Somewhere Only We Know

62: Not For A Second

Watching her sister with Iker, Lucia sighed a little, her brown eyes watching the way that the keeper smiled at Ariana. It was clear, Iker adored the mere ground that his wife walked upon, and Lucia felt bad about attempting to take that away from him. Iker was clearly very happy and Lucia hated that she had tried to ruin it for him, especially when it had been for her own selfish reasons. Iker wouldn’t have wanted her, even if he and Ariana had split up for good, and Lucia knew it now. Iker only had eyes for one Costa sister and it was certainly not the blonde one.

“I think I am going to go and check on Lettie” Ariana mused as she moved to her feet “Will you two be ok down here?” she quipped with a look between her husband and sister. It was still awkward, it had been since Iker’s eyes had landed upon Lucia, but Ariana hoped that they could figure it out. She loved her sister and didn’t want to throw her away simply because she and Iker couldn’t get along. She wanted Violeta to have all over her family around her as she grew up and that included Lucia, no matter how much Iker hated it, the blonde was Violeta’s only aunt.

Iker spared his sister-in-law a little look before he smiled up at his wife. “We will be perfectly fine on our own Ari, just make sure that our little girl is safe” he muttered. He didn’t like it for a second, the idea of being alone with Lucia made him largely uncomfortable, but he knew better than to complain. Ariana wanted to make things ok and Iker knew he had to try for her, even if he couldn’t stand the sight of his wife’s sister, he wanted to make it work for her. Ariana smiled at him gently before she pecked his lips, stepping out of the room.

Lucia watched her go before she turned her stare to Iker. “Can I talk to you?” she posed softly.

Iker sighed. “Look, Lucia, I am not interested in what you have to say” he admitted gently “As far as I am concerned, you’re nothing more than the girl that tried her hardest to pull me away from the girl I love more than anything, but Ari seems intent on piecing things together and I am not about to be the reason that that doesn’t happen. I want her to be happy Lucia and if being civil with you is what it takes, then so be it” he mumbled.

Lucia sighed. “I am sorry Iker” she mused.

“I don’t buy that for a second” he returned almost angrily “I think everything that you do is part of a scheme to get me away from Ariana” he added.

Lucia peeked down at her hands. She knew that she had hurt Iker, what she had done to him and Ariana had been nothing short of despicable, but she really did want to make amends. She missed Ariana and knew that the brunette was the only one that could talk Harry and Isabella into letting her return to Madrid. “Iker, I know what I did to you was wrong…”

“Wrong? You tried to paint me up as a lying cheat and then did the same to Ariana, both in an attempt to force a break up so bad that we wouldn’t ever speak” Iker spluttered.

Lucia nodded. “I know, it was despicable of me, but I really do want to make things better with you and Ari. You’re family Iker and I would love the chance to get to know you better” she mused with a hopeful smile.

Iker sighed. “I don’t trust you for a second Lucia, you’ve played the doting sister part before and I fell for it then. I don’t care if you are reborn or whatever, I don’t like you, but I am not going to let Ariana down. You can spend as much time as you want with her, but if I catch wind of anything, and I mean anything, untoward, I will intervene and ensure that you and her never speak again ok?” he muttered.

Lucia blinked at the intensity of his voice. It was clear that she wasn’t going to change his mind easily.

Iker offered her a little look before he moved to his feet, stepping out of the room.

~#~
“How did it go with you and Luci? Did you talk?” Ariana pressed as she watched her husband step into the nursery that he had put together for Violeta. She was getting ahead of herself, she knew it was going to take a lot of work for Lucia to make things right with her husband, but she hoped that they had at least started. She wanted everyone to be around to see Violeta grow up and that included Lucia.

Iker sighed. “It was ok, I guess” he shrugged.

Ariana shook her head. “I just asked you to try Iker” she murmured.

“I know you did, but it is going to be hard for me Ari. She’s the girl that tried to take you away from me, I am not exactly going to want to be her best friend just because you ask me to be” he muttered. He wanted to make Ariana happy, he wanted it more than anything, but being around Lucia was going to be hard for him. He was going to hold a grudge and there was very little that Ariana could do to change it.

Ariana nodded. “I know” she mused “I just want things to be ok though. I am sick of fighting, I just want things to be good now that she is here” she muttered with a little look towards Violeta who was cooing softly in her crib.

Iker followed her stare and smiled, his arms softly wrapping around his wife’s waist. “Ari, things are just fine” he murmured as he brushed some of her hair away from her neck, allowing him to press a little kiss to the back of it. “We are ok and whether or not I love your sister isn’t going to change that. You, me and Lettie are the only ones that matter and I am going to do my upmost to ensure that no one ever gets between us again ok?” he breathed.

Ariana smiled softly and turned his arms, her blue eyes peeking up into his. “You promise?” she teased childishly.

Iker chuckled and kissed her lips quickly. “I promise” he grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Amtul., Jayme112234, FootieJo and Ladyfiaran for the comments on the last chapter :)