Somewhere Only We Know

5: I Like It When You’re Bold

“Ari’s got a boyfriend” Lucia sang as she sat on the end of her sister’s bed, her brown eyes fixed on the brunette who was trying to get ready for her second date with Iker. She was clearly nervous, her hands had shaken as she had attempted to pull the zip of her dress up, but Lucia couldn’t resist teasing her. It wasn’t every day that her baby sister went out on a date and Lucia wasn’t going to let it escape without notice. She was pleased that her sister was getting out in the world, even if Ariana was reluctant to share her boyfriend’s name, she just wanted the younger girl to end up happy.

“I do not have a boyfriend” Ariana replied as she moved to touch up her makeup “I have a male friend that invited me over for dinner” she clarified.

Lucia rolled her eyes. “You do not get dressed up like that for a male friend. Now you are either dating this guy or are trying to convince him that you should be dating, so which is it?” she noted with a smirk.

Ariana blushed gently, but shook her head, not wanting to get into it with Lucia. The older girl had a habit of teasing her and it always made Ariana feel a little bad about herself, even if it wasn’t Lucia’s intention. The older girl had a habit of saying things that hurt her feelings.

“Come on Ari” Lucia nudged “You must be going somewhere special” she added.

“Nowhere in particular” Ariana smiled as she moved to wrap her cardigan around herself. She was already running a little behind and didn’t want Iker thinking that she had stood him up. She liked spending time with him and didn’t want it to stop just because she couldn’t be punctual.

“Ari” Lucia whined “Why won’t you just tell me about him? Surely you want me to give him the ‘if you hurt my sister, I chop it off’ speech?” she whined.

Ariana grabbed her bag and shook her head. “I like him Luci and I don’t want to scare him off just yet. Let me get to grips with things before you stick your nose in ok?” she mused as she looked into her sister’s eyes. She knew that Lucia, in her own way, thought she was trying to help, but Ariana wanted some time. She liked Iker and didn’t want her sister scaring him away before she had a chance to get to know him.

Lucia sighed, but nodded. “Alright, but when the time comes for your secret boyfriend to start meeting your relatives, I am the first one ok?” she noted.

Ariana smiled “Of course Luci” she noted as she checked her appearance over once more.

“You look beautiful Ari. Whoever he is, he’s very lucky” she cooed.

Ariana flashed her another smile before she skittered out of the room.

She couldn’t wait to see Iker again.

~#~
“You look wonderful Ari” Iker smiled as he allowed the brunette into his home. She did look nice, if a little over dressed, and Iker couldn’t stop himself from smiling. She had gone to a lot of effort to impress him and he couldn’t help but feel a little special.

“I do? I wasn’t sure about it” Ariana returned.

Iker nodded. “You look perfect Ari” he grinned as he took her hand, pulling her into a soft hug. Ariana hugged him back softly before the scent of food caught her nose. “You were serious about cooking?” she exclaimed as she pulled away from him, her blue eyes wide.

Iker nodded. “I said that I was a good cook and I wanted to show you. I’ve made a homemade chili with freshly baked bread” he enthused. He wanted to impress Ariana and was sure that nothing was more impressive than his mother’s recipe for chili. He had loved it growing up and was sure that Ariana would love it too.

“You bake bread too? Iker, I am impressed” Ariana teased as she moved to hang her cardigan up.

Iker chuckled modestly. “You have to eat it yet Ari. I wouldn’t get ahead of yourself” he joked.

“I am sure it is lovely Iker” Ariana cooed gently.

The keeper shrugged. “I hope so, but if not, I have take out menus and wine on standby” he smiled.

Ariana grinned too before she stepped towards him, pulling him into a light kiss that the keeper was quick to respond to. It caught him off guard, he had not been expecting Ariana to be so forwards, but he warmed to it quickly. He liked kissing Ariana.

Pulling away, the brunette brushed some hair away from her face and ducked her head. “I…I am sorry” she spluttered.

Iker placed his hand beneath her chin and tilted her head back, offering her another soft smile. “Hermosa, you shouldn’t be sorry for that. I like kissing you” he commented gently. It was going to take a lot of work, Ariana fretted about every little thing, but Iker was willing to help her. She was wonderful and he wasn’t going to rest until she saw it for herself.

“I didn’t mean to be so bold. It’s not me. Lucia has always told me to keep out of the way” she murmured.

Iker brushed his hand over her cheek. “I like it when you are bold” he assured her gently.

“You do?” Ariana squeaked.

Iker smirked. “I like it when a girl takes control” he teased with a shrug.

Ariana blushed at him comment, something which made him chuckle. “Come on, dinner will be ready now and I would hate for it to burn” he cooed as he took her hand, kissing the back of it gently. Ariana’s cheeks warmed a little more as she followed him. She doubted she would ever get used to the sweet lines he insisted on using.

~#~
“I had a wonderful time Iker” Ariana smiled as she wrapped her cardigan around herself. It was late, the pair had spent a lot of the night talking whilst they ate Iker’s wonderful food, and Ariana had enjoyed herself. Iker was charming, funny, and that was all without mentioning the way he could make her heart flip with something as simple as a lazy smile or a look.

“I am glad that you did Ari. I liked cooking for you” he replied as he followed her through the hall towards the door. He didn’t want her to go, Iker already wanted to spend every waking moment with her, but he knew he had to keep that to himself. He had only known her a few days and didn’t want to creep her out by suggesting she stay. It was clear that Ariana had never experienced something like that before with a guy and Iker didn’t want to scare her away so soon after finding her. Ariana was special and he wouldn’t have forgiven himself for screwing it up so soon.

“We should do it again sometime” Ariana quipped as she picked up her bag.

Iker nodded. “Definitely” he enthused.

“Alright. Buenos noches Iker” Ariana cooed as she leant over, pressing a tender kiss to his cheek.

Iker smiled at the contact, but turned his head, capturing her lips for a brief second. “I have a game this weekend Ari” he whispered between light kisses “I can get tickets for you and Lucia. Will you come along for me?” he whispered.

“Iker, I don’t know” she replied “Isn’t it a little fast?”

Iker shook his head before he deepened the kiss, earning a small yet easily heard moan from the brunette. “It is not fast. I want to show you off Ari. Will you let me?” he murmured, trying to keep his hands from reaching beneath her dress.

Ariana wanted to say no, the idea of being seen with Iker still terrified her, but his kiss was convincing.

“Ari?” Iker murmured.

“Alright Iker” she whispered.

Iker smiled and pecked her lips a couple more times.

It was fast, but he wanted to show Ariana off. He was sure his friends would love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Ladyfiaran and Jayme12234 for the comments :)