Somewhere Only We Know

50: When You Know, You Know

“You look wonderful” Iker whispered gently as he wrapped his arms around Ariana, a small smile perched on his face. She looked wonderful, even if it wasn’t the white dress that Iker had been expecting when he proposed, and Iker couldn’t believe she was about to his. She was easily the most beautiful sight he had seen.

“You think so?” Ariana mumbled as she brushed her hands down her frame, straightening the floral material slightly. It felt a little odd, she had always imagined getting married in a flowing white gown, but she knew it had to be done. If she arrived at a registry office in a white dress, a lot of people would figure them out and that wasn’t what she wanted. She wanted to marry Iker before the baby was born and wanted to do it quietly.

Iker chuckled. “You’re stunning Ari” he enthused as he gently brushed the hair away from her neck, allowing him the chance to kiss the soft skin “The most beautiful bride I have ever seen” he added with a little laugh. He loved it, the idea that Ariana was going to be his wife, and he couldn’t resist mentioning it. Since they had made the decision a few days previous, the baby and their impending marriage had been all he could talk about.

Ariana smiled gently and turned to face him. “You are sure about this aren’t you?” she mused as she allowed her blue eyes to wander over his face. He looked good, Ariana had always thought that he was gorgeous, but the smile that was fixed on his face only served to make him more handsome. He looked so contented and Ariana kind of liked the idea that it was down to her.

Iker nodded. “I am sure about it Ari, I want to marry you regardless of the circumstances, but if you are having second thoughts, we can just not do it. This is about you” he smiled as he moved his arms around her waist, pulling her a little closer to him. He didn’t care, he would have married Ariana in a rundown shack if he had to, he just wanted to make her happy. “Are you sure?” he poked.

Ariana smiled a little and moved up onto her toes, kissing him gently. “Never more so” she breathed gently as she pulled away.

Iker chuckled and laced their fingers together. “Then let’s get married Ari” he smiled making her laugh.

She doubted she had ever been more ready for anything in her life.

~#~
“You look so beautiful” Pilar gushed as she wrapped her arms around Ariana’s frame, hugging her tightly. It had been a difficult choice, choosing to have Sergio and Pilar as their witnesses, but in the end, they had decided it was better than strangers. Sergio and Pilar were better equipped to keep their secret and that mattered to Ariana. She hated the press presence in her life as it was and knew it would only intensify when the news of her marriage and her pregnancy broke.

“Gracias” Ariana mused as a blush spread over her cheeks.

“You have taken us by surprise” Sergio quipped as he appeared beside his girlfriend, wrapping his arm around her waist. “We weren’t expecting to be going to a wedding on a Tuesday just eight months after the pair of you met” he added with a small smile.

Iker chuckled. “Neither did we, but when you know, you know” he shrugged as he protectively wrapped his arm around Ariana’s waist. He knew that Sergio had no desire to be with her, but since the entire fiasco with Lucia and Daniel, he had found himself feeling extra protective of her. Even the idea of having another man close to his fiancée made him wrap an arm around her, wordlessly letting everyone know that she was his.

Sergio shook his head. “Iker, you’re too romantic sometimes” he muttered “You’re putting boyfriends like me to shame” he added.

Iker chuckled. “It wouldn’t kill you to make a gesture Sergio” he teased with a look towards Pilar who simply rolled her eyes.

“Senor Casillas?”

Iker looked away from his friends at the sound of the receptionist’s voice. “Yes?” he mused.

The receptionist shifted and looked down at her feet. “They are ready to get started” she muttered shyly before she skittered away.

Iker nodded his head before he turned his stare to Ariana, meeting the gaze of her blue eyes with his dark ones. “Are you certain about this Ari?” he questioned gently “Because once we go and do this, there is no taking it back. Are you sure that this is the way you want to marry me?” he prodded.

Ariana smiled and nodded her head. “I am sure Iker” she confirmed.

Iker let out a little relieved laugh before he took her hand, gently leading her towards the room that would house the happiest memory he would ever make.

~#~
“My wife” Iker grinned as he held Ariana close to him. The ceremony had gone off without a hitch and after the signing the register, Iker was thrilled to be holding his new bride close. She looked beautiful and Iker couldn’t wait to get her alone once more. Pregnant or not, he intended to enjoy their wedding night. Ariana giggled softly and hugged him tightly before Sergio appeared beside them, a wide smile perched on his face.

“You two look so happy” he quipped as he shook Iker’s hand.

Iker beamed. “We are happy. She’s just made me the happiest man in the world” he announced enthusiastically. He was excited, more so than he had ever been before, and he doubted the feeling would wear off quickly. Ariana was his wife and it was going to take something sizeable to dampen his mood after that.

Ariana blushed softly and hide her face in his shoulder, something which made Pilar giggle. “You are so cute” she gushed as she watched the other woman. She had always thought that Ariana was sweet, she had certainly bought the best out of her new husband, and Pilar doubted that Iker could have picked a sweeter girl to fall for. Ariana didn’t have a malicious bone in her body and blushed at the slightest of things.

Iker smiled softly and lowered his head, kissing her cheek softly. “Shall we go home amor?” he whispered as he held her close.

Ariana nodded softly before she peeked up at him. “Can you do me just one more thing before we do?” she poked.

Iker nodded. “Sure, whatever you want” he smiled.

“Call me your wife again” she whispered softly.

Iker chuckled. “Ariana Casillas” he whispered gently “My wife” he added as he kissed both of her cheeks.

Ariana smiled gently and blushed once more.

She doubted she could ever get used to him saying that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)