Room 303

Text Book Page 2

The rest of my classes normally drug into one big haze. I did enough work to pass, but not enough to know every thing going on in the class.

Obviously I had missed art, which meant nothing to me. I have six periods of the day left only four of which I care about. Holocaust Literature, Creative writing, and Band or Chorus, then Orchestra or Jazz band, depending on the day of the week.

I am a musician at heart, and a writer at soul, I have even began to write my own songs, which is what I spend my other two periods doing.

In the blink of an eye,
In the turn of our lives,
You turned around,
You walked out.

In the tick of a clock,
In the breath of a life,
I fell to pieces,
I fell apart.


I don't know how I feel about these lyrics, but I throw nothing away, never know when I change my mind.

Before I know it the day is coming to an end, solo in Jazz band on my Tenor saxophone, and the day is over.

"Look who showed up for detention," I walked into room 303 once again to Mr. Andersons detention hall, "I heard you haven't shown up to one all week and I'm to give you a before school with me again tomorrow," he smirks, "Sucks huh? Guess you should show up so you don't get any more," The rest of the students are laughing at his smart ass, so in order to keep up my appearance, I have to find some sort of rebuttal.

"It's not like there's anything you can do if I don't show up Mage," first name in front of his students, and one point for me, "Going to punish me? Going to make me come?" I smile and take a seat at the back of the class room.

He has no reply just a look that only I understand. Yes there was going to be serious consequences later. The thought makes me smile.

Detention was only an hour, but that hour game me time to think about what I was going to do about these horrible lyrics. I desperately wish to have something written very soon.

Were living this lie,
words tied.
Were hiding behind closed door,
crying for more.


They're a little bit better, still not in love with them.

"Okay, every one but you," he points to me, "is free to go." The class disperses quickly leaving just he and I in the room again.

"Whatcha working on?" he closed the door as soon as the last person has left the room.

"Trying to write some lyrics, getting know where," he's sitting next to me so I slide him what I have.

"Well, try this instead," he takes the books and begins writing.

Standing in the darkness,
Hoping to stay hidden,
Hoping no one finds us,
Hoping it's all okay.

Knowing that the truth is,
nothing that we want to hear,
knowing there is nothing,
that will make this right.

And when it all goes to hell,
will you be able to tell me sorry,
with a straight face.

Yeah when it all goes to hell,
will I be able to tell you,
I'm sorry, I'm sorry.


I read the lyrics, "Are you trying to tell me something," I look at him concerned.

"I've just been thinking a lot, and if this goes wrong, what happens to you," He looks down.

"We are okay Mage, no one knows shit, no one needs to know shit, why is this coming up now," I don't understand.

"What if, and hear me out, what if someone finds out, you get labeled as the whore that slept with her teacher, and I get labeled as the man that violates his students and lose my job,"

"I can not believe this is coming up now, we are this far into it, it's not just the sexual relationship, it's emotional too, I can feel safe in the words I love you Mage,"

He looked astounded, like my words were something he would never hear, "I... Love you too," the words inched their way out of his mouth. Like he was shocked to hear him say it and believe it was true.