Somewhere Only We Know

63: Making Plans

“So, do you have any ideas about what sort of ceremony you want?” Pilar posed as she looked at her friend. It had been a few weeks since Violeta had been born and Pilar was pleased to see things so settled. Ariana and Iker had never looked happier and Pilar hoped it stayed that way. Violeta deserved to have both of her parents around.

Ariana, who had been feeding her daughter, smiled a little. “Iker’s taken up most of the planning. He’s got a little scrapbook and everything” she enthused. It had come as a bit of a shock, Ariana had assumed that it would be her who did most of the planning ahead of the second wedding that she and Iker wanted to have, but Iker had taken the project under his wing. He was already arranging viewings for venues and tastings for cakes, and Ariana was amazed. Iker was still in the midst of the football season whilst she was on maternity leave.

“Iker?” Pilar poked “As in your husband?” she teased.

Ariana nodded. “He’s set us up on a few viewings in the next week or so, he’s taking this very seriously” she mused with a smile.

Pilar smiled. “I cannot believe that Iker is doing it. I would have thought for sure he was the stand-offish type of groom” she quipped. She was surprised, Iker had never struck her as an overly romantic type, but the idea that he was made her want to coo. The keeper was adorable when it came to his wife and their little girl.

Ariana shook her head. “He’s very keen to be involved. He’s arranging every little detail apart from my dress, which reminds me, we need to set up a date where you and I can go dress shopping” she enthused.

“Me and you?” Pilar pressed.

Ariana nodded. “Of course, it is traditional for the bride to take the maid of honor with her when she goes to pick her dress” she mused slyly.

Pilar squeaked. “Maid of honor?” she posed excitedly.

Ariana smiled. “Of course it is you Pilar. Who else would I pick to have up there with me?” she teased as she moved to settle Violeta in the Moses basket that sat beside her. Pilar grinned and stood up, wrapping her arms tightly around the brunette. Ariana giggled. “This is your way of saying yes right, because if it isn’t, I am going to have to do some serious thinking” she teased as she hugged Pilar back.

“Of course it is” Pilar giggled “I am just a little overwhelmed that you asked me. I thought you’d ask one of your doctor friends” she added.

“I don’t really have any doctor friends. A lot of the women at the hospital badger me about trying to set them up with Iker’s teammates and those that don’t shoot me death stares just because I dared to have a handsome husband. The only friends I had were Daniel, who I am never going to speak to again, Alyssa, who got out of Madrid as soon as her divorce from Daniel came through and Penelope, but we aren’t that close” she explained with a small smile. She had given it a lot of thought, who she wanted up there beside her when she renewed her vows to Iker, and she had reached the conclusion that it had to be Pilar. Sergio’s girlfriend was the only one who had remained by her side through thick and thin and therefore was the logical choice for the position of maid of honor.

Pilar smiled before she pulled Ariana into another hug, jumping up and down in excitement. “Gracias Ari, you’re not going to regret it for a second” she enthused.

Ariana smiled and hugged her back, knowing she had made the right call.

~#~
Leaning back a little onto the mattress, Iker wiped his eyes, trying to get rid of the sting that staring at his laptop screen had caused. He had been at it for hours, he was trying to find the perfect place to take Ariana for their honeymoon, but he’d had little luck. He didn’t know whether she would want to go somewhere where she could lay on the beach or somewhere where she could see the sights and it had led him to a dead end.

“You ok there amor?” Ariana teased as she stepped into the bedroom, Violeta balanced on her hip.

Iker nodded. “Fine” he replied “Better now that my two girls are here though. What brings you upstairs? I thought you and Pilar were having lunch” he mused, his dark eyes watching his two girls happily. He loved it, seeing Ariana with Violeta still stirred butterflies in his stomach, and he doubted he would ever get tired of seeing it. His girls were beautiful.

“Pilar was so excited about me asking her to be my maid of honor that she ran home to tell Sergio, so I thought me and Lettie could come and see what Daddy are up to” she mused as she offered the three week old girl out to Iker who took her happily into his arms.

“Hola bonita” he mused as he pressed a little kiss to Violeta’s cheek.

“What are you up to?” Ariana mused as she sat down beside Iker, lifting his laptop away from him.

Iker, who had started tickling Violeta, sighed. “I was trying to pick a destination for our honeymoon in the summer but I didn’t know whether you wanted beaches or sights” he mused as he settled Violeta in his lap.

Ariana smiled. “I am a sucker for romantic clichés Iker” she mused as she typed something into the search bar at the top of the screen “There is nowhere on earth I would rather go for my honeymoon that to Paris. Wine, the Eiffel tower, and a hotel bed to die for” she enthused. Iker smiled and shifted a little closer to her, his eyes glancing down at the screen. “You really want to go to Paris?” he teased as he watched her sift through hotels in the French capital.

Ariana smiled. “I have never been before and I would love to see it. Do you not want to go there?” she quipped, her big blue eyes offering her husband a look that he couldn’t ever say no to. Iker chuckled. “I will go anywhere as long as you are there and there is promise of me seeing you naked” he quipped.

Ariana blushed and gently hit his arm, causing him to laugh. “What? I like seeing you naked” he teased with a little shrug.

Ariana rolled her eyes. “You’re obsessed” she teased.

“With you being naked? Slightly” he grinned.

Ariana smiled at him widely. “I love you” she admitted gently.

“I know” Iker replied “I am immensely loveable” he quipped.

“And immensely full of yourself” Ariana nodded as Violeta started to whine a little. Reaching out, she wrapped her daughter in her arms and pulled her close, soothing her softly. Iker watched the pair and smiled, kissing Ariana on the forehead. “I love you too Ari” he murmured softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)