Somewhere Only We Know

44: As Long As You Say You’re Mine

“Do you want something to drink?” Iker mumbled as he pulled out a chair at the kitchen table, his brown eyes looking over at Ariana. She looked a mess, makeup and red marks outlined her beautiful blue eyes and Iker hated to think that he had caused them, even if it hadn’t been intentional, knowing that he had made her cry stung. He had to fix it. Ariana had clearly been as much a victim as he had, but he didn’t quite know what to say to her. He’d been rude, he’d not even contemplated the idea that she had been telling the truth and he knew that that would have done a lot of damage. Ariana was shy at the best of times, let alone with a man who had called her a cheating whore.

Ariana shook her head. “I am not thirsty” she replied softly, her eyes fixed on her hands.

Iker sighed gently. “Ariana” he murmured “Mi amor, I am so sorry. I…I just didn’t know how to react” he stammered out shyly. He was stuck, he had no idea what to say and Ariana could see it. There was a look of utter fear in his eyes as he looked over at her.

Fiddling with her hands slightly, Ariana lifted her stare and shook her head. “You didn’t even think that I hadn’t done it did you?” she whispered gently, her voice quivering a little.

Iker wanted to shake his head, to tell her that he had thought that she was innocent from the outset, but it would have been a lie. He had thought she had done it and there was no way he could lie to her about it. He was an awful liar.

Ariana noted the look on his face and shook her head, a few more tears gathering in her blue eyes. “I thought you knew me Iker” she muttered in a tone just above a breathy whisper “I thought you knew that I gave you everything, every last little piece of me and I thought you thought more of me than to just assume that I was out whoring it up when you weren’t looking. I know that I am not the best girlfriend Iker, but surely you knew better than that” she whimpered as she fiddled with her hands ahead of her. She was under no illusions, she was not the flawless girlfriend that Iker deserved, but she had assumed that he knew her better. Ariana was a lot of things, but a liar and a cheat were not one of them.

“Ari, I got it wrong, but you have to admit, the evidence was compelling” Iker protested, his hands reaching out of hers slightly.

Ariana pulled her hands away and shook her head. “The evidence was compelling Iker, but I would have thought you would believe me over some shitty little texts. You read them and then just assumed my guilt, you never gave me a chance to speak to you” she whispered, her blue eyes peeking at him shyly. She wanted to make things right with him, Iker was the best thing she had ever had, but she didn’t want to make it easy on him. He had hurt her, even if he had just been going with what the facts had said, and Ariana didn’t want him thinking it hadn’t hurt. He’d snapped her heart with his vicious words.

Iker sighed gently. “I got it wrong Ari, I behaved poorly, but I didn’t know how to process it. The texts, the pictures, all of it was just like it was with Sara and I didn’t even think that you were different. I saw patterns, similarities, and I forgot all about how different you are from her. How wonderful and loving you are, how amazing you are. Ari, I was an idiot, the biggest idiot on the planet, and I will do anything within my power to make sure that I make it up to you. Name it Ari and I will do it, just as long as you say you’re mine” he whispered as he got up from his chair, kneeling on the ground ahead of her. It was pathetic, begging her, but Iker just wanted her back.

He didn’t know what he would do without her.

“Iker, I don’t know” Ariana whispered.

Iker gripped her hands in his and looked up at her, his thumb gently brushing over the back of her hand. “Nena, I know I did you wrong, but I do love you and I will do anything to make sure that that is abundantly clear. I am sorry, I should have trusted you more and I hate the words I said to you. Amor, just give me one chance to show you” he whispered gently as he ducked his head slightly, kissing her knuckles.

Ariana swallowed. She wanted him, Iker was the one thing in her life that made her truly happy, but it was hard. She had seen how quickly he had turned on her when he thought she was a cheat and didn’t want to get on that side of him again. He had been vicious with his words and that had left her hurt.

“Ari?” he whispered.

“Ok Iker” she breathed.

The keeper let out a little relieved laugh before he lifted himself up slightly, his hands gently cupping her warm and slightly damp cheeks in his palms. “What do you want Ari?” he whispered as he lowered his head, allowing his lips to linger just inches away from hers. He was thrilled that he had gotten his way, but he doubted that it didn’t have a price. Ariana deserved to get whatever she wanted and Iker was more than prepared to give it to her if it meant he could have her back. Just the thought of kissing her was enough to have his hearth thumping in his chest.

Ariana thought for a few seconds before she flashed her blue eyes up to meet his, the familiar feeling of butterflies pooling her stomach. “Anything I want?” she whispered, her stare dancing between his eyes and his lips.

“Anything” Iker confirmed with a grin.

“Iker” she whispered, her blue eyes a little innocent.

“Hm?” the keeper hummed.

“Iker, I want to have a baby” she whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last chapter: Jayme112234, Ladyfiaran & maddiecaps