Somewhere Only We Know

9: The Fourth Date

“Ah, Dr Costa” John beamed as he watched the young girl move into his room in Monday morning. He had missed her, his original doctor had returned to work and it had upset John slightly. He had rather been looking forwards to hearing about how Ariana’s date with Iker went.

“When did we get so formal Mr Granger?” Ariana teased in return as she closed the door behind her. She had had worked a long shift and had only popped in to bid the older man goodbye. John was due to be leaving the hospital that morning and she was pleased for him, she was sure his wife would be more than thrilled to have her husband back.

“Sorry, Dr Travis insisted I use titles. I have never liked that boy” John chuckled.

“He’s done a good job with you though John. You look fit as a fiddle” she grinned as she watched him pack up the last of his stuff.

John nodded and zipped up his suitcase. “I feel it Ariana, and I can see you feel rather chipper this morning for a girl that has worked the graveyard shift” he quipped “Anything to do with a certain Iker?” he teased.

Ariana smiled a little. She hadn’t seen him since he had dropped her home, but they had been texting and were due to go out again that night, something which pleased her. She wanted nothing more than to hold him close and kiss him again. “We’re going out to dinner tonight. It’s our fourth date” Ariana admitted with a shy laugh.

John lifted his eyebrow suggestively. “Dr Costa, are you suggesting that you are about to have sex outside of marriage?” he joked.

Ariana flushed as soon as the ‘s’ word passed his lips. She hadn’t even contemplated that Iker would want that from her, they had barely known each other a week and she didn’t want to rush things, especially since Iker would be the first.

“I am joking Ari” John nudged, a little crinkle in his forehead.

Ariana nodded and brushed her hair away from her face. “I know John, it’s just the whole idea of…you know, it makes me rather uncomfortable. Until Iker, I hadn’t even kissed a guy, let alone done…it” she murmured timidly.

“Does Iker know that?” John prodded.

Ariana nodded. “He seemed utterly amazed that no one had wanted to do it with me before now. I don’t know whether that is a good thing or not” she admitted.

“I think it is probably a good thing. Iker was probably a little awed that no one had wanted to be with his beautiful new girlfriend” John encouraged with a smile.

Ariana returned it hesitantly. “You think he will be expecting me to put out tonight?” she poked.

John shook his head. “No way. Iker seemed like a shy type of guy, I can hardly imagine him getting desperate. Take your time Ari, be sure” he mused before his wife appeared in the doorway.

“I see you are still stealing the hearts of the doctors John” the older woman smiled softly.

Ariana smiled. “I was just saying goodbye Mrs Granger. The female doctors are devastated that he is going” she joked in return.

John chuckled gently before he leant over to press a kiss to Ariana’s cheek. “Be sure about him Ari, don’t rush. Falling in love is something beautiful and you should enjoy it. In my opinion, it only happens once” he encouraged with his pearly smile. Ariana returned it before she padded out of the room.

She just hope that John was right.

~#~
“Ari” Iker grinned as he pushed himself away from his car, his brown eyes trained attentively on her beautiful frame. She looked beautiful, the navy dress she wore made her blue eyes shine somewhat, and Iker couldn’t help but smile. He liked that Ariana went through so much effort to look nice for him, it made him feel special. “Nena, you look fantastic” he breathed as he moved to place his arms around her.

Ariana blushed and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. “Gracias” she murmured.

Iker chuckled. “Seriously Ari” he cooed as he brushed some loose hair away from her face “You get more and more beautiful each time I see you” he admitted tenderly. Ariana’s already warm cheeks warmed a little more before she pressed a kiss to his nose, causing him to chuckle, his nose scrunching up slightly. “What was that for?” he laughed.

“I just like that laugh” she admitted nonchalantly.

Iker cocked an amused eyebrow. “You like my laugh? Is that all?” he joked.

“Well, no” Ariana cooed as she fiddled with the hem of his dress shirt “I like your eyes too” she quipped, her eyes peeking up through her eyelashes at his. Iker laughed gently before he leant down, kissing her softly. Ariana happily obliged in kissing him back for a few seconds before a bright light captured her eyes.

Iker withdrew slightly and glared, noting the man standing a little way away from them, his camera phone held in his hand. “I am going to kill him” he muttered as he made a move towards the man. He knew that they were going to get caught, it was a risk of his profession, but he didn’t want it to be so soon. He was still at the point where he wanted Ariana all to himself and wasn’t quite prepared to share her with the world.

Ariana watched him for a split second before she grabbed his hand, stopping him from launching himself at the man. “Iker, it was always going to happen. Let’s not let it ruin our night eh?” she whispered as she pulled him back to her, her eyes peeking up into his. Iker grumbled a little, but conceded, knowing that Ariana was right. There was no sense in fighting the inevitable.

“So, Mr Casillas, where are you taking me for our fourth date?” she cooed as she moved to settle herself in the passenger seat of his car.

Iker smiled. “That’s a surprise Miss Costa” he teased.

Ariana pouted slightly before Iker climbed into the car beside her. “Pout all you want Ari. I want to keep it a surprise” he teased as she started the engine.

~#~
“Iker” Ariana breathed as he led her to the little picnic he had set up in a secluded part of a local park. It had taken a lot of planning, Iker had had to enlist the help of Sergio and Cristiano to help set it up, but from the look on Ariana’s face, he knew that it was worth it. She looked blown away. “You did this?” she whispered.

Iker shrugged. “Not all me. Sergio and Cristiano helped set it up, but it was definitely my idea. I wanted to do something a little more special than just sitting in my house. Do you approve?” he whispered, his lips gently nipping at the skin of her neck. Ariana blushed and turned to look at him, her big blue eyes shining. “It’s beautiful Iker” she murmured as she placed a kiss on both of his cheeks.

“Just like you are” the keeper quipped back cheekily.

Ariana rolled her eyes. “You need to work on your chat up lines. They’re weak” she mused with a coy smile.

Iker lifted his eyebrow. “Is that a challenge, hermosa?” he quipped.

Ariana shrugged. “Take it as you will Iker. I just think if you wanted to charm a girl, then the lines need to improve” she teased.

Iker let out a low laugh. “Nena, if I wanted to charm you, I would not use silly words. I would put my hands on your waist” he murmured, mimicking his words with his actions. “I would lean myself close and then I would kiss you so hard that you would be a moaning mess beneath me in moments” he growled, his lips lingering hardly millimeters away from hers.

Ariana’s breathing hitched before Iker placed a little kiss on her lips. “That is how I would do it” he breathed cheekily before he moved to start heaping food onto his plate. Ariana watched him and blinked, trying to calm her racing heart.

~#~
Peeking at his phone, Aaron Costa’s blue eyes widened, his stare caught on the image of his youngest sister kissing Iker Casillas. It had spread quickly, there were already hundreds of comments cooing about the new couple, and it made Aaron a little breathless. The last he had heard, Ariana had still been living in Lucia’s shadow, not dating one of the most famous football players in the world.

“Mum?” he called as he pushed himself up off the couch and sped into his mother’s study.

Isabella, who had been finishing the latest chapter of her book, looked up. “Yes Aaron?” she muttered.

“I will give you three guesses as to who is dating Iker Casillas” Aaron grinned.

Isabella rolled her eyes. “Aaron, I don’t have time for your games. I don’t even know who Iker Casillas is” she muttered.

Aaron smirked and quickly got up a picture of the keeper. “This is Iker. Now, who could possibly be dating him?” Aaron pressed.

Isabella turned her stare to the phone and allowed her eyes to widen. Iker was certainly a handsome man.

“Is he Lucia’s newest beau?” she prodded. She knew her older daughter and doubted the handsome man would be around for long if he had gotten himself involved with Lucia. She had a habit of flitting between men.

Aaron smirked. “No, but you were close” he teased.

“Aaron” Isabella warned.

Aaron grinned before he flicked back to the original image, handing it over to his mother. “Ma, Iker is Ari’s new boyfriend” he breathed.

Isabella’s jaw dropped slightly.

She couldn’t quite believe that her youngest daughter had landed such a good looking man, but judging from the picture, she most certainly had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, Ladyfiaran and FootieJo for the comments :)