Somewhere Only We Know

49: Why Don’t We?

Resting his palm over Ariana’s stomach, Iker smiled a little to himself, picturing how she would look with a large bump. It had been a surprise, he had thought it would take a lot longer for him to get her pregnant, but he was thrilled with the turn of events. Ariana was it for him and he couldn’t wait for their little one to be born. He couldn’t wait to be a father for the first time. “You’re going to be the most loved little baby” he murmured as he brushed his thumb beneath her shirt, gently skimming across the skin “You’re going to have a mama and a papa that loves you so much and I cannot wait to meet you bump. Another seven months seems like an awfully long time” he whispered before he sat up a little, kissing the material of her shirt.

Ariana watched him for a second before she reached down, cupping his cheek gently in the palm of her hand. “You realize that the baby probably can’t hear you right?” she murmured as she stared into his eyes. She was thrilled, Iker hadn’t stopped looking at her stomach since she had broken the news to him and she found it adorable. She had only ever seen him that happy once before and that was when she agreed to marry him.

Iker nodded. “I realize that, but there is a chance they can and I want them to know how loved they already are” he smiled gently. Ariana cooed a little at his response and pulled him into her, kissing him softly. She loved it, the attentive and cute side that Iker liked to showcase on occasion, and she could never resist kissing him when he was like that. It was a perfect reminder as to why she had fallen in love with him.

“You’re adorable, have I ever mentioned that?” she murmured as she rested her forehead against his.

Iker smiled. “A couple of times, but I still think you are cuter” he teased softly.

“Nope, you’re the cuter one” Ariana replied defiantly, a few giggles falling out of her mouth.

Iker chuckled gently and lowered his lips to hers, kissing her softly.

“Iker” Ariana murmured as she backed away a little “What are we going to do about getting married?” she asked as she guided her stare back to his. It was sudden, the thought of their impending wedding, but Ariana was curious. She was going to be huge by the time January rolled around and doubted she would have the confidence to walk down the aisle still sporting her bump.

“What made you think of that?” Iker chuckled as he leant away from her, resting happily at her side.

Ariana shrugged. “It just popped into my head, but it is a valid question. I will be huge by the time January rolls around” she commented as she moved to place her hand against her stomach. Iker mimicked the action and placed his hand gently over hers, his thumb still brushing small reassuring circles against her flat stomach.

“You’re going to look so good with a bump” he enthused softly.

Ariana rolled her eyes. “I doubt it” she murmured.

“You will Ari. You’re stunning to me right now and knowing that you are carrying my baby has just enhanced that. You’re going to be the most beautiful pregnant woman” he grinned.

Ariana’s cheeks warmed a little before she peeked down at her stomach. “Do you think they will be alright?” she whispered.

Iker nodded his head and offered her another small smile. “They will be perfect Ari, mostly because they have you as a mother” he enthused.

Ariana rolled her eyes slightly, something which made him chuckle softly. “We’ll get married whenever you want” he announced. He wanted to marry her, he would have done it tomorrow if they could, but he just wanted Ariana to be comfortable. He could wait, but their wedding day had to be perfect for Ariana, if all went well, it would be the only one she ever got and Iker wanted it to be right. He wanted to give her the best day of her life.

Ariana smiled. “Really?” she pressed.

Iker nodded. “It is your wedding day Ari and every little girl deserves a wonderful day. I will give that day to you in whatever way you want and whenever you want it” he explained with a slightly nonchalant shrug.

Ariana shook her head. “You really are perfect aren’t you?” she teased.

Iker shook his head. “I’m not, but I am in love” he grinned.

Ariana giggled a little. She doubted she would ever get used to the way he could reel off some endlessly cute quote to make her blush, it was Iker’s forte and she doubted she would trade it for the world. Iker was the only man that had ever made her blush with something as simple as a few words or a simple smile.

“So, when do you want to get married?” Iker pressed softly. He wanted an idea, even if she couldn’t give an exact date, plans needed to be made and Iker wanted to start making them.

Ariana thought for a second. “We’ll be in August next week and I am due in late January” she commented “I would need a few weeks to get back into shape after the baby is born, so how about March next year?” she smiled gently. It wasn’t precise and Ariana doubted it would stay the same, but it was an idea.

Iker smiled. “I don’t mind mi amor. I would take you to a registry office right now and get married” he teased.

Ariana paused. “You would?” she squeaked.

Iker nodded. “Ari, I am pretty sure I have wanted to marry you since we went out to that burger place the day after we met. I love you and the notion of having you as my wife is awfully tantalizing, but I will wait and do it the way you want to do it because I want our wedding day to be about you. All I have to do, it put on a suit and meet you at the top of the aisle” he smiled as he squeezed her hand a little.

Ariana allowed his words to linger for a moment. “Why don’t we?” she whispered.

“What?” Iker spluttered.

“Why don’t we go and get it done? I could be your wife and then we could have a little ceremony when the baby is born for everyone else” she suggested.

Iker shook his head. “I am not going to let you throw away your chance to be a beautiful bride in a perfect dress Ari” he muttered.

“I wouldn’t be. We would renew our vows in front of everyone once the baby is here” she replied.

“Aren’t people going to be hurt?” Iker pressed.

“Possibly, but they would all get to see the other ceremony. Please Iker” Ariana whispered.

Iker looked down at his fiancée. It was a tempting offer, Iker wanted nothing more than to get married to Ariana, but he didn’t want her regretting anything. It was likely to be her only shot at a wedding and he didn’t want her regretting her choice. “Are you certain about this?” he murmured.

Ariana nodded without any hesitancy.

“Sure?” Iker poked.

Ariana nodded again.

Iker swallowed a little before he spared a small smile, nodding his head.

“Alright” he breathed “Let’s do it”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and Ladyfiaran for the comments :)