Somewhere Only We Know

36: Let’s Mend Fences

Stretching a little, Iker flexed his arm around Ariana’s waist, holding her tightly against him. It was nice, without training, Iker had nowhere to rush off to, and he was relishing the chance to spend a little more time with his fiancée. He couldn’t remember the last time he had been able to lay in with her without one of them needing to speed off to work. “Ari” he murmured. She looked content, she was sleeping soundly, and Iker was more than happy to take the chance to just lay with her. She looked stunning.

“Iker, don’t even contemplate moving” Ariana mumbled in return as she shifted slightly, burying herself deeper in the warmth of the blankets “It’s seven am, you can afford to stay” she added without opening an eye. Iker chuckled gently and dipped his head, pressing a little kiss to the side of her neck. “I know I can amor, it’s just weird. With you on vacation for the next two weeks and me for the next month or so, we have nowhere to be” he mumbled as he placed kisses in a line leading from her neck to just below her ear.

Ariana smirked. “Isn’t that a good thing? You have me to yourself for two whole weeks Iker” she mused as she rolled onto her back, her blue eyes staring up at him lazily.

“It’s a great thing” Iker replied with a similar smirk on his lips.

Ariana giggled impishly and reached up, her fingers weaving enthusiastically through his dark hair as she pulled him into a light kiss. It was innocent, they were barely touching, but still it had Iker smirking. He already knew what his girlfriend was getting at and had to admit, he liked her train of thought. Shifting a little, he levered Ariana onto his waist and smirked, his brown eyes wandering possessively over her perfect body. “You’re gorgeous” he whispered as she leant down to kiss him once more.

Ariana paused and quirked a teasing eyebrow. “I am what?” she teased.

“You’re gorgeous, perfect, wonderful, fantastic” Iker spat out “Whatever adjective you are looking for, you are it” he added.

Ariana giggled. “Someone’s a little cranky when he doesn’t get his own way isn’t he?” she joked as she bent down to kiss him again. Iker took advantage and rolled her over, pressing her back against the mattress. “I may be cranky, but I always get my way” he grinned, his mouth lingering barely centimetres away from hers. Ariana stretched, trying to kiss him, but stopped as the sound of someone tapping on the door echoed.

“Leave it” Iker grumbled.

“What if it is something important? I will be gone a matter of moments Iker and then you can have me” Ariana returned with another teasing look. Iker huffed and reluctantly dropped his hold on her, making a mental note to kill whoever had decided it was a good idea to show up at his home at seven in the morning.

“Stop pouting” Ariana giggled as she collected a jumper from the side, pulling it over the pajama top she wore.

“I would do, but someone has stopped me from getting in your pants. That, to me, is a pout-worthy offence” he grumbled.

Ariana rolled her eyes and pecked his lips before she padded down towards the door, pulling it open to find her sister stood outside. “Lucia” she breathed “Wh…What are you doing here?” she squeaked.

Lucia smiled as kindly as she could. She didn’t want to be near her sister, Ariana and Iker were infuriatingly cute, but she knew that she had to make an effort. If she wanted to pull them apart, she had to do it from the inside. “I came to see you silly” she gushed “I thought that maybe I could treat you and that boyfriend of yours to some breakfast” she added as she showed off the bag of food she had bought with her.

Ariana frowned. It was sudden, Lucia appearance, too sudden for the brunette and it left her a little unsettled.

“Come on Ari, I am trying to mend fences here. I bought your favorite” Lucia grinned.

Ariana nodded. “Take it through to the kitchen. I will get Iker” she mused.

Lucia smirked and wandered into the house as Ariana made her way back up the stairs.

“Are they gone?” Iker announced as she pushed the bedroom door open.

“Not exactly” Ariana replied as she moved to find a pair of his jeans in his dresser. The last thing she wanted was for Lucia to see Iker in a state of undress, it was sure to only make things worse. Iker watched her and climbed off the bed, padding towards her. “Amor, why are you trying to get me dressed? I thought we were going to spend the morning doing the precise opposite” he cooed as he placed his hands against her hips.

Ariana blushed as his warm breath brushed over her skin. “We were, but something came up” she muttered.

Iker frowned. “What?” he muttered.

“Lucia” Ariana replied simply.

Iker let out a groan. “Please tell me she isn’t here” he muttered.

“She is” Ariana replied as she thrust a pair of trousers and a clean shirt into his arms “And we are going to make nice for a little while ok? We’re going to be polite and nice and then she might go away” she explained.

Iker sighed. “Do you honestly believe that?” he murmured.

“No, not for a second, but I am going to be the bigger person Iker. We’ll put up with her for an hour and then we’ll make up a line to have her leave” she explained before she padded out of the room.

~#~
“Iker” Lucia smiled as she moved to wrap her arms around the keeper.

Iker offered her a weak smile and hugged her back. “Lucia, it has been a while, I am taking it that you are over your bitchy phase” he noted causing Ariana to kick his shin slightly.

Lucia giggled. “My mother did say you were a funny guy Iker” she mused as she leant away from him.

Iker smiled and moved to collect his breakfast from the table. “So, what do we owe this pleasure to?” he muttered as he took the bagel out of the bag.

Lucia shrugged. “I wanted to see my baby sister and her lovely new fiancé. I am thrilled for you two by the way, I cannot wait to get my bridesmaid dress” she rambled.

“Bridesmaid?” Iker spluttered, his dark eyes jumping to Ariana who was choking slightly on her coffee.

“Of course. I am the bride’s sister, I will be the maid of honor” she insisted

Ariana shook her head. “Luci, you won’t be. I have already picked a maid of honor, even if I haven’t asked her yet” she mused as softly as she could. She couldn’t tell if Lucia was being genuine or not, but she didn’t want to hurt her. Lucia was her sister and she didn’t want to make thing even worse between them.

“Oh” Lucia squeaked, trying to keep the bitterness out of her voice “Who are you going for?” she smiled.

“I was going to ask Pilar, Sergio’s girlfriend” Ariana replied with a little look towards Iker who smiled at the mere mention of the idea.

Lucia watched the small interaction and stifled the desire to roll her eyes. She still hated it, her baby sister being the girlfriend of one of the world’s most famous footballer, and she was going to make sure it ended, even if it did mean a few false smiles and pleasantries. She was going to ensure that Iker and Ariana endured a messy break up, one so bad that they would never speak to each other again