Somewhere Only We Know

78: Four Little Weeks

“Are you sure that you don’t want to come?” Iker mused as he watched Ariana set the last of his shirts into his bag. It was odd, the notion of leaving Ariana and Violeta for what could possibly be an entire month, but he knew he couldn’t turn it down. He was starting to get on a little and he knew he didn’t have many tournaments left in him, something which made him desperate to go to the Euros. Spain had had a terrible World Cup and Iker wanted to make amends, he felt a little responsible for the way things had panned out in Brazil and wanted to work hard to fix it. Spain were a good side and he was sure that if they played well enough in each match, then they would make it to the final, perhaps even win it again.

“I can’t come Iker, not unless you make it to the final, you know that” Ariana quipped as she moved to pull the zip around on his bag.

“I know” he murmured “But perhaps I could sneak you in. I am sure there will be a spare room, plenty of space for you and Lettie” he mused with a small smile.

Ariana giggled. “You know that you can’t do that” she mused as she sat down beside him “And I don’t think I would want you to. Two weeks in France with minimal contact with you doesn’t sound like that much fun” she mused.

“I would come and see you?” Iker insisted with a smile.

“You would be busy with training and press conferences Iker, more so than when you are playing for Madrid, and I don’t imagine it would be much fun. You will be fine and, if you make it to the final, then me and Lettie will be the first ones on the plane” she smiled.

Iker sighed. “I am going to miss you” he mumbled as he rested his head against hers. He knew that it was sentimental, he wasn’t really going to be gone for that long, but he would still miss Ariana and Violeta. He had slowly grown used to having them around all of the time and was sure it would be weird whilst he was in France with national team.

Ariana smiled. “I know, but Lettie and I will call every day and it will be like you’ve never left. It’s a month at most, even less if you guys do what you did in Brazil” she joked.

Iker glared. “What happened in Brazil wasn’t funny” he grumbled

Ariana sighed. “You know what I meant Iker. If you guys haven’t improved, then I will see you in two weeks once the group stage is over, but if you have, Lettie and I will be in France for the final” she mused, her fingers gently brushing through his dark hair. Iker hummed softly and hugged her close. “I hope we make it to the final” he mumbled as he held her. It was going to be one of the last hugs they shared for a little while and he was intent on enjoying it.

“You do?” Ariana teased “Even if it means not seeing me and Lettie for a little longer?” she added

“That is a drawback, but I would love to win it again Ari. I love playing for Madrid, you know I do, but winning something with Spain is an entirely different prospect. I have never felt happier than when I got to lift the World Cup” he enthused with a little dreamy look on his face that made Ariana smile. She liked that he still felt so proud of everything that he had achieved.

“You were happier when you lifted the World Cup than when I let you hold Violeta for the first time?” she teased.

Iker rolled his eyes. “You know what I meant” he mumbled, still holding her close.

Ariana smiled and kissed his cheek. “I know” she mused softly.

~#~
Bending down slightly, Iker offered Violeta a soft smile, his dark eyes watching as she kicked gently. He was going to miss her, he had spent a lot of time with her since the season had finished, and it was going to be odd not having her, or Ariana, around. Iker had grown attached to having them with him constantly. “I am going to miss you, beautiful” he murmured as he leant down, lifting the four and a half month old into his arms. Violeta fussed slightly but settled in her father’s arms, her blue eyes blinking sleepily. “I need you to be a good girl for mama whilst I am gone Violeta” he murmured before he pressed a little kiss to her head.

Ariana smiled. “She’s always a good girl” she cooed.

“I know, but I just wanted to tell her. I don’t want you missing out on my calls just because you are sleepy” he teased with a look up at his wife.

“We’re going to talk everyday” she mused “Twice if I want to” she added.

“What about me? Don’t I get a say?” Iker joked.

Ariana rolled her eyes softly before she stepped towards him, lowering Violeta back into her pushchair. “I am going to miss you” she murmured softly as she peeked back up at him.

Iker smiled. “I know, but like you said, it is a month maximum and then you and I have a holiday to look forwards to before we both start work again. We’ll be fine, we’ll talk every day, and I will make it feel like I am still with you. It’s just four little weeks Ari” he mused as he placed his arms around her, holding her close.

Ariana nodded before she leant up, kissing him gently. “Good luck San Iker” she murmured softly.

Iker chuckled. “You don’t have to call me that” he mused.

“I know” she shrugged “But I like it. Will you win it for me?” she mused.

“I will certainly try my hardest” he replied before Sergio appeared “Adios” he whispered before he pecked her lips once more.

Ariana watched him walk away before she breathed out a little goodbye, turning to leave the airport.

“That looked hard” Sergio quipped as he led Iker towards the rest of the group.

“It was, but I know she wants me to do it so, it makes it a little easier” Iker replied as he adjusted his bag on his shoulder.

Sergio nodded his head gently before he looked at the keeper. “I need to warn you about something before we get on the plane” he murmured.

“What?” Iker pressed.

“Sara is coming to France” Sergio mumbled.

“And?” Iker muttered “Sergio, I am not about to risk my marriage again. I love Ari and have no interest in whether Sara is in the same country as me or not” he mumbled.

Sergio sighed. “Just be careful” he mused “We all love Ari and don’t want you two fighting again” he muttered.

Iker nodded.

He wasn’t about to risk it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)