Somewhere Only We Know

45: Is This Really What You Want?

Iker looked down at his fiancée, surprise etched onto his features. He was shocked, he had thought that the last thing that Ariana would want was a baby, but he could see that she was being honest. Her blue eyes were staring straight into his. “Y…You want a baby?” he muttered as he peeked down at her. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to have a baby, the notion of Ariana carrying his child was enticing to him, he just worried. Their relationship was volatile, people were desperate to see them fall apart, and Iker didn’t want to have a child suffer through it. It was bad enough that Ariana was put through it all, let alone his son or daughter.

“I want to start trying” Ariana replied softly. She could see the surprise on his face, the awe, and she hoped she could talk him into it. She had seen how happy Junior had made Pilar and Sergio and just wanted something similar for her and Iker. She was sure he would look wonderful with their son or daughter nestled in his arms.

Iker let out a little sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. “Do you think that is wise right now? I mean, we were just torn apart by Daniel and Lucia’s scheme, do you really think getting pregnant is the most productive solution?” he muttered. He didn’t want to upset her, she still had make-up stains from the last time that he had made her cry on her cheeks, but he wanted to make sure that she was certain about what she wanted. He didn’t want to start trying only for her to change her mind about what she wanted.

Ariana nodded her head. “I have seen how happy Junior makes Pilar, Iker, and I just want something like that for me and you. I know we are on shaky ground right now, but there is no guarantee that I will end up pregnant right away. I just want to know that we are trying” she whispered as she peeked down at her hands, shyly playing with her fingers.

Iker sighed. He doubted he could say yes to her. “Ari” he whispered as he crouched down to her height, gently cupping her cheek in his palm “Ari, I am not sure about this. I would love to have a baby with you, you know that, but I am not sure that now is the best time. Your sister is still lingering out there somewhere and I don’t want our little baby getting hurt because his or her mummy and daddy can’t get it together” he whispered as he peeked into her eyes. It was a little harsh, Iker had promised to give her whatever she wanted in exchange for her getting back with him, but he was sure that it was the right call. Until Lucia had gotten bored and left them alone, Iker doubted he would be comfortable trying to get Ariana pregnant.

Ariana peeked up at him briefly before she pushed herself out of his grasp. “I am sorry for suggesting it” she muttered before she moved to walk away from him, something which made Iker groan slightly. He felt bad, he had promised to give her anything, but he just didn’t feel the time was right for them to have a baby. He didn’t want his child dragged into the mess that Lucia had left them in.

“Ariana” he called as he padded after her, catching up to her in a few strides “Ariana, amor, I am not saying that we are never going to have baby, I am just saying that we should hold off until Lucia is done with this whole plot to break us up” he explained as he brushed some of her dark hair away from her eyes.

“That’s the problem Iker” Ariana replied softly as she ducked away from his touch “This thing with Lucia will never be done. She’s got it in her head that I am not deserving of you and she will not stop until you and I cannot look at one another without wanting to cry or yell. She hates the idea that I have someone so wonderful whilst the best she can do is some drunken moron at a bar that’s looking for a one night stand. She’s not going to let up and that means, if we wait for her to, then we will never have a baby. She’s going to try and break us up forever Iker” she muttered as she moved to walk away from him.

Iker watched after her and let out a little sigh. He knew that she was right, she knew Lucia better than anyone, and he knew he had to try and fix it. She was right, Lucia wasn’t going to give up and if they waited to have a baby, they would be waiting for the rest of their days. “Ari” he muttered as he caught up with her once more “Ari, is this one hundred percent what you want? You’re not just saying this in the spur of the moment?” he asked as he gently laced their fingers together, stopping her from walking away from him once more.

Ariana nodded. “I’ve given it tons of thought Iker, ever since I met Junior, I knew I wanted something like that for you and me. I was going to suggest it before this whole thing happened” she mused as she allowed her blue eyes to meet his dark ones. He looked so cute, his brown eyes were wide like a puppy, and had Ariana not been so upset, she would have cooed. He was adorable and sometimes she wondered what it was he saw in her.

“You want me to get you pregnant?” Iker stressed.

Ariana smiled and nodded. “Yes Iker, that is what I want” she mused.

“One hundred percent?” Iker noted again.

Ariana giggled softly and nodded her head. “One hundred percent” she replied.

Iker allowed her words to linger for a second before he drifted his hands to her waist, pulling her a little closer to him. “You want my baby” he muttered lowly “I kind of like that idea” he added as he moved to kiss the edge of her jaw. Ariana giggled a little as his stubble brushed against her skin. “We will try Ari” he breathed as he reached her lips.

Ariana smiled at him softly before she pulled him into a kiss.

All she wanted was to try.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to JR10_CR7_LM10, Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments :)