Somewhere Only We Know

55: You’d Best Start Planning For That

“Have I ever told you that I hate hospitals?” Iker mumbled as he sat beside Ariana, his hand clasped around hers as his dark eyes scanned the room around them. He knew that it was necessary, they needed to check up on the progress of Ariana’s bump, but since all that had happened with Daniel and Lucia, Iker had started to hate hospitals, especially the one where his wife worked. He couldn’t help but look at everyone as though they were plotting against them and he wanted to be out of there as soon as he could. He was sick of people trying to pull him and Ariana apart.

Ariana giggled. “You said it three times in the car and four times before we left the house. I think I am starting to get the idea” she quipped as she gently rubbed her bump. The baby had started to move a few days previous and it was a little strange still. Iker noted the little look on her face and smiled, his palm coming to rest over her bump. “He’s an active little thing” he muttered as the baby kicked. Iker loved it, the first movements of his son or daughter fascinated him, and he hoped the next four months passed quickly. He was anxious to meet the baby and didn’t want the time to drag, nine months was an awfully long time to be in anticipation of something.

“She” Ariana corrected with a little smile “She’s an active little thing” she added.

Iker shook his head. “Why don’t we just find out? We’re about to do an ultrasound, why don’t we ask Penny to tell us?” he smiled softly. It was common, he and Ariana had spent weeks debating whether their baby would be a boy or a girl, and Iker for one was sick of waiting to find out. He still had to start work on a nursery and would have loved to know whether it was a boy or a girl he was decorating for.

“You really want to know now?” Ariana poked.

“More than anything right now. I don’t think I have four more months of debating left in me” he teased with a little smile.

Ariana returned it for a second before she turned her eyes down to her bump. “We will find out” she breathed as she brushed a hand over the front of her shirt. Iker smiled at her response and lowered his head, kissing the bump just as Penelope appeared ahead of them.

“Am I interrupting something?” she teased as she watched Iker pull away from his wife. She was thrilled for Ariana, even since she had married Iker, she had been happier than ever before, and Penelope was pleased. Iker was the best thing that had ever happened to Ariana and she was thrilled that she was keeping him around, part of many people had worried that Ariana would end up getting scared when Iker wanted to get serious and end leaving him.

Iker blushed and shook his head. “Not at all. We were just enjoying the movements of bump” he replied.

Penelope offered him a little smile before she jutted a thumb over her shoulder. “We should get the scan done, then the pair of you can go back to whatever it is that you do” she teased. Iker’s blush darkened a little whilst Ariana laughed to herself. It was a rare turn of events for her to see her husband blush, it was usually him making her blush, but she had to admit she liked it on him. He looked remarkably cute.

“Are we going to be finding out the gender this morning?” Penelope asked as she watched Iker help Ariana onto the bed.

Iker smiled. “Yes, we are” he grinned.

Penelope nodded her head and turned to the scanner, collecting a bottle of gel from the side. “What are you hoping for?” she posed as she moved to scoot the front of Ariana’s shirt up, gently squeezing the cool liquid onto her bump. Ariana flinched a little before Iker squeezed her hand, offering her a small reassuring smile. “I would like a boy” Iker admitted as he watched Penelope gather the wand from the side of the scanner “But I am sure that Ari would like a girl” he added with a little look towards his wife.

Penelope smiled. “I think you would make a good father to a little girl Iker” she quipped as she moved to find the baby’s heartbeat.

Iker chuckled. “If we have a girl, then she is never ever dating. I am not having my little girl end up with some moron” he muttered.

“Well you’d best start planning for that” Penelope quipped as she looked over at the screen.

“Why?” the keeper posed.

Penelope smiled. “Because your lovely wife is carrying a little girl” she quipped.

~#~
“A girl?” Pilar breathed as she took the scan photo out of Ariana’s hand, showing it to Sergio who stood behind her.

Ariana nodded shyly. It had been a bit of a surprise, Ariana had been sure that she was carrying a little boy, but she was thrilled. She had wanted a little girl from the outset and was pleased that that was what she and Iker was expecting. “Iker hasn’t stopped pouting yet” she quipped with a little look back towards her husband. She could tell he was slightly disappointed, most men wanted their first born to be a boy, but she could also tell he was pleased. He would be a wonderful father to a girl and Ariana was sure of it.

Sergio chuckled. “Someone wanted a boy” he grinned.

Iker shrugged. “It would have been nice to have a boy, but I guess we will just have to try again” he teased as he wrapped his arms around Ariana, pressing his palms against her bump.

“She’s got to have that one yet” Pilar squeaked as she watched the other couple. She was thrilled for them, they looked more than happy, and Pilar hoped that they would stay that way. She didn’t think she had the heart to watch them fall apart again, especially now that there was a baby involved.

Iker smiled. “I know, but that doesn’t stop me planning ahead. We’re going to keep trying til we get a boy” he teased.

Ariana rolled her eyes slightly.

“Well for now, you and I will have to reach an agreement” Sergio grinned as he padded towards his friend.

Iker lifted his eyebrow. “What sort of agreement?” he posed.

“Well we are obviously going to have to set Junior up with your daughter so that we could be family Iker” the defender grinned.

Iker narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

“My little girl is never dating” he muttered.

Ariana giggled and shook her head. “You’re going to be a nightmare when she grows up aren’t you?” she teased as she turned to look at him, a smile playing on her lips. Iker’s face remained stoic. He wasn’t about to let his little girl date any idiot, he was going to make sure that he was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, FootieJo and Ladyfiaran for the comments :)