Somewhere Only We Know

57: All That I Will Ever Want

“Are you ok?” Ariana murmured as she set a plate of food on the end table. Iker had been quiet, ever since they had gotten back from the store, he had been almost mute, and it concerned Ariana a little. The meeting had been innocuous, Sara hadn’t said or done anything, but still Iker was upset by it, something which concerned his wife. She could only come up with one reason as to why her husband had become so moody and she didn’t want to entertain it for a second.

Iker flinched slightly at the sound of her voice and turned over, his head nodding lazily. “I am fine. I just wanted to be alone for a little while, are you ok?” he pressed, his eyes flicking down to her bump which she held in her hand.

Ariana nodded. “She’s not coming now Iker” she assured him “But I am a little worried about you. You’ve been awfully quiet since we ran into Sara” she commented.

Iker nodded. “It caught me a little off guard” he admitted as he sat up slightly, taking the food from the end table and setting it in his lap.

Ariana sighed. “Iker, I am going to ask you a question and I just want you to be honest with me OK? I don’t want you to lie” she breathed gently.

Iker frowned. There was a strange tone in her voice and Iker didn’t like it for a second. He had a feeling he knew the question she was going to ask and didn’t quite know how to respond. His feelings for Sara were complicated and he knew that Ariana would be able to tell if he lied to her. He was a useless liar and Ariana who knew him better than almost anyone would be able spot it miles off.

“Iker, amor, do you still have feelings for your ex-girlfriend?” she murmured, her blue eyes staring down at her feet. She didn’t want to ask, she already worried enough about her relationship with Iker, but she doubted she could just ignore it. Iker’s severe reaction to seeing his ex-girlfriend worried her a lot.

Iker sighed. “Ari, that isn’t important, I love you” he murmured.

“I know that Iker, I do, but it scares me. You’ve see her three times since we got together and each time, she has left you like this. I know that you love me, but is the reason you get so worked up because you still have feelings for her?” she whispered, her eyes still watching her feet which hung off the bed. She knew that it was silly, Iker had been more than wonderful to her in the almost year that they had been together, but it concerned her. Now that Sara was single, Iker could have her back and Ariana was worried, even if it was on the pregnancy hormones talking, she wanted Iker’s word that there was nothing between them anymore.

Iker sighed. “Ariana, it doesn’t matter” he returned, his hand reaching out to her “I love you and that is the important thing” he added.

“Just answer the question Iker” Ariana returned, her hand moving away from his.

“Ariana” Iker repeated.

“Iker” Ariana snapped “Just answer the bloody question” she added, her voice wavering slightly.

“Ari” he whimpered “What does it matter?”

Ariana stretched her neck a little before she sighed. “Because she’s single now” she admitted gently “Because she’s pretty and famous and perfect for you and I am a bloated whale of a woman you got stuck with because she turned out to be a cheat” she spluttered, traitorous tears slipping down her cheeks.

Iker sighed gently and moved towards her, his hand gently cupping her warm cheek. “It doesn’t matter Ari” he whispered gently, his thumb softly brushing the tears away from her eyes “I don’t care that she is single, I don’t care about any of the things you said, I love you, my wife” he whispered.

“But you still feel for her” Ariana protested “If you didn’t, you wouldn’t get so messed up over her” she added.

Iker sighed gently. “It’s…it is complicated. She hurt me Ari and that leaves me a little confused, but I swear, nothing will ever happen between me and Sara again. I am with the only girl I want now and I am not going to risk that for a girl that has form for hurting me” he whispered, his hands gently holding her face as tears gathered in his dark eyes. He hated that she was so worked up, he hated it even more knowing that it was him that caused it, and he just wanted to make her stop crying. His feelings for Sara were distant, faded, whilst his feelings for Ariana were obvious. She was the one he wanted and no amount of attention from his ex was going to change it. Ariana was the girl for him.

Ariana’s breathing raced for a few moments before she shook her head. “Are you over her?” she whispered.

“Yes” Iker returned without hesitance “I am over her, I am over everyone that isn’t you. Ari, I just want to be with and Violeta when she is born. Please” he whispered “Just let us be” he added, his nose gently nudging against hers.

“Can you promise me that you won’t let me get hurt?” she whispered.

Iker nodded. “Of course. You and Violeta are all that I have ever wanted Ari and I am not going to toss that away for her, for anyone” he insisted, his fingers weaving into her dark hair as he attempted to keep her close.

Ariana whimpered slightly before she lowered her lips to his, kissing him gently. “I am so sorry for being such a mess” she whispered as she lifted her hand, gently wiping her eyes. Iker shook his head. “You’re not a mess Ari, you had every right to ask about it, but rest assured, I am not going to let either of my girls go. Te quiero mucho” he whispered as he held her close to him.

Ariana sniffled softly and cuddled him closer. “Te amo Iker” she whispered gently.

Iker smiled at her gently and rested his head against hers, kissing her lips softly.

Ariana kissed him back gently before something twitched inside of her, causing her to let out a little groan.

Iker noted the sound and pulled back a little, a furrow in his forehead. “Ari?” he whispered.

“My tummy feels funny” she whispered gently.

Iker’s dark eyes widened a little before he took her hand. “It will be ok” he whispered as he helped her to her feet “I will make it ok” he added.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)