Somewhere Only We Know

65: Can I Have This Dance?

Straightening out her dress, Ariana grinned to herself, excited for the night ahead of her. It had been a while, since Violeta had been born, Iker and Ariana hadn’t had a night just for themselves, but Ariana couldn’t wait. It had been a while since Iker had taken her out on a date and she couldn’t wait to see what he came up with. Part of her missed the way he used to take her out all of the time. “You’re looking stunning” Pilar quipped as she stepped into the bedroom, her eyes moving approvingly over the other woman. She was pleased, Iker clearly wanted to keep working at his marriage, and Pilar hoped he kept it up. Ariana would become disillusioned if he gave in and it wouldn’t end well. Ariana was insecure, even if she had gotten better at hiding it, and would surely suspect that there was something amiss if her husband’s attitude towards her suddenly changed.

“You think?” Ariana squeaked, her blue eyes peeking back at the other woman.

Pilar smiled. “You look beautiful Ari. I am sure the handsome Mr Casillas will be suitably blown away” she teased.

“It isn’t too much?” Ariana fretted.

Pilar shook her head. “You look perfect. Iker will not be able to keep his hands off you” she smiled warmly.

Ariana nodded. “I hope not. I know the last six weeks have been hard for him even if he won’t admit it” she commented as she fluffed her hair for a final time. Pilar smirked. “Tonight is the night then” she grinned.

Ariana blushed and hid her face, nodding slightly. “Six weeks” she mused.

Pilar laughed. “No wonder he was looking so happy when I last saw him” she quipped.

Ariana’s blush darkened before the sound of Violeta’s cries emanated away from the monitor that stood on the end table, causing Pilar to put her hand up, stopping Ariana in her tracks. “You’re not going near a baby dressed like that” she mused “I have been around enough babies to know that they will spit up and that dress does not deserve it. Stay here, I will check on Lettie” she mused before she padded out of the door, leaving Ariana in her wake.

The brunette rolled her eyes a little before Iker appeared ahead of her, a smirk settled happily on his face.

“What?” Ariana squeaked as she moved to duck her head.

Iker reached out and cupped her chin, guiding her stare back to his. “I have just missed you looking like that. It’s been a long time since you got all dressed up just for me” he enthused. He had missed it, the dating phase of their relationship, but he was going to ensure that Ariana enjoyed their night. With Violeta around, it was going to be harder for them to get time alone together and he was going to ensure that they enjoyed every second of it.

“Do I look alright?” Ariana murmured shyly.

Iker smiled and leant down, pressing a little kiss to her lips. “You look beautiful, nena, I swear” he murmured, his lips softly ghosting over hers. Ariana smiled gently and leant up to kiss him, only to have Pilar clear her throat. “Save it for the date you two” she quipped.

Iker went to complain, but stopped as he noticed Violeta sat in Pilar’s arms. “She came to say goodnight to mama and papa” Pilar mused as she offered the baby out to her parents. Iker grinned and took Violeta into his arms, murmuring to her softly in Spanish.

“Are you sure that you and Sergio are ok to have her for the night?” Ariana pressed. She was nervous, it was going to be the first night that she had spent apart from Violeta, and she wanted to ensure that she wasn’t taking advantage. Pilar had offered to help her, but she didn’t want to be an inconvenience.

“We sure” Pilar smirked “Besides, you’re not going to want her about with what you have planned” she added with a wink that brought the blush back onto her cheeks. She already regretted telling Pilar.

~#~
“Will you stop looking at your phone?” Iker teased as he led Ariana around the park. They had had a wonderful dinner and Iker wanted to take a walk before they went home. He just wanted to enjoy his wife’s company a little more before they returned home.

Ariana sighed. “I am worried. What if she didn’t go down?” she murmured.

Iker smiled. “They would have called if there was a problem Ari, I am sure that Violeta is fine” he assured her as he led her towards a fountain.

“Are you sure?” Ariana pressed.

Iker nodded. “I am sure Ari, so stop worrying. She’s fine” he mused as he took her phone out of her hand, scrolling through it in search of something. Ariana watched him for a second before she got up onto her toes, looking down at the screen. “What are you doing?” she posed.

“Trying to take your mind off of our daughter for a little while” Iker replied before he pressed the screen, causing music to play. “This is your favourite song right?” he teased.

Ariana blushed and nodded, she had always loved Ed Sheeran and she was amazed that Iker remembered. She had told him that on one of their very first dates.

Iker nodded his head and set the phone on the edge of the fountain, his hand gently outstretched to his wife. “Dance with me” he smiled.

“Is that a question or an order?” Ariana joked softly.

Iker rolled his eyes. “Ariana, can I have this dance?” he replied.

Ariana giggled and nodded her head, allowing him to take her hand and pull her close. “I don’t think you and I have ever danced before” she mused as she rested her head against his shoulder.

“I wanted to the night we met, but you were wearing shoes that were too small” Iker grinned, swaying her softly.

“You remember that?” Ariana squeaked.

“I remember every detail of the night I met you Ari. You were wearing a yellow dress with black shoes. You had your hair down. I knew from the second I saw you that I had to get close and that was why I sent Sergio to the bar to flirt with your sister. I doubted you would come if I just walked over and approached you, I worried I would scare you off” he admitted gently.

“You sent Sergio to flirt with Lucia?” she squeaked.

Iker nodded. “I saw you the second you walked in. I saw that Lucia was the driving force behind you so I sent Sergio over to work his charms on her. It worked. She flirted with all my friends and I got to spend the night with you” he smiled, swaying her gently to the rhythm of the music.

Ariana shook her head. “You could have just talked to me” she murmured.

“Yeah right” Iker snorted “You couldn’t believe for the first twenty minutes that we were together that I even wanted to talk to you” he teased.

Ariana sighed. “It worked out didn’t it?” she murmured shyly.

Iker nodded. “It did. I am glad that Lucia dragged you over to where I was” he admitted.

“And I am glad that you sent Sergio to flirt with her” she added.

Iker nodded gently and brushed the hair out of her face, kissing her gently. “I love you Ari” he smiled.

Ariana smiled in return before she leant up on her toes and kissed him again, returning the sentiment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)