Status: Not the best but I'm trying

Dancing Queen

Chapter 6 - Best Friend Time And Rehearsals Part 2

Getting to spend time with my best friend was truly needed, even though I loved spending time with all the other contestants and the pros here Hayley brought a sense of home comfort with her.

Deciding to spend some time in a coffee shop we ordered our drinks and a cheeky cupcake to share and took a seat on a table by the window.

"I thought you wouldn't be here until the show day!" I said to Hayley taking a sip of my drink.

"Cleared some of my schedule and thought that I could do laundry or I could be having some best friend time" She replied.

"Just know you'll be sharing me with rehearsals” I told her

"I'm sure I can keep myself busy whilst you're busy" She replied, looking over at the barista who was giving her the flirty eyes. That was the thing about Hayley it felt like every guy looked at her and instantly fall in love with her, she was beautiful and different with her purple hair and tattoos, but it suited her and the guys loved it.

"How is the looking for love thing going" I asked her

"It's going not quite found anyone yet, but I have to say I'm enjoying the kissing a few frogs part" "I'm sure it's not just kissing them" I replied to her. My statement caused us both to burst out laughing. I knew her too well. We found when we are together we both have those loud, annoying laughs so we received a few strange looks.

"How have you been not being in New York" Hayley asked me when we had calmed down after our fit of laughter.

"You know I'm actually liking it, I feel really calm compared to being in NY I'm actually thinking that I would love to live here, " I told her not looking forward to her reaction with the moving parts.

"That makes me sad that you don't want to live in New York anymore, but it's nice to hear that you feel better than you have in a while. What made you start thinking about moving?"

"I went to dinner with Derek and Julianne and I said that I said that I’m growing out of New York and after dinner Derek suggested looking at LA"

"You and Derek seem close"

"I've spent 90% of my time with him between rehearsals and just down time" I replied a small smile appearing on my face that happened when I start thinking of Derek.

"You have a crush on him don't you Em"

"No! I don't!" Yes, I do

"Really, you do" Hayley cheered back at me.

"I'm pretty sure that I don't" Really I do

"I don't know who you're trying to convince more, me or yourself" Hayley said to me.

"He's different and I know that he would never like someone like me"

"You need to stop putting yourself down I know you've been through a lot, but you're better than what you think you are" Hayley told me. Standing up, she hugged me.

I had a lot of anxiety one bad relationship and it changed me completely I use to find attention off guys flattering and now it scares the hell out of me. After the relationship, it sent me into a negative attitude towards myself. This was one of the reasons that I decided to do DWTS it was to tell myself that I could do whatever.

"Anyway, even if I did like him I'm sure I'm just another partner to him,” I said as we stood to collect our stuff to head back to the hotel.

The next day as I had a late slot for our rehearsal at the studio I kept myself busy. Yesterday I booked appointments to go see a few apartments and now that Hayley was here it gave me a chance to have a second opinion.

Around 10 we had already been to three different apartments and I hated all of them.

We arrived at the last appointment and just from looking at the outside I was already in love with it.

Going inside it was gorgeous! It was modern yet simple and had all the different features in the apartment block.

"So in this one we have two bedrooms and two bathrooms which will be perfect if you're going to have any guests" The retailer told us.

"You love it right" Hayley told me.

"I adore it is it bad that I want to put a deposit down now" I said

The plan had been I would look at apartments for after the competition, but I wanted to put a deposit down and it was only week 2 of the competition

."If you want it that badly put a deposit down when I got back I'll start packing up your stuff and slowly start sending it over. It comes furnished so you'll have the basics you could even treat yourself to some new stuff you've earnt it" Hayley told me. So I did just that I put a deposit down. Dropping Hayley off at the hotel I went straight to the studio ready for rehearsal.

Today it was once again Derek’s turn to be late.

"Are we not having rehearsals today" I asked one of the camera guys when I had been waiting for an hour.

Finally a head popped round the door looking over it was Derek.

"Hey! Are we ready to get to work" Derek said as he walked in

"You're a bit late aren't you"

"Yeah been a crazy morning and the meeting I was in ran late"Derek replied putting his stuff down,

Getting right to work we practice the whole of our dance a couple of time before we called it a day.

"How's having Hayley here been for you, " Derek asked as we were packing up our things.

"It's been really nice I've missed her and having her here has been helpful"

"What you girls been up to"

"I went and put a deposit on an apartment today" I replied a huge grin appearing on my face.

"No way! You're moving here! Congratulations baby!" Derek cheered pulling me into a hug. Excuse me whilst I melt in his arms for a while.

Oh happiness!