Status: Not the best but I'm trying

Dancing Queen

Chapter 3 - Week 1 Results Show

Waking up the next morning was a strange feeling, this being because I don't even remember falling asleep. Wiping my eye, I turned to look at my bed partner and well what had become my pillow throughout the night realizing it was of course Derek. We must have fallen asleep whilst watching the movie last night. Awkward.

Wow, he's kinda cute when he sleeps. No bad Emma you really shouldn't have those thoughts about him!

Finally coming to my senses, I shook Derek until he woke up.

"I think I fell asleep" He said in a gruff voice from only just waking. "Yeah, I think we both did sorry,” I replied whilst trying to flatten what I can only imagine to be an out of control bed head. I smiled at him as he started to stand stretching once he did.

"I'm going to run home, I have so much to do before going to the studio for rehearsals" He told me gathering his jacket that he threw on the floor last night. "Yeah of course, listen Derek, thank you for last night. It's nice to know I have someone here as a friend" He smiled and replied as he was nearing the door "No problem babe see you later" "Bye Derek"

Lying back on my bed, I sighed, wondering what on earth I've gotten myself into.

Later on that day.

"Hey Sadie" I greeted the tall blonde as I walked into the restaurant that we were meeting for lunch in. "Hey girl you look nice" She greeted with her sweet smile gracing her face. "Thanks, so do you. Where are your folks at" "Oh Dads doing business and my Moms shopping. How was your relaxing night" She answered back. "It was okay, Derek stopped by and we talked for a while, other than that it was movies and Brownies" I replied laughing at the end part. "How you feel about tonight" I went on to ask after drinking my water. "Mark said I should be fine, especially since we got a good score, but I worry you know. There's so many good dancers I'd hate if I left after one dance" She replied.

Honestly, I was worried too, I had never felt a high quite like the one I did last night when all those people stood clapping my dance. It's a sense of achievement that I hadn't felt in some time. Leaving so early on would be such a shame and I'd feel like I've let Derek down.

"How do you find working with Mark then,” I asked Sadie. I know they're close which I think was really nice, especially knowing how much easier it is working with Derek since we’re close. "He's amazing, I love working with Mark, and I think he makes this whole process much easier" She said with a big smile on her face.

At the studio that night.

Mine and Sadies lunch date ran way over the time it should have but after enjoying lunch we decided to go on and look around the shops which was a mistake since we both spent way more than we should have.

Sitting in the hair and makeup chair was not easing my nerves, I just do not want to be the partner that Derek Hough could not train. Being kicked out of the competition also meant that I could no longer spend time with him and that was definitely not an option.

Whilst having my hair done, my phone buzzed

Hayley: Em! Good luck. I've spent like a million dollars phoning. Jokes but you'll be fine.

Hayley was my best friend from New York who I was missing like mad. She was working on her music at the moment, but I hoped she would be able to come out to a show soon. She was the closest person to me. Whilst everyone else had their parents and spouses I had Hayley.

Suddenly I felt someone grab onto my shoulders "Hey pretty lady" Derek looked super handsome in his outfit. "Hey, you" I replied an instant smile gracing my face. He had that effect on me. "So myself and Julianne are going to dinner tonight and wanted to know if you'd like to join us" He asked "That's so nice of you to offer, but I don't want to interrupt your sibling time" Truth be told the thought of it frightened me. I don't really see Julianne around the set and the only time we've really spoke was when she was judging my dance moves. What if I turned to mush around her a total fan girl melt down.

"You wouldn't be interrupting that's why we invited you silly. She wants to get to know you more." He stopped turning to greet someone before continuing "And just think if we get through to the next show which we will it would be a celebration. If we don't it will be our last proper meal together" Gee Derek why don't you kick me in the heart a little more. "Fine I'll go. Stop nagging" I replied jokingly.

Showtime

Watching the professional ladies dance was incredible. I enjoyed it so much that I even turned to Derek whispering in his ear "Is it bad that I have a girl crush on all of them right now". That got raised eyebrows from Derek.

Waiting for them to start announcing who was safe and who was in jeopardy was hell. I'd have to wait until a lot later for them to tell me, which did not help my nerves in any way, shape or form.
One thing though is that I'm so glad that Alfonso was doing the encore his dance was so entertaining. Maybe it's too early to say this, but I think he will definitely be going far.

After a while of watching the show I felt a hand grab mine and pull me over to the side a bit away from everyone else. "How you feel babe" Derek asked me concern on his face. "I'm okay, just want to get it over with so I know what's happening" I replied " If I'm going through then It would just be so much easier to know than sit and carry on waiting like this"
"Stop worrying, we're going through I can feel it in my bones. Then tomorrow you'll be cursing me whilst I'm working you to the bone to make sure that we get next week’s dance perfect and we make it through that too" Derek replied, taking my head in his hands, kissing my forehead and running off to talk to someone else.
"He's too cute" I said quietly to myself before walking back to the balcony to carry on watching the show.

Finally a stage hand appeared and four of us and our professional dancers were ushered to stand on the stage to announce whether we were safe or in jeopardy.

After the video package showing all of our performances and some backstage moments ended you could feel the tension in the room. None of us wanted to be the first to be kicked off the competition so being told we were safe was a must.

"It's time to tell our four highest scoring couples if they are safe or in jeopardy"

"Alfonso and Whitney you are safe" Erin told them. That to be was the obvious decision. Alfonso was an amazing dancer and for him to be eliminated the first week would have been a real shocker.

"Sadie and Mark you are also safe!" Tom told them. I was so happy for Sadie. She had become my best friend and all I wanted was for her to get through to next week. She was going to become an incredible dancer and she had proved that with the dance last night.

"Lea and Artem you are in jeopardy" Erin informed them.

"Emma and Derek you are safe" Wait safe as in going to next week! I think that I had told myself that I was going home so much it had become the only thing I believe. I hadn't let Derek down and that was the main thing, I would be dancing with him for another week"

Walking backstage Derek and I hugged for a few minutes “I'm so proud of you babe first week down and we're already kicking ass" He said to me before he was whisked away to change for the short professional dance.

Back on the balcony the first person I spotted was Sadie. Turning round she all but yelled at me "We did it! We survived the first week!" Smiling back at her, I replied "I know right, I think I was just as happy to see that you made it through as I was to get through"

Later that night Derek and the rest of the professional dancers were performing. It was amazing to watch it. I found myself attached to every move they made. Turning to Sadie I said "Doesn't Derek hip moves look amazing" There was no reply from the younger girl just a raise of her eyebrows. What don't judge me.

"Alright, before the break, we asked you to choose the audition video from one of our pros that you want to see right now. Your tweets have been counted and the winner is Mr Derek Hough" This got my attention. Would this be something I could use whenever he started to tease me, I sure do hope so.

"Oh my word look at his hair" I shouted to the rest of the group who were also watching the video. He got more and more embarrassed at this video went on.

Meeting up with Derek in the backstage area "Oh, don't say a word" He told me before I had even got near him.

"Who me? I was just going to say how entertaining it was" Repeating the word that he had said a few too many times in the video. Gently pushing me, I began to laugh. If we couldn't have fun then what would be the point. "Just remember I'm the one that has to teach you stuff"

It was hard standing on the stairs waiting as Lolo and Keo were eliminated. They had only ever danced once and this was Keo's first season! The greatest thing about Lolo is she was so kind, especially about being eliminated rather than Betsy.

Once the show had ended and I had hugged Lolo and Keo it was time for interviews.

The first interviewer said "I met a group of your fans today and they wanted me to ask you a question if you don't mind" "Aw, that's so nice of course I don't mind" "Okay so if you weren't in acting what would you like to be famous in" He asked.
"Ooh, that's a good one, I think it would be either photography or writing" I replied. It was true, I'm a fan of both. Turning to Derek he asked the same question. “Well, I'm also actually a fan of photography" See meant to be or what.

Finally, once Interviews were done. We walked back to our dressing rooms. "Meet us at the doors in 20 minutes or so and we'll go for food" Derek told me as he went to change. Oh no I forgot I had dinner with the Houghs!