Status: Not the best but I'm trying

Dancing Queen

Chapter 4 - All About The Rehearsals

After Derek's suggestion last night it had led to a very sleepless night. I found myself in the early hours of this morning researching apartment in LA and when the clock finally hit a decent hour I arranged a few apartment viewings.

Walking into the rehearsal space at the studio, Derek was sitting leaning against a mirror looking his usual gorgeous self. "Hey! You're right on time a minute later and you would have been late" He cheered as he noticed me.

"Yeah, sorry I got no sleep and I ran to get us a coffee to start the morning right, " I answered, handing Derek his coffee and sitting next to him.

"Well, as you know it's my jam Monday and we will be dancing to all about that bass and I've been told we will be dancing the foxtrot" Derek told me. "I've been thinking of some choreography stuff and I'm excited to do this one, “He continued to tell me. "That's what I like to hear" I replied, smiling at his excitement.

"I've also been thinking about adding a prop to this dance" Derek told me. Now that frightened me. Not only would I be thinking of not tripping over my feet I'd also have a prop to make sure that I don't fall over or drop or break. "Right and what sort of a prop are you thinking of! I went on to ask Derek

"Well, I want to use a bass" He told me trying to hold his laugh when he saw the look that must have appeared on my face.

"Like the huge instrument" I asked

"Exactly" He replied

"Why are you trying to send me to an early grave Derek" His response was just laughter. If I wasn't worried about the idea of a prop before well I had no choice but be nervous now. Why didn't I pick a different song!

"I think the best thing to do at the moment is to watch our performance from Monday and then we can start getting the moves down" Derek told me moving to grab his laptop.

Once Derek had loaded the video and it began to play we started to watch as myself and Derek went into dance mode. It was crazy because I looked like someone completely different not someone who had no confidence and wanted to quit all the time.

"How do you feel after watching that” Derek asked me.

"Like I want to do better on the next dance" I replied.

"For your first dance I'd say you did pretty amazing"

"Yeah, I agree it's just I want to move easier and not to see the fright on my face as we're dancing" I told Derek.

"Well, I think we should get to it" Derek announced as we stood up.

How they got a bass so quickly I really do not know, but then again, I think you'd get lost in the prop department.

"Okay and you want me to dance with that thing, its huge" Has Derek lost his mind it was huge! If I didn't trip over it, then I'd be surprised “I'll be controlling it a lot I think, but I do want you to be standing on" No, there it is the moment where he had definitely lost his mind. I started to laugh, he's obviously not serious that had to be dangerous.

"You're laughing because you think I'm joking but I'm not your standing on that bass" Brilliant.

Getting on it was nerve wracking if you think I'm being a baby, then maybe I am but you try standing on an extremely shaking musical instrument that I'm sure someone had soaked with some slippery liquid and to make matters worse heels. The dreaded heels.

Finally, I pulled up my big girl underwear and stood on the bass and it wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be.

As I was standing on the bass and we started practicing we were interrupted by a knock on the door. A purple haired girl popped her head around the door "Hayley!" I screamed once I noticed her. Jumping off the bass and running to the door she met me halfway crashing into each other's arms we were sent flying to the floor.

In the last few years I had become even closer my best friend I had been through a bad time and had felt so alone, but Hayley had been there with me every step of the way.

Once we were back on our feet I couldn't help but feel a sense of calm having Hayley there.

Turning to my dance partner who was standing in amazement at the two of us I introduced them "Derek this is my best friend Hayley and Hayley this is my awesome dance partner Derek" shaking hands Hayley turned to me saying "So you got the one you wanted hey". Turning slightly red at her truth I looked at Derek as he said "Always wanted me, I knew you did really" He winked at me this sent me a darker shade of red.

"What are you doing here I thought you weren't coming until the weekend" I asked her. "I cleared some of my schedule and thought why not come and stay with my best friend for a few more days and then leave after the show next week".

That was awesome as long as I put everything into my rehearsals with Derek I could then spend time with Hayley.

“How much longer have you guys got until you finish for the day?” Hayley asked Derek.

"Just give us another half hour and she's all yours for the afternoon" He replied smiling down at me as we went back to practicing. As I was on the bus again Hayley demanded she get a picture of Derek and myself.

@HaySmith: I'm sure @EmmyTeller loves standing on a bass for the sake of it. @DerekHough

http://s.sidereel.com/cms/posts/324409/large/Bethany-Mota-and-Derek-Hough-Rehearse-For-DWTS-Season-19-Week-2-1411394179.jpg

“Alright then babe I think we are done for the day! Go have fun with your bestie” Derek told me as he gave me a hug and packed up his things.
“Thanks Derek I ‘ll see you tomorrow”