Somewhere Only We Know

37: All I Need Is Her Phone

Flopping down onto the bed, Iker let out a small relieved sigh, glad that Lucia had finally left. It had been hours, the blonde girl had batted away more than one chance to leave, and Iker had barely been able to bite his tongue. Lucia was clearly up to something and Iker knew he wouldn’t be able to rest until he knew what it was. She may have fooled Ariana with her smiles and polite laughs, but Iker could tell she was planning something, he doubted she would have gotten over her evident jealousy or anger so suddenly. “That was torturous” Ariana grumbled as she padded into the room after him “I thought she would never leave” she added as she moved to collect some clean clothes from her dresser. She had tried to make Lucia leave, she had come up with three or four decent excuses, but still Lucia had sat, smiling and laughing like nothing had ever happened.

“Tell me about it. I lost count of how many times I just wanted to throw her out of here” Iker grumbled “She was sat there like nothing had ever happened and I couldn’t stomach it Ari. She’s up to something” he muttered. He knew that Ariana liked to see the best in people, it was a flaw as well as an endearing quality of her personality, but he hoped that she had seen through Lucia like he had. The blonde girl’s façade had been paper thin and not convincing in the slightest.

Ariana sighed and sat down beside him gently. “You got that feeling too then?” she muttered.

Iker nodded. “It just seemed a little forced. The last time you saw her, she was sure that she wanted nothing to do with you and then all of a sudden, she appears at the door trying to be your friend? It isn’t real Ari” he breathed gently as he set his hand at the bottom of her back. He knew it was likely to upset her, even if Lucia was a bitch, she was still her sister, but there was no denying it. Lucia’s appearance had been too sudden for it to be anything more than a scheme.

Ariana nodded. “I know, I just don’t see why she is trying so hard to ruin this. I am not that bad a sister am I?” she breathed as she leant back, her arms wrapping around his middle. She wasn’t an idiot, she knew that Lucia had little to no intention of becoming her friend again, but she was also sure that Lucia wouldn’t stop. The blonde was a lot of things, but the worst thing she was, was utterly stubborn when it came to overshadowing her baby sister.

Iker wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close, his head shaking softly. “Of course you aren’t, you’re a wonderful person and anyone would be lucky to be related to you. Lucia’s just a spiteful bitch” he muttered, his nose softly nudging against hers. He could see it, the doubting look in her eyes, and he wanted to allay it quickly. He’d not seen it in months and didn’t want it making a reappearance. He liked the more confident version of his fiancée that had appeared and didn’t want her regressing into the shy and nervous girl he had first met.

Ariana sighed. “You know she isn’t going to give up don’t you?” she muttered as she closed her eyes, allowing herself to relax into his touch. Iker nodded and smiled. “I know amor, but we aren’t going to let her get in the way of this. We’ve gotten through a lot in the last six months and we are not going to let your sister be the undoing of us. I love you Ari, and no matter what Lucia does, that is not going to change” he whispered as he held her close.

Ariana smiled gently and pecked his lips, whispering a small ‘I love you too’.

~#~
“What are you doing here?” Daniel muttered as he looked at Lucia. He had met the blonde girl before, Ariana had introduced them when she and Daniel had been in medical school together, but he didn’t understand why the blonde girl was at his door. He was trying to enjoy a quiet night with his wife.

Lucia smiled. “I have an offer for you, one that can see you trade up from Alyssa to Ariana” she grinned.

Daniel frowned. He had thought no one knew about his crush on the other doctor, he had hoped that he had hidden it well enough, but clearly he hadn’t. If Lucia had figured it out, there was no telling who else knew he had feelings for the younger Costa. Pulling the door closed, he stepped onto the stoop and folded his arms over his chest. “What do you want from me?” he muttered.

Lucia smiled. “I know you like Ari and I think I have a plan that can solve both of our problems. I will get Iker and you will get Ariana and everyone will be happy” she enthused.

“She seems pretty happy with Iker, Lucia, it’s going to be hard to pull them apart” Daniel noted cautiously.

Lucia smirked. “Iker’s insecure. He looks at every man as a threat to his relationship with Ari and I think we could play on that. He’s petrified that she will cheat on him and if we make those fears a reality, it would easily spell the end of their relationship. Iker’s made himself vulnerable with Ari and will be utterly broken should he have that through back in his face. I can be the shoulder to cry on and so can you” she explained.

Daniel frowned. He didn’t like the idea, the mere thought of hurting Ariana unsettled him, but it was still tempting. Daniel had had feelings for Ariana since he had met her and it upset him that she had picked Iker after she had rejected him.

“What would you need me to do?” he whispered.

Lucia smirked. “I need her phone” she smiled.

“Her phone?” Daniel squeaked.

Lucia nodded her head. “It’s step one Danny” she smiled.

Daniel sighed, but nodded his head. “I will get her phone” he muttered gently.

It was an awful plan, it was likely to hurt a lot of people, but Daniel couldn’t say no. The chance to be with Ariana was far too tempting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments :)