Somewhere Only We Know

74: I Want You To Be You

Resting against the door frame of the spare room, Iker smiled a little to himself, his dark eyes watching the slow and rhythmic movement of Ariana’s chest. It had been odd, having Ariana so close, yet still so far away, but Iker was sure it was what needed to happen. Ariana needed to learn to be with him again and he wasn’t about to rush her into it, that was only more likely to push her away from him again and that wasn’t something Iker wanted. He had worked hard to get her to talk to him again and he wasn’t about to ruin it all by making her uncomfortable around him.

Smiling, he watched her for a couple more moments before he stepped out of the door way, making his way into Violeta’s nursery. It was strange, having the ten week old little girl back in his life, but he couldn’t have been happier about it. He had missed seeing his little girl and was pleased to have her back. He adored spending time with her.

“Buenos Dias princesa” he mused as he padded over to her crib, his dark eyes smiling down at her. She was beautiful, she had the starts of his dark hair and big blue eyes, and Iker was sure she would grow up to look just like her mother. She had already developed Ariana’s soft dimples. “Do you want to come and have breakfast with papa?” he mused as he gently leant down, lifting her into his arms. Violeta squeaked a little at the contact before she offered her father the biggest smile, something which made Iker chuckle. “You’re going to win a lot of admirers with that smile mi princesa” he murmured as he gently wrapped a blanket around her, trying to ward off the cool morning air. “But rest assured, I am not going to let you marry some moron. He will have to be perfect” he murmured as he pressed a little kiss to her head.

~#~
Yawning a little, Ariana looked around the guest room for a moment, a strange feeling in the pit of the stomach. It had been strange, sleeping in the same house as her husband, but not the same bed, and it was safe to say that Ariana didn’t like it. She had woken up more than once in the middle of the night in hope of finding Iker sleeping soundly beside her, but each time she had been left a little disappointed. She knew why he hadn’t shown up, he was trying to go slowly and make sure that she was comfortable, but all she had wanted was a hug. Iker was the best person for warm embraces and she was disappointed that he hadn’t tried to offer her one.

Yawning again, she tossed onto her side and peeked at the clock, her blue eyes widening a little as she read the time. It was late, just past nine in the morning, and she was amazed that she had been left to sleep for so long. Violeta was likely to be awake and she felt bad for lumbering Iker with her.

Stretching slightly, she grabbed her hoodie from the side and made her way out of the room, quickly making her way into the kitchen where Iker sat, murmuring gently to Violeta. They looked adorable, Violeta was grinning up at her father like he was the best thing in the world, and Ariana couldn’t help but smile. It was clear that the little girl had missed Iker when he had been gone. “You should have woken me” she mused as she rested against the frame of the door, her blue eyes attentively trained on Iker and Violeta.

Iker jumped a little and lifted his head, offering her a small smile. “I would have done, but you looked so peaceful and happy I didn’t want to. I have the day off so it wasn’t a problem” he mused softly.

Ariana nodded. “Has she been ok?” she posed.

Iker grinned. “She’s been an angel Ari” he mused as he dropped a kiss on the infant’s forehead. It had been wonderful, the two hours he had spent with Violeta, and he wouldn’t have traded it for anything. He had loved each and every second he had spent with her.

Ariana nodded. “She’s eaten?” she pressed.

Iker chuckled. “It’s all under control amor” he mused as he pushed himself to his feet “Me and Lettie have had a wonderful morning together and you don’t have a thing to worry about. We’re ok” he noted as he stepped towards her, pressing a little kiss to her cheek. Ariana’s eyes closed a little at the contact. She had missed it, the affectionate manner of her husband, and she wanted to have it back again. The last week had been awkward enough and she wanted to make it stop.

She just wanted her Iker back.

“Ari?” Iker prodded “Are you alright?” he murmured.

Ariana sighed. “I miss you” she whispered.

“What? I am right here, how can you miss me?” he teased gently.

Ariana rolled her eyes slightly. “I miss you being yourself. You’ve been walking on eggshells since we talked last week and I am sick of it Iker, it is over, I am over it, I just want my husband back” she explained softly.

“You said that you wanted to take things slowly Ari, that is all I am doing. I know how fragile we are right now and I didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize us. I want you to be happy and I will do whatever it takes to make you so” he explained gently. He was thrilled, Ariana admitting she missed him was the greenlight he had been waiting for, but he wanted to make sure she wasn’t just saying it. She had a habit of saying things she didn’t necessarily mean at the time she said them.

Ariana smiled. “You’re very sweet, mi amor, but I am done with the awkwardness. I want you Iker, I want my husband back. I want to sleep in the same bed so that I can wake up in the night and cuddle you. I want you to kiss me just to make me smile like you always did. I want you to be you amor” she explained, a small blush playing on her cheeks.

Iker smiled softly and set Violeta down in her chair, making his way towards his wife. “You have no idea how many times I have pictured you saying that in this last week” he murmured as he reached his hand up, gently brushing her soft hair behind her ear. “I have missed you so much Ari” he admitted.

Ariana smiled and lifted her hands, gripping the front of the t-shirt he wore. “I bet I have missed you more” she whispered lowly.

Iker chuckled. “It is not a competition Ari” he teased as he cupped her cheek “Besides, you couldn’t have missed me more” he added.

“Iker, are we really going to fight about who missed who more or are you going to shut up and kiss me?” she grinned.

“Option two, definitely option two” he enthused as he leant over, pressing a warm kiss to her lips. Ariana grinned at the contact and held him close as Iker wrapped his arms around her waist. “Te amo Ari” he whispered between gentle kisses.

Ariana nodded. “I love you too” she whispered.

Iker ducked down to kiss her again, but stopped himself, his dark eyes staring over at the other couple who had padded into the kitchen. “Isabella, Harry, what are you doing here?” he murmured as Ariana turned in his arms.

“We need to talk Iker” Harry murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to MITCHEAE, babygurl94512 and Jayme112234 for the comments :)