Somewhere Only We Know

29: It Can’t Be For Me

“Done” Iker smiled as he flattened out the last cardboard box, stowing it in the corner with all of the others. It had been a long process, packing and unpacking all of Ariana’s things had taken longer than he had thought it would, but he was pleased that it was done with. Ariana officially lived with him and that had been worth the hours of packing and unpacking that he had been through.

“Really?” Ariana quipped as she brushed some of her dark hair from her eyes.

“Really. All of yours books are in the lounge on the shelves, all of your clothes are in my wardrobe, you’re officially my live-in girlfriend” he quipped as he moved towards her. He knew that she was still struggling, her parents hadn’t endeavored to make any contact since they had stormed out of her home, but Iker didn’t want to push the issue. If her family weren’t prepared to accept them as they were, then, to Iker’s mind at least, they didn’t deserve the chance to accept them at all. Ariana had made her choice and he didn’t want to dwell on it. It only ever served to make her upset and he didn’t want that.

“Your live-in girlfriend? Does that mean you have other girlfriend that live out?” Ariana teased.

“Only a few, but I swear, I will never let them near here” Iker joked softly in return.

Ariana rolled her eyes before she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him close. Iker hugged her back gently and placed a little kiss on her forehead. “How are you feeling?” he murmured as he relished their embrace.

Ariana shrugged. “A little funny, but hey, if they don’t love you, then why should I try so hard to keep them around?” she mused.

Iker smiled and dropped another kiss on her head. “They’ll come around Ari, if not, then it is their loss. You’re great” he grinned gently. Ariana blushed gently before her stomach rumbled, making Iker chuckle. “I should go out and get us something to eat” he mused as he smiled down at her. She looked beautiful, even if she was just in a t-shirt and leggings, and Iker was still amazed that he got the chance to call her his. Ariana was perfect and Iker was sure there was a better man than him out there waiting for her.

“Iker, you’re staring again” Ariana murmured as she gently fiddled with the hem of his t-shirt.

The keeper let out a little laugh and smiled. “I know I am. I am staring at the most beautiful thing in my life” he enthused causing Ariana to slap his arm as another blush covered her cheeks. Iker chuckled softly and pressed kisses to both of her cheeks before he backed up a little. “I really ought to go and get something to eat. I forgot to go shopping before you arrived” he smiled softly.

Ariana nodded. “Alright, I will take a shower and then study. I have a test at the end of next week” she enthused.

“Sounds like a plan” Iker cooed as he pecked her cheeks once more, drawing ever closer to her temptingly soft lips.

Ariana smiled at the contact gently before she pecked his lips. “Iker” she murmured as she felt his hands wander down her back, quickly finding the hem of her t-shirt. “Iker, mi amor, you said that you would buy me dinner” she whispered as she pulled away, her blue eyes peeking up through her eyelashes into his dark ones. Iker smirked. “Do you not think dinner could wait for a little while? I think we should celebrate you’re moving in” he grumbled, his hands gently pushing her shoulders so that she fell back slightly onto the bed she had been sat on.

Ariana blushed before her stomach let out another growl, something which made Iker smile. “Perhaps I should get dinner first” he cooed as he trailed kisses down from her jaw to her stomach, pulling her shirt up a little. Ariana giggled and nodded. “I will be here when you get back” she cooed.

Iker smirked. “You’ll always be here” he teased before he padded out of the room.

~#~
Stepping out of the bathroom, Ariana sighed, not quite sure what to put on. It was starting to get a little late, nine o clock had already been and gone and Ariana doubted it would be long before she and Iker retired to bed. After a small meal, she was sure that she would want nothing more than to curl up in his arms and fall asleep for the first time in her new home, and so she didn’t want to find clean clothes, knowing that they would only be discarded when dinner was done with.

Shaking her head, she padded over to Iker’s dresser and pulled the top drawer open, her hands rifling through the neatly folded piles of t-shirts. She knew that he wouldn’t mind, Iker had often comment on how cute he thought she looked in his clothes, and she knew that she wouldn’t be comfortable in anything more. She felt a little bloated and just wanted something a little baggy to wear. Filing through the pile of clothes, Ariana felt her hand brush against something, causing her to frown a little. “What the hell does he keep in here?” she muttered as she brushed her fingers over it once more. It was only small, square, and it made Ariana curious, so curious that she pulled it out, her blue eyes widening at the sight of the navy blue velvet box. She knew what it was, she had seen one before and had read about them countless times in books, but couldn’t believe that Iker had one. “It can’t be for me” she murmured as she flicked the lid of the box open, allowing her to see the sparkling ring. It was beautiful, breathtaking, but Ariana doubted that Iker could have bought it for her. They had only been dating for ten weeks, there was no way he could have been thinking about marriage, not so soon.

“Ari?” Ariana jumped as Iker’s voice snipped into her ears and stowed the box back in the drawer, her other had grabbing a t-shirt.

“Ari, I bought some food back” Iker mused as he stepped into the room, his brown eyes sparkling as they landed on her barely dressed frame.

Ariana turned and flashed him a smile, grabbing her slippers from the side of the bed where Iker had thoughtfully left them. “I am starving” she enthused as she skittered out of the room. Iker offered her a smile as she passed before he padded towards the dresser, checking the box was where he had left it. Things were moving quickly and Iker doubted it would be much longer before he found himself down on one knee.

Ariana was the girl for him and he didn’t see the sense in waiting around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)