Somewhere Only We Know

71:Expect A Call From My Lawyer

“Are you sure that you are ok with this?” Iker pressed as he peeked up at Cristiano. He was grateful, what Cristiano was doing for him was wonderful, and Iker wanted him to know that it was appreciated, even if it didn’t work out like he wanted. The mere notion that Cristiano was prepared to help him out in such a way made him grateful. Cristiano smiled. “What’s the worst that can happen Iker? You and Sergio will be sat nearby so you can hear everything and if she says one thing that upsets me, I will up and leave. It’ll be fine and I am more than happy to do it. I want you and Ari to be happy” he insisted as he fixed his jacket. He knew that it wasn’t going to be straightforward, Lucia struck him as a manipulative and evil woman, but he was going to work hard to make it work. He wanted Iker to be happy and what made him happy was being with Ariana and Violeta.

Iker nodded. “I am grateful for that Cris, but if you are uncomfortable, we don’t have to do this” he sighed.

“And what do you propose we do instead?” Cristiano poked.

Iker sighed. They had been working on it for days, the plan to get Lucia to make an admission to Cristiano, and they had figured out that there was no alternative. The only one who truly knew what happened that night was Lucia and getting her to tell Ariana would be impossible. She finally had Iker and Ariana where she wanted them and that wasn’t something she was going to give up lightly. She had tried countless times to get to where she was.

Cristiano smiled and placed his hand on Iker’s shoulder. “It’s fine Iker. It is one date, one dinner, it is not like I am going to have to marry the girl” he smiled. Iker nodded his head a little and murmured a small thank you before Sergio appeared at his side, gripping his arm. “Lucia’s just arrived” the defender murmured. Iker nodded his head and offered Cristiano another thankful look before Sergio led him away, settling at a table a few away from the one that Cristiano was sat at and out of view of Lucia.

Cristiano watched the pair walk away before he flicked his attention to Lucia, forcing the biggest smile he could muster. “Lucia, you look wonderful” he mused as he allowed his dark eyes to walk over her. She didn’t look good, she was practically hanging out of the unflattering dress she wore, but Cristiano knew he had to be convincing. Lucia would smell a rat if he was anything short of his charming self.

Lucia smiled and tottered over to him, pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek. “I have to admit that I was surprised when Iker told me he set us up” she murmured as she moved to take her seat. She was amazed. She had doubted Iker would ever speak to her again, let alone set her up on a date, but she hadn’t been able to refuse. The notion of being Cristiano’s girlfriend was utterly tantalizing.

“I insisted” Cristiano mused with a flirty grin.

Lucia giggled before she waved the waiter over. She intended to enjoy her night with the Portuguese man.

~#~
“So, you can be honest with me” Cristiano slurred as he peeked at the blonde girl ahead of him. She had done a good job, she had plied him with a lot of wine during their meal, but Cristiano was still aware of the purpose of his date. He was trying to get an admission from the blonde girl with regards to what she and Iker had done and he wasn’t leaving until he got it. He didn’t have it in him to watch Iker cry again.

“Honest about what?” Lucia giggled, sipping at what was easily her eighth or ninth glass of white wine.

“Why do you hate Ariana so much?” he murmured.

Lucia quirked an eyebrow slightly, but quickly lowered it, sure that Cristiano was just curious. “She was the apple of mother and father’s eye, she always has been. She was a straight A student, she went to medical school, she was an angel and I got sick of her getting her own way. Mama and papa would do anything for their precious Ariana whilst they would do nothing for me” she explained bitterly.

“Is that why you hate her being with Iker so much?” he pressed.

Lucia nodded. “He was just another thing she got that I didn’t” she muttered.

“Is that why you slept with him?” Cristiano squeaked, his hand hitting the record setting on his phone.

Lucia smirked. “Do you want to know a secret?” she whispered lowly, her voice supposedly seductive.

Cristiano leaned in, anticipation clear on his face.

“I never slept with Iker” she giggled drunkenly.

Cristiano smirked. That was precisely what he had wanted to hear from her.

“I thought about it, of course I did, but he passed out as soon as we got back to his room, so I just took the picture instead and sent it to my bitch of a sister. From what I hear, she had served him with divorce papers. Can you believe it?” she giggled.

Cristiano smirked. “I think you should turn around Lucia” he mused, motioning over her shoulder.

Lucia offered him an odd look before she turned around, her brown eyes widening at the sight of Iker who stood behind her, his arm gripped tightly by Sergio who was clearly attempting to prevent him from lashing out at the blonde girl in such a public setting. “I…Iker” she stammered, her eyes caught on the bitter look that filled his face “What are you doing here?” she added weakly.

“You’re the worst person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting” he hissed, straining against Sergio’s grip.

“Iker, calm down” the defender whispered.

“No” Iker spat, his arm yanking out of Sergio’s grasp “I will not calm down. This puta has single handedly ruined my life and she can’t even muster a decent excuse as to why. She’s a petty and jealous bitch” he spat.

“Iker” Sergio warned.

“It is because of you that my wife won’t talk to me” Iker ranted as he glared at Lucia “It is because of you that I have not seen my daughter in nine days, and you’re not even slightly remorseful are you? Have you ever considered that your parents didn’t love you because there is nothing to love? You’re selfish, you’re rude and the only thought that ever enters your mind is about yourself. You don’t deserve people, you deserve to live your life alone and I hope that that is how you end up because no one deserves to be cursed by you anymore, least of all my wife” he snarled, his eyes glaring down at the tears that had gathered in her eyes. He didn’t care that she was crying, nor that people were staring, he just didn’t have it in him to be polite anymore. Being nice had bought him nothing but trouble and he was sick of it.

“You should be expecting a visit from my lawyer” he muttered as he turned away from her “Because there is no way in hell that I am ever letting you anywhere near my family” he added before he stormed away, leaving Lucia a crying mess in the middle of the restaurant. He had had enough, Lucia had gotten between him and Ariana one too many times, and he wasn’t about to let it happen again. He was going to make things right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Amtul., FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)