Somewhere Only We Know

27: It Wouldn’t Kill Me To Try

Smiling, Iker sat down on the sun lounger beside Ariana’s, his brown eyes watching his girlfriend softly. It had been a pleasant few days, they had found themselves on a beach in Australia, and Iker doubted he had felt more relaxed about his relationship with the brunette. They had spent a few nice days just relaxing and he was kind of dreading returning to Madrid where life was likely to get on top of them again. They hadn’t even turned their phones on when they had landed and it made Iker feel relaxed. They’d had nothing to worry about for the past three days but he doubted it would be the same when they returned home. He was due to start training again once his cast had been removed and Ariana would be back working shifts that limited her opportunities to spend time with him.

“What are you smiling about?” Ariana quipped, her blue eyes not once glancing away from the book that was rested against her knees.

“How did you know that I was smiling?” Iker returned.

“Because you haven’t stopped smiling in three days” Ariana replied, her eyes flicking towards him.

Iker chuckled. “Can you blame me? We’ve been sat in the sun for three days and you’ve worn bikinis, why wouldn’t I be smiling?” he enthused.

Ariana rolled her eyes. “You’re a little cheeky sometimes aren’t you?” she teased as she folded her book closed and set it on her lap.

“Only when it comes to you in bikinis Ari” he quipped with a small laugh “I wish you could wear that year round” he added making Ariana reach across and slap his arm. Iker smiled at her gently before a small silence fell over them.

It had been a nice holiday, Ariana had adored spending time thinking only of herself and Iker, but she knew that they had to get back to Madrid and the lives they had left behind, something which saddened her a little. She knew that he couldn’t just up and leave, he was contracted to Real and loved playing for his team, but sometimes she wished that he could. Things seemed a whole lot easier when it was just the two of them.

“What are you thinking about Ari?” Iker mused.

Ariana shrugged. “Just stuff” she muttered.

“By stuff you mean our return home?” he quipped, his body moving to sit beside hers.

“Maybe” she mused shyly.

Iker smiled and leant over, kissing her gently. “Nena, it will be alright” he cooed, his thumbs gently brushing over her cheekbones “We’ll still be able to relax like this, we’ll just have to balance it around work and stuff” he assured her gently.

“Will we though Iker? When we get back to Spain, you have that cast removed and I have to deal with you travelling the country as the captain of Real Madrid. I will be working shifts and I will hardly see you anymore. How can you say that we will get to be like this when that cast comes off?” she mused, her hand gently playing with the fraying edge of the thick plaster cast. She had grown used to it, it was hard for her to imagine him without it, and she knew what its removal meant. Iker would have less and less time to spend with her and she would merely have to learn to cope with it. It was a problem that came with being his girlfriend.

Iker looked down at the cast and sighed. “You’re right, it won’t be the same right away, but after May, I get three whole months to just be with you. It’s going to be tough Ari, but isn’t it kind of worth it?” he shrugged.

“You mean, aren’t you kind of worth it?” she teased.

Iker nodded. “It’s part of being a footballer’s girlfriend Ari. Can you do it for me?” he grinned.

Ariana smiled. “Fine, but only because you are a very cute guy” she grinned.

Iker chuckled and leant over, kissing her again. “I love you” he beamed.

Ariana nodded. “I know you do” she teased.

Iker squeaked. “Aren’t you going to say it back?” he spluttered.

Ariana shook her head. “Nope. I am going to put my book back in our room and then I am going to make myself some lunch I think” she grinned as she pushed herself up. Iker watched her, dumbfounded, before he reached out, his hand wrapping around her wrist as he pulled her back, leaning her small frame over his. Ariana squeaked and blushed, her blue eyes attempting to stare anywhere but into his brown ones.

“Now amor, did you honestly think I was just going to let you walk away from me?” he grumbled, one of his hands playing with the tie of her bikini.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t” Ariana replied with a little smirk that made Iker’s stomach flip. He found nothing more enticing than Ariana when she was confident and bold.

“I have ever told you how sexy you are when you talk like that?” he muttered, his voice gruff.

Ariana nodded. “You’ve mentioned it, but I never tire of hearing I” she smirked.

Iker shook his head and moved his head, catching her in a tight and slow kiss. Ariana shifted slightly and moved her hands to his hair, holding him ever closer to her. “I wish we could stay like this” she mumbled as she moved her lips to the side of his neck, nibbling and nudging against his tanned skin.

“We can” Iker breathed, his words slightly stuttered.

“How?” she replied, her head lifting to that their eyes met.

Iker sat up and smiled. “You can move in with me” he announced.

Ariana’s blue eyes widened. “What?” she whispered, awe clear in her voice.

Iker chuckled and kissed both of her hands. “I asked you to move in with me when we get back to Madrid. I know it is quick Ari, too quick, but I can’t imagine going days at a time without spending my nights beside you. I want to be with you Ari, all of the time” he announced gently. He was no idiot, he knew that it was far too fast to be suggesting something so serious, especially to a girl that before him had never had a boyfriend before, but when he looked into Ariana’s eyes, he saw his future, something he wanted to start right away.

“Iker, we’ve been dating for nine weeks” she whispered.

Iker nodded. “We have, but I already know that I love you more than anything and that I want to spend every second I can with you. You don’t have to say yes Ari” he assured her as he brushed his thumb over her knuckles “I just wanted you to know how much I want things to be perfect” he added, his brown eyes peeking down at their hands.

Ariana noted the earnest look on his face and tilted her head. It was fast, very fast, but she knew that she loved Iker. Her heart thumped at the mere thought of him and got close to exploding when he kissed her or smiled at her like she was the only person he could see. “Iker” she whispered “Perhaps we could try that” she murmured.

Iker lifted his head. “Really?” he squeaked.

“It wouldn’t kill me to try” she shrugged.

Iker grinned and leant over her, pressing her back into the lounger. “I love you” he grinned.

Ariana nodded. “I love you too” she replied softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme1122334 for the comments :)