Somewhere Only We Know

2: Will I See You Again?

“Here” Iker smiled as he set a glass down on the table ahead of Ariana. “I didn’t know what you were drinking so I went with something simple. It’s a vodka and coke” he explained as the brunette looked up at him curiously. She didn’t understand it, Iker had been insistent on sitting with her all night and it made her feel a little wary. No man could possibly want to spend his night with her whilst Lucia was getting drunker and more flirtatious. “Gracias” she mused as she took the glass into her hand, sipping lightly at the drink he had bought for her. Iker shook his head and fell back into his seat, his dark eyes still trained on the beautiful brunette that had captured his attention the moment she had wandered over to them. He knew the others didn’t see it, his friends were all still too preoccupied in fawning over Lucia who was practically falling out of her dress, but Iker didn’t mind. Their looking at Lucia meant that he had Ariana to himself, something he was enjoying even if it was a little hard to communicate with her. He just liked sitting with her.

“Iker, you don’t have to sit here” Ariana murmured as she shifted beneath his stare. It was odd to her, having Iker’s dark eyes fixed on her instead of her sister, but she didn’t necessarily want him to stop. The way he was looking at her gave her butterflies.

Iker shook his head. “You’re right, I don’t, but I would like to. I like sitting with you Ariana, I thought that would be obvious” he noted with a little shrug.

Ariana’s cheeks reddened slightly. “You want to sit with me?” she posed.

Iker smiled. “Of course. If I didn’t, I would have got up long before now. I like sitting with you Ariana and would like to do it for as long as I can” he noted, his large hand reaching across to brush the dark hair that had fallen over her cheek away. She was beautiful, more so in Iker’s eyes than Lucia who was practically dry humping Sergio, but it was very clear that she wasn’t aware of it. She had clearly spent a lot of her life being told that Lucia was perfect and that she was not. “Have I mentioned how beautiful you look?” Iker whispered as he ducked his head a little, closing somewhat the space that existed between them. It was forwards, something which wasn’t like Iker, but he felt comfortable with it. The idea of touching or kissing Ariana was enough motivation.

Ariana’s breathing hitched a little. “You think I am beautiful?” she whispered.

Iker flashed his lazy smile and nodded. “Far more beautiful than any girl in the room” he confirmed gently.

Ariana thought for a moment before a little smile appeared on her face. “Gracias Iker” she mused.

Iker shook his head. “No need to thank me, hermosa, you are, quite simply breathtaking” he enthused. He doubted it would make much of a difference, Ariana’s thoughts of herself were clearly very ingrained in her, but he wanted her to know that he found her stunning. She had been the one that had caught his eye, not her sister, and she was clearly in need of being told that. Ariana let out a tipsy giggle, something which made Iker smile. Her laugh was a beautiful as the rest of her.

“Do you want to dance or something?” Iker posed after a few second of silence.

Ariana shook her head. “My shoes are too small. I can hardly stand up, let alone dance” she murmured apologetically.

Iker nodded and settled back in his seat.

“You could still go and dance. I am sure many girls are looking to get a dance from you, San Iker” she teased.

Iker shrugged. “They will have to keep looking then, I only want to dance with one girl and her shoes are too small” he quipped.

Ariana pondered his comment for a moment before allowed her eyes to widen. “Me?” she noted.

Iker smiled. “Of course. You’re the only girl I know in here that is wearing shoes that are too small for her” he teased.

Ariana shook her head before she moved to hide her face, something Iker’s large hand was quick to stop. “You shouldn’t hide that face” he murmured as he gently slipped his hand beneath her chin “It’s too beautiful to be hidden beneath your hair” he smiled. Ariana felt her skin warm, but didn’t move her head, keeping her blue eyes locked on Iker’s dark ones. Iker smiled at her softly. He doubted that night would be the last time he saw Ariana. He was going to make sure that he left with her number safely in his phone.

~#~
“Let me guess, you’re a lawyer” Iker grinned as he sipped at yet another drink. It had been hours, Iker and Ariana had been sat together nearly all night, and Iker was enjoying himself. Ariana was a bright and clever girl even without mentioning how beautiful Iker found her.

“Wrong” Ariana returned with a smile.

“A writer?” Iker tried again.

Ariana shook her head. “I am a trainee doctor Iker” she mused.

Iker smiled. “I am impressed Miss Costa” he teased “What is it that you want to specialize in?” he added.

Ariana shrugged. “I haven’t quite decided yet” she noted.

Iker nodded his head before Lucia appeared behind her sister, her brown eyes fixed on the keeper. “You’d best not be harassing my sister” she slurred, her arm drunkenly throwing itself around Ariana’s shoulder. Iker looked up at her in shock. “He’s not Luci. Iker and I were having a very nice conversation before you came over” Ariana responded. She was irked, she had been enjoying talking to Iker, but she knew that Lucia wouldn’t let it continue. Her peeling herself away from Sergio meant that she was ready to go home, something that Ariana would have to assist her in.

“Oh” Lucia murmured “Well it’s time to say goodbye. I need to get home before work tomorrow” she slurred.

Ariana rolled her eyes slightly, but nodded nevertheless, collecting her bag and jacket from her seat.

“Ari” Iker murmured as he watched her “Will I get to see you again?” he posed. It was forwards, but Iker couldn’t imagine not seeing her again. For the first time in a long time, he felt connected to someone and he didn’t want to just let Ariana slip through his fingers.

Ariana looked up at him. “You want to see me again?” she prodded.

Iker nodded before he did something a little unexpected. Stepping closer to her, he pressed a strong kiss to her lips before pulling back, offering his most charming smile. “I would love to see you again” he enthused.

Ariana stood breathless for a moment before she pulled her phone out of her bag, handing it to him. “Put your number in” she breathed, her heart pounding in her chest “I will call you and we will set something up” she added as Lucia tugged on her arm. Iker obliged and typed in his number before he watched the two girls leave.

He had a good feeling about Ariana.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and recommendations for chapter 1, it means a lot! :)