Somewhere Only We Know

67: This Might Be It For You

Scrunching up his nose, Iker grimaced, his head pounding as the sunlight spilled into his eyes. He didn’t remember much, the last thing he recalled was running into Lucia, but clearly someone had guided him back to his hotel room. He was settled in his bed, without his shirt and jeans on, and he was sure that Sergio must have helped him. He doubted he would have trusted anyone else with his room key or to get his jeans off. Yawning, he rubbed his eyes a little before he tentatively sat up, a feeling of nausea quickly washing over him. “What the hell did I do last night?” he grumbled as he peeked around the room. He knew it was his room, it must have been, but he still felt a little strange. It was like he was missing something but he had no idea what.

Shaking his head a little, he turned slightly and placed his feet against the floor, grimacing as a pain shot to his head. “Mierda” he cursed lowly.

“You’re up” Lucia chirped as she padded out of the bathroom.

Iker’s head shot up. “What the hell are you doing here?” he cursed, his eyes wide like a deer trapped in headlights. He remembered speaking to her, she had been insistent about sitting with him after he had walked away from Sergio and Unai, but he couldn’t imagine that he had let her back to his room. He couldn’t stand to look at her, let alone invite her back to his room.

Lucia smirked. “You don’t remember?” she teased.

Iker glowered over at her. “What the hell are you doing here Lucia?” he growled.

The blonde girl giggled. “You should check your phone Iker” she teased “It’s been buzzing all morning” she added as she moved to collect her bag from the floor.

Iker glanced at the device that sat on the dresser before he flicked his stare back to Lucia. “What the fuck did you do?” he snarled as he advanced on her, his eyes dark.

Lucia merely smirked. “I have likely ended your marriage at long last” she quipped with a grin.

Iker squeezed his eyes shut. He knew he shouldn’t have let her anywhere near him or Ariana, she was nothing but trouble and he hated that she had been allowed to get close again. If Ariana had just been less forgiving, Iker would likely never have seen Lucia’s face again and everything would be just fine, something it was probably never likely to be again. Ariana had forgiven him for a moment with Lucia once before and he doubted she would do it again. She had almost stopped talking to him the first time.

“What did you do?” he murmured gently.

Lucia merely offered him a nonchalant shrug. “Just check your phone Iker. That will clear things up for you” she mused before she stepped out of the room. Iker glared after her before he padded towards the dresser, collecting his phone that sat on top of it. Staring at it for a second, he took a deep breath before he unlocked it, his eyes widening at the sheer amounts to texts that he had received. There were dozens, perhaps hundreds, but none of them were from Ariana, something which concerned him. Sighing, he clicked on the first message from Sergio and felt his breath escape him at the sight of the image that filled the screen. It was incriminating, he was laying, shirt off, beside Lucia, and he was in no doubt that his wife had seen it. She would have been the first person that Lucia sent it to before she uploaded it.

Staring at the image, Iker closed his eyes and sighed, allowing his body to fall flat against the mattress.

He was pretty sure that Lucia was right. She had likely spelt the end of his marriage.

~#~
Staring up at his home, Iker sighed, his stomach already twisting at the thought of Ariana crying. He had promised her, sworn that he would behave himself on the boys’ night out, but now it looked like nothing more than a lie. He looked like nothing more than a good for nothing lying cheat. Sniffling a little, he padded towards the door and placed the key in the lock, pushing it open slightly. “Ari?” he squeaked.

“She’s not here Iker” Pilar returned as she stepped into the hall.

“She saw the picture then?” he murmured, his stare not daring to lift off of his feet.

“Lucia was quick to send it. Iker, what the hell were you thinking?” Pilar squeaked.

“I clearly wasn’t” he muttered.

“She’s Lucia. Surely you knew that she had something up her sleeve? Why didn’t you run away from her?” she ranted. She was annoyed with the keeper, she couldn’t believe that he had been so stupid, and she hated that he had made Ariana cry. The brunette had looked nothing short of devastated when Sergio had taken her back to their place and Pilar couldn’t help but blame Iker. The keeper should have known that Lucia wasn’t to be trusted for a second.

“Where is she Pilar?” Iker mumbled.

“Sergio took her and Lettie back to ours, but you’re best off staying away from her Iker. She was stuck somewhere between wanting to throttle you and wanted to break down in tears. You really fucked her up” Pilar replied softly. She could see that the keeper was upset, tears lingered in the corners of his eyes, but she knew that sending him to Ariana wasn’t going to help. The brunette was a mess and was likely to lash out at the keeper, something no one wanted to see.

“She took Lettie?” he squeaked.

“Of course she did. As far as she knew, you were still in a hotel somewhere with her sister. She’s furious Iker, tearful, upset…I really worry that this might be the end of you” she whispered gently in return.

Iker watched her before he ran his hand over his face, drawing the tears from his eyes. “If I could just talk to her, explain, Pilar this wasn’t what it looks like. I was out of it, I don’t remember anything, but I know I wouldn’t have done this to her. I love Ariana more than anything, just ask Sergio, I was telling him about it last night. Please Pilar, let me see her” he pleaded, his voice heavy with a sob that had been itching to escape since he had seen the image of him and Lucia.

Pilar looked at him, her heart wrenching, before she shook her head. “I am sorry Iker” she whispered “But I don’t think me taking you to her is the best thing right now. She needs to calm down and she wouldn’t do that with you around. I am sorry” she whispered before she stepped past him.

Iker went to reach for her, but his grasp fell short, allowing Pilar passed without interception. “I am sorry” he whimpered “I just want to tell her than I am sorry” he added before he stumbled into the living room, afraid that he had seen his wife for the very last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and JR10_CR7_LM10 for the comments :)