Somewhere Only We Know

4: I Like You

“I am sorry that I couldn’t find somewhere better” Iker mused as he sat down with Ariana in the small fast food restaurant a few minutes away from the hospital. He had tried to find somewhere better, he was trying to impress her after all, but thanks to the short notice, the burger place was the best he could do, something which embarrassed him a little. He was trying to win the girl’s heart, not make her want to run away.

“It’s fine Iker” Ariana returned with a little smile “I love this place, they do the best burgers I have ever eaten” she enthused. She could see that he was bothered by it, but she wanted to assure him that she didn’t mind. She would have chosen a fast food place over some fancy restaurant any day.

“Are you sure? I could probably find somewhere else for dinner” he posed.

Ariana nodded. “I am sure Iker. Besides, it isn’t like this is a date” she noted.

Iker quirked an eyebrow. “It isn’t?” he posed gently.

Ariana blushed. “I didn’t think you would want it to be. I thought you were just being polite” she admitted gently. She was struggling with it, the notion that Iker wanted spend time with her as more than just his friend, but it was clearly what the keeper wanted from her. He had looked nothing short of offended when she had suggested that their lunch wasn’t a date.

Iker smiled at her gently and reached across, his large hand wrapping around her small extremity. “Ari, you need to start accepting that fact that I like you” he noted softly. It was forwards, he had only known her for a matter of hours, but Iker was sure of himself. He liked Ariana and he wanted her to understand it. Just looking at her made him smile and that was a feeling he hadn’t had for a while.

“Like me how?” Ariana murmured, her blue eyes fixed on their hands.

“I like you in a way that means I want nothing more than to lean over this table and kiss you. I want to wrap you up in my arms and just hold you” he explained with a wide smile.

Ariana’s cheeks warmed at his statement. “No one has ever said that to me before” she murmured.

Iker smiled. “Then I am happy to be the first. I like you Ari and I want you to know that, because I am going to be around for a while” he mused softly, his thumb gently brushing over the back of her hand. Ariana smiled a little, but hid her face from him, not wanting to appear too eager. Iker noted the smile and moved his other hand to her chin, tilting her head back slightly. “Don’t hide that smile from me, hermosa” he whispered softly.

Ariana nodded. “I am not the most confident” she admitted lowly.

“I had noticed” Iker teased “But you should let me show you how to be. You’re a beautiful and clever girl Ari and you shouldn’t be afraid to show that off. You’re wonderful” he explained softly.

Ariana spluttered out a laugh. “Iker, you need to stop saying things like that. I don’t think I can stop myself from blushing” she mused.

Iker smiled and leant over the table, pressing a soft kiss to each of her cheeks. “It’s alright Ari, I like your blush” he grinned.

~#~
“Sergio really did that?” Ariana squeaked as she and Iker moved to walk back towards the hospital. Lunch had been wonderful, Ariana had found Iker funny and clever as well as being the sweetest man she had ever met, and she hoped that they would get the chance to do it again. She enjoyed spending time with him even if it did petrify her.

Iker nodded. “The girl was really pretty so he tried to hurdle the gate to go and speak to her, but he caught his foot and landed face first on the steps. He fractured his nose in two places” he enthused. He didn’t want to be talking about Sergio, not on his date with Ariana, but it made the brunette laugh, a sound Iker liked immensely.

Ariana giggled. “Does he do things like that a lot?” she teased.

Iker shrugged. “Sergio is Sergio. He’s a fool, but I love him for it” he enthused.

Ariana nodded before they came to a stop outside of the hospital. “I should get inside. My shift starts again in a few minutes” she mused as she peeked up at the building beside them. She didn’t want to go back to work, she wanted to spend the day with Iker, laughing and talking as they had throughout their date, but she knew that she had to. She had patients to check on.

Iker nodded dutifully. “I will see you soon?” he posed, his hands placing themselves on her hips, drawing her into him a little.

Ariana’s cheeks turned red once more as she spared a little nod. “I would like that Iker” she admitted softly.

“How about tomorrow night? You could come to my place and I could cook. I am a really good cook” he enthused.

Ariana lifted her eyebrow. “You can cook?” she teased.

Iker scoffed playfully. “I am a wonderful cook I’ll have you know” he retorted with a smile.

“I’ll just have to test that myself” she teased.

“Is that your way of saying that you would like to come to dinner?” Iker teased as he wrapped his arms around her properly, holding her mere inches from his body. Ariana nodded before she looked up at him, her blue eyes leaving him a little breathless. “I must have told you how beautiful you are” he murmured, his voice a little breathless.

Ariana nodded. “You’ve mentioned it” she quipped shyly.

Iker smiled at her gently before he ducked his head, kissing her softly for a moment. Ariana startled at it. She had kissed him before, Iker had been rather forwards the night before when they had said goodbye, but the way he kissed her then was nothing like the one they were sharing in that moment. The first kiss had been rushed, Iker had kissed her with force, but the second was much nicer. It was slow, rhythmic and it made Ariana smile slightly. Iker had been the first man to kiss her and the way he kissed her then made her think he was also likely to be the last.

“Ari” Iker whispered as he pulled back.

“Hm?” the brunette replied.

“You should get back to work. I will see you tomorrow night” he enthused with a light and soft smile.

Ariana nodded gently before she turned on her heel, moving back inside of the hospital.

Iker watched after her and smiled to himself.

He had a good feeling about Ariana.