Somewhere Only We Know

61: Make It Right

“Talk?” Ariana breathed as she looked up at her sister. She was surprised, she had been expecting that Lucia would start mouthing off as she had done so many times before, but it was a pleasant surprise. Ariana did miss the blonde, even if she was nothing but a bitch as Iker had put it, and she wanted to make things right. Lucia was Ariana’s sister, but she was also Violeta’s auntie and Ariana wanted them to bond. She wanted Violeta to know everyone in her family.

Lucia nodded. “Just talk. Do you think we can do that?” she posed.

Ariana smiled. “I think we can” she mused.

Lucia nodded her head and moved to lead her sister out of the room. Ariana followed, but Iker took a hold of her arm, his dark eyes looking at his wife a little curiously. “Are you sure about this Ari?” he noted as he shifted Violeta in his arms slightly. He was wary, he had every right to be after all the tricks that Lucia had pulled on them, but Ariana wasn’t going to change her mind. She was as stubborn and she was trusting and Iker wasn’t about to change her mind for her.

“She’s my sister Iker, Lettie’s aunt” Ariana mused.

“She’s also the woman who was tried to break us up twice, succeeding on both counts” Iker replied bitterly “Do you honestly think she had changed?” he added.

Ariana sighed. “I am not going to let her stay Iker. She will go back to South Africa with my parents and Aaron, but I want to clear the air if that is what she wants. I am not the type to hold a grudge” she murmured.

“I have noticed” Iker commented softly “I just don’t want you getting hurt by her again Ari. Lucia’s made enough mess” he mused.

Ariana smiled at her husband softly. “You’re cute for worrying, but we are only going to talk Iker and if it goes beyond that, you have my full permission to toss her out ok?” she explained.

Iker nodded. “Alright” he mused.

Ariana flashed him another little smile before she leant down, kissing his lips softly. She liked that he worried about her, it never failed to make her smile, but she wasn’t just going to reject Lucia’s offer to talk. As silly as it seemed, Ariana missed her big sister and did want her, to some extent back in her life. Pulling away from Iker, she flashed a little smile to Violeta before she padded out of the room, finding Lucia is her study. “Sorry” the brunette apologized softly.

Lucia, who had been browsing over some of her sister’s photographs, shook her head. “I understand his hesitation, I wouldn’t want me in this house if I were him” she mused as she turned to face Ariana. She couldn’t believe how grown up the brunette looked, just a year ago she had been so naïve and so shy, yet there she stood, a mother and a wife, and Lucia was a little proud of her. Ariana had grown up a lot.

Ariana sighed. “I just want to know what made you do it Luci. I thought I did a good job as your sister and I thought you would be happy for me when I met Iker, I just want to know what it was that made you hate it so much” she murmured, her arms gently folding across her chest.

“I was jealous” Lucia admitted “You didn’t even want a boyfriend and all of a sudden, Iker was there, it upset me” she admitted.

“Why?” Ariana muttered “Didn’t you want me to happy?” she added.

“Of course I did, but I never thought you would get what I wanted without even trying for it. I had wanted a boyfriend like Iker for years and you got him without doing anything. I thought he was going out with you on a dare or something and that is why I kissed him. I was an angry and petty little girl and I hate that I caused you so much pain Ari. You’re my baby sister and I failed you. I can only apologize for that” Lucia whispered.

Ariana shifted. “Why did you make Daniel do what he did?” she questioned gently.

“I found out about what Sara did to Iker, I knew how insecure that made him and I knew that Daniel had a crush on you. I used him to get in between you and Iker” she explained “I was still so angry that he would want you over me and so I tried my hardest to push the pair of you apart, something that I have realized that I was wrong to do Ari. These last few months in Durban have done me the world of good and I can see that what I did to you and Iker was cruel. He loves you and I was wrong to try and ever make him feel otherwise” she murmured.

Ariana nodded. “You were wrong, you hurt us a lot Luci, and I don’t know if I can just ignore what you did. I thought we were close, that we would always be, and that just made me doubt myself. You’re my sister Luci and it hurt me more than I can explain to know that you were so jealous that you were prepared to hurt me for your own gain” she whispered.

Lucia nodded. “I was terrible Ari, and for that I am so sorry” she whispered as she padded towards her sister slightly, her hands settling on her shoulders. “I was a petty and stupid bitch Ari, but I am not the same girl that you sent away. Just give me a chance and I will show you” she explained softly.

“It isn’t me you need to apologize to Luci” Ariana murmured as she lifted her stare, mirroring her sister’s.

“Who is it then?” Lucia squeaked.

“Iker” Ariana replied “You’re my sister Lucia, you always will be, but you hurt Iker too and it is him you need to convince, not me” she murmured.

Lucia sighed. “He hates me” she muttered.

“Do you blame him? All he knows about you is that you’re the woman who tried to break us up” Ariana retorted.

Lucia closed her eyes. She knew there was no refuting it, it was the only thing that Iker knew about her.

“If you are really serious about this apology Luci, then you need to make it right with Iker. If not, then you can get on the next plane back to South Africa and never see me, Iker or Violeta again” Ariana mused before she stepped out of the room.

Lucia sighed and watched after her.

Making it right with Iker was going to be easier said than done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Ladyfiaran and Jayme112234 for the comments :)