Somewhere Only We Know

82: How Can You Expect Me To Be Different?

“Are you feeling ok?” Iker fussed as he gently moved to lay at his wife’s side, his arm wrapping softly around her waist. He didn’t have much time, Del Bosque was insistent that his players slept in their own rooms that night, but Iker was a little curious about his wife. She had been quiet, too quiet, and he worried that there was something wrong. She had been so talkative when she had first arrived and now she would barely utter two words to him, something which worried him.

Ariana shifted a little before she nodded, cuddling into him slightly. “I am fine” she murmured “Just a little tired. The trip took more out of me than I thought it would” she mused as she closed her blue eyes. She was a little tired, the trip had been more tiring than she had anticipated, but that wasn’t why she was being so quiet. She couldn’t shake the idea of Iker and his ex-girlfriend and doubted she could look at him without yelling about how much she hated it. She was sure that it was innocent, Iker wasn’t stupid enough to allow someone else to get between them, but that didn’t allay her fears. Sara was stunning, she was lovely and sweet, and Ariana knew that she would never be able to compete. Sara was the first girl that Iker had loved and that wasn’t something Ariana could ever be.

Iker sighed and nudged his nose against her neck, hoping to illicit some form of response. Ariana sighed at the contact and merely squeezed her eyes shut, desperately trying to keep the promise she had made to Sergio. She knew the defender was right, Iker didn’t see Sara the way she did, but that didn’t stop her fretting. Ariana was pretty, but Sara was gorgeous and clearly more suited to the man who laid at Ariana’s side, his arm holding her close. “Mi amor, please talk to me. There is something bothering you and I would like to know what” he complained softly. He was a little annoyed, Ariana was supposed to be happy to be with him again, but she had been quiet and distant and it irked the keeper. Having Ariana with him was supposed to relax him ahead of the final, not frustrate and upset him.

Ariana pondered his request for a moment before she turned over, her blue eyes looking into his dark ones. “Iker, why didn’t you tell me that you and Sara are talking?” she posed tentatively. She didn’t want to upset him, not so close to a major final, but she couldn’t not ask. She had to know why he was talking to her and why he had opted not to tell his wife about it.

Iker stiffened. “You know?” he breathed out.

“Sergio spilled the beans earlier. He assumed that you had already told me” she replied gently.

Iker blinked and guided his hand back through his hair, causing Ariana to sigh gently. “Why didn’t you just tell me Iker?” she asked.

“Because I knew that you would freak out on me again. It is innocent Ari, Sara and I are just talking, but I know you. You’d have assumed the worst and I didn’t want that, not again. She’s a friend, nothing more, I swear” he insisted gently.

Ariana nodded. “I trust you” she murmured gently “And I am not that hurt by the idea of you talking with her, I am, however, hurt that you didn’t tell me and that I had to find out from Sergio. How would you like it if I started talking to Daniel and didn’t tell you about it?” she murmured.

“I’d hate it” Iker responded bitingly.

“Then how can you expect me to be different about you and Sara talking?” Ariana replied.

Iker sighed. “I can’t expect that from you” he admitted gently.

Ariana sighed and nodded her head, cuddling into him once more. “I am not going to ask you to stop talking to her Iker” she murmured as she held him close “But I am going to say that we are one thing away from being finished here. Be careful, mi amor” she added.

Iker nodded his head and wrapped his arm around her tightly. “I will be Ari” he assured her softly “I am not letting you, Lettie or the new baby go again” he mused with a small smile.

Ariana pulled out of his arms slightly. “You promised bump a kiss” she mused with a little laugh that melted Iker’s heart.

“I did” he mused softly before he leant down, scooting the material of her shirt up a little so that he could see her stomach. There was barely a bump, it was only noticeable when you were looking for it, but still it made Iker grin. Ariana was stunning anyways, but with a bump she was even more beautiful.

“What are you thinking?” Ariana mused as she watched him, her hand gently brushing through his dark hair.

“Just about how beautiful you look to me right now” he returned gently, his dark eyes peeking up at her shyly.

Ariana smiled gently and leant towards him, trapping him in a steady kiss. Iker grinned at the feel of it and made his way slowly back towards her, his hand gently pulling at her shirt. “Eager” Ariana quipped as she pulled away slightly, allowing him to quickly discard both her and his shirts.

“Four weeks” Iker replied with a stern expression, earning a little laugh from his wife. Leaning forwards, he kissed her softly once more before he gently worked down her neck and chest, earning a series of little whimpers from his wife, sounds that were like music to him. Ariana tried to stifle the noise, fully aware that the walls of the hotel room weren’t all that thick, but Iker made it hard, something she was pretty sure he was doing on purpose.

“People aren’t listening Ari” he mused as he kissed his way from her chest to the top of the shorts she had been wearing.

“You don’t know that” Ariana replied, her voice quivering slightly as he moved to pull the shorts from her legs.

Iker offered her a wicked smirk. “Who cares if they are?” he mused, earning a dark blush on his wife’s cheeks.

Ariana shook her head gently and let out a little moan, Iker’s hands gently running up and down the exposed skin of her thighs. “Te ves hermosa en este momento” he murmured as he pressed a kiss to her stomach. Ariana blinked softly and leant down to kiss him, only to pause as a knock on the door echoed around them.

Iker’s face fell. He knew what the knocking meant.

“Casillas” One of the national team’s coaches called “Curfew” he added.

Iker tossed his head back and let out a muted groan, something which made Ariana giggle. “So close Iker” she teased.

The keeper offered her a glare. “Esto no ha terminado” he grumbled as he moved to find his shirt on the floor.

Ariana giggled. “I will see you tomorrow, mi amor, sleep well” she mused with a somewhat teasing look towards his shorts.

Iker rolled his eyes before he stepped towards her, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. “I am going to win the Euros for you” he mused as he pulled away.

Ariana just smiled.

She had missed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, Amtul., and FootieJo for the comments :)