Somewhere Only We Know

42: They Just Fell In Love

Sighing, Lucia looked at the man ahead of her, a rather disinterested expression on her face. She was irked, Iker hadn’t called despite breaking up with Ariana and that annoyed the blonde girl. She had assumed that the keeper would be desperate to see her once Ariana was out of the way. “What do you want Daniel?” she muttered as she allowed him through into her apartment. She didn’t like the doctor, like Iker, he seemed to want to follow Ariana around like a lost puppy and the sooner she was through with him, the better. She hated spending time with the Ariana Costa fan club.

Daniel shifted slightly and sighed. “I don’t think I can do this anymore Lucia” he admitted gently.

Lucia’s eyebrow raised. “I thought you wanted Ariana, or have you changed your mind about that?” she muttered, her dark eyes fixed on the man ahead of her. Daniel was the key, he was the one way to get close to Ariana and without him, Lucia would be stuck. She still had phases she wanted execute to ensure that Iker never looked at Ariana in a pleasant light again.

Daniel shook his head. “I haven’t changed my mind about that Lucia, but I have changed my mind about wanting to take her away from Iker. The man is the best thing that has ever happened to your sister and you should see her now that he is gone. She’s devastated, so much so, I doubt she would ever date again. Iker was the one and only” he explained. He still had feelings for Ariana, he had had them for years, but he doubted that Ariana would even look at him twice now that Iker was gone. He doubted she would ever look at another man again.

Lucia scoffed. “You’re being dramatic Daniel. Ariana’s not the innocent little princess everyone seems to think she is. She will find another moron to be with, she managed to capture Iker quite successfully” she commented with a roll of her eyes.

“She didn’t capture Iker, she didn’t do anything to make Iker love her. They just fell in love and I feel awful knowing that I helped you ruin that. Your sister loves Iker, she loves him more than anything she has ever had in her life and just because he was cuter than the last moron to fuck you, you couldn’t let her have it. Life doesn’t revolve around you Lucia, the world doesn’t give a shit about you” Daniel spat.

Lucia scoffed. “Do you want me to tell Alyssa about your part in this?” she threatened.

Daniel shrugged. “I am going to tell her and Ari anyways. I can’t go along with this anymore” he murmured.

“Why the hell not?” Lucia demanded.

“Because it hurt her” Daniel spat in returned “Because Ariana is at home in hysterics worried that Iker hates her. She’s cried more in the last three hours than I have ever seen her cry before and that it my fault. If I had just ignored you and your plan, then she and Iker would be cuddled up together right now, but instead, she’s a mess, he’s gone to his parents and they’re over” Daniel yelled before he turned on his heel, moving to walk away from Lucia.

“She didn’t deserve him” Lucia snapped “Why should my nerdy little sister have a man like that?” she added.

“Because she’s a better person than you are. She’s sweet, compassionate, kind whilst you’re a stuck up puta who believes the entire world should revolve around her and her petty jealousies. Ariana found Iker because she deserved to find Iker, you’re alone because you deserve to be alone” Daniel hissed before he walked away from her, slamming the door of her apartment for emphasis.

Lucia watched after him and shook her head.

She would get by without Daniel.

~#~
“You’ve got to eat something Ari” Alyssa mused as she placed a plate of food ahead of her friend. She could see that Ariana was still struggling, every now and then, a small sob would still slip past her lips, but she needed to eat something. She had ripped into Iker for not eating when they had split up the first time and couldn’t ignore her own demands.

“I am really not hungry” Ariana muttered as she pushed the plate back.

“I know, but you tore Iker to shreds when he didn’t eat, so you have to” Alyssa quipped, pushing the plate back.

Ariana huffed a little and nodded, taking a small bite of the meal that Alyssa had prepared for her.

Alyssa watched her approvingly before she heard Daniel’s footsteps moving back towards them. He had been gone for a while, longer than he said he would be gone and it only served to make his wife more suspicious of him. He was hiding something and she knew it. “Danny?” she called.

Daniel padded into the room and sighed, his dark eyes glancing over at Ariana who still looked devastated by the loss of her fiancé. He had to tell her, she had a right to know that she had been tricked and deceived, but he was scared. Ariana, and most likely Alyssa too, was going to hate him for the role he had played in Lucia’s plan.

“Are you ok Danny?” Alyssa muttered “You’re acting pretty odd” she added.

Daniel sighed gently. “I know how the texts got onto Ari’s phone” he murmured.

Ariana lifted her head. “You do?” she breathed.

Daniel nodded. “Your sister put them on there. She’s got this whole scheme to break you and Iker up and the texts were just the first part. I don’t know what comes next” he whispered, his stare riveted to his feet.

Ariana frowned and pushed herself up, taking a few paces towards Daniel. “How do you know that?” she breathed.

“That’s not important. The important thing is that I do know and now we can go and tell Iker and fix this mess” he spluttered, his eyes unmoving.

Ariana shook her head. “It is important Daniel” she muttered “How do you know that Lucia did this?” she added.

“It doesn’t matter” Daniel reiterated.

Alyssa watched her husband and let out a loud, humourless laugh. “You bastard” she snapped causing Daniel to flinch.

“What?” Ariana murmured as she flicked her stare to Alyssa.

“He was in cahoots with her. He took your phone” Alyssa announced with a snarl fixed on her face.

Ariana paused briefly before she turned back to Daniel, her hand hitting his cheek with a loud slap. “Bastard” she snapped “How could you do this to me Danny? What the hell did I do to you to make you want to work with my sister to hurt me like this?” she yelled, tears jumping into her eyes.

Daniel sighed. “I just thought, if you weren’t with Iker anymore, then…uh” he trailed off.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. “You thought she would be with you instead? Gosh, you are a moron aren’t you? Aria doesn’t have those feelings for you moron, she never has done and she never will do, especially now that you are working with Lucia to take the best thing that has ever happened to her away. You’re an idiot” she snapped as she pulled her wedding band off of her finger “And you’re getting a divorce” she added.

Daniel gaped for a moment before he turned his stare back on Ariana. “Ari?” he breathed.

“You will help me get Iker back, you will prove that Lucia did this, and then you will leave this part of Madrid. I never want you near me again” she spat before she stormed out of the room, followed attentively by Alyssa.

Daniel watched the two women go and shook his head.

He should have never taken Lucia’s word for anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to foREVer an Angel , Ladyfiaran and Jayme112234 for the comments :)