Somewhere Only We Know

76: Make You Feel My Love

Sitting up against the headboard, Iker allowed his eyes to peek down at his wife, a small smile on his face. It had been a few weeks since they had seen her parents, but Iker was pleased with the progress they were making. Apart from a few awkward silences, they seemed largely back to normal and the keeper was thrilled about it. He may have only been apart from Ariana for 9 days, but it had been 9 days too long in his mind and he wasn’t going to let it happen again. Three times had been enough and he wasn’t going to try for a fourth, they had come too close to ending things for good the last time.

“You’re staring” Ariana mumbled as she shifted a little in her sleep.

Iker jumped at the sound of her voice, but smiled, snuggling down into the mattress beside her. “Can you blame me Ari” he murmured as he placed a scattering of light kisses on her bare shoulder and neck “You’re the prettiest girl in the world and I still can’t quite believe that you are all mine. You’re so pretty” he teased as he gently nudged his nose against her jaw, causing her to flutter her blue eyes open.

“You’re a moron” she murmured with a little yawn.

“I can’t be that much of a moron. You married me” he teased.

Ariana rolled her eyes, something which made Iker smile as he leant down, kissing her gently. “Don’t roll your eyes Ari” he teased between little nips and kisses “You did marry me” he added.

Ariana smiled and held him close. Things were still a little awkward, Ariana was pretty sure that they would be for a while, but she was pleased that they were slowly moving forwards. She was glad that she and Iker were sharing more and more moments alone together and slowly but surely becoming reacquainted with one another.

“Ari?” Iker pressed.

“Hm?” the brunette hummed.

“You drifted off. Are you ok?” he noted curiously.

Ariana smiled. “Just thinking” she mused softly.

“About?” Iker quipped, kissing the side of her neck gently.

Ariana smiled. “Just about how much I love you” she mused easily.

Iker chuckled. “You love me a lot” he noted childishly.

Ariana nodded and kissed him.

She did love him a lot.

~#~
“So, how are you and Iker doing?” Pilar pressed as she watched Ariana, a small smile on her face. She was pleased, Ariana looked back to her cheerful and loved-up self, and Pilar knew that was down to Iker. The keeper had been nothing short of wonderful with his girls since he and Ariana had agreed to give it another shot and the other woman doubted he was going to let things slip away from him again. He was being extra attentive and wasn’t going to let Lucia, or anyone else for that matter, worm their way back into his and Ariana’s life.

Ariana, who had been laying the table, smiled a little.

“That good eh?” Pilar teased.

“It’s been great” Ariana admitted, a blush prominent on her pale cheeks.

“How great?” Pilar quipped.

“It’s like it was when we started dating” Ariana admitted shyly “He’s so funny, so talkative and so adorable. I get butterflies when I look at him Pilar and that was something I missed. He makes me blush like a giddy school girl” she mused softly.

Pilar marveled at the brunette before she shook her head. “You and that husband of yours are too cute” she mused.

Ariana smiled and ducked her head, something which made Pilar shake hers. “You’re a lucky girl Ari, I hope you know that” she quipped as she moved to collect Violeta’s bag from the side. Ariana had arranged for the little girl to go with Pilar for the night so that she and Iker could have a little time for themselves, something that they hadn’t exactly had since they had gotten back together.

Ariana smiled. “I know it” she mused with a little smile.

~#~
Padding into his home, Iker set his bag down beside the door, a little annoyed that training hadn’t been as successful as it normally was. He had a looked a little off, the coaches had yelled at him more than once, and he wanted nothing more than to take his mind off it. He had bad days, even if they were few and far between, and he just wanted to forget about it. “Ariana?” he called as he hung his jacket up.

“You’re home late” Ariana murmured as she stepped into the hall, her blue eyes staring up at her husband.

Iker, who had his stare set on his feet, sighed. “I wanted to do a little gym work before I came back. I had a pretty bad training session…” his voice trailed away as he lifted his stare, focusing on his wife who stood ahead of him, nothing but a green Real Madrid shirt on. “Wow” he squeaked.

Ariana blushed. “You approve then?” she murmured, her hand gently fiddling with the hem of the shirt.

Iker took a couple of steps forwards and smiled, his hand gently tipping her head back so that she looked up at him. “Most certainly” he murmured with a smirk.

Ariana bit her lip. “Violeta is with Pilar and Sergio for the night” she mused, her fingers still toying with the green material.

“All night?” Iker pressed, a grin on his face.

Ariana nodded. “I’ve cooked dinner and everything. You should come through and eat” she mused as she took his hand, leading him through to the kitchen. Iker followed her happily. It had been a while, even before their fight, he and Ariana hadn’t had a lot of time alone, but he was pleased to be gifted the night with her. She really did look stunning.

“What have you made?” Iker posed as he allowed the scents of Ariana’s cooking to fill his nose.

“Nothing special” Ariana mused as she stirred the pot of pasta that bubbled on the stove “You nutritionist was very explicit that I wasn’t to give you anything bad” she added.

Iker stood for a moment, his dark eyes merely watching her, before he took a few paces towards her, resting his hands happily on her hips. “Ari” he murmured “You know that I love you don’t you?” he murmured, his lips gently kissing the side of her neck.

Ariana smiled. “I know that Iker. I love you too” she quipped with a slight look over her shoulder.

Iker just grinned at her, pleased that everything was safely behind them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last chapter! :)