Status: Complete.

The Best Day of Your Life

What a dream.

Out of nowhere, I am standing in line to meet my favourite band of over five years. I have waited to meet them and see them live since the day I first heard of them, I have waited five long and painful years, and I had lost hope because I thought they would never come to my country, so I stopped checking their tour details, stopped asking them to come to Spain on Twitter, and limited myself to read incredibly well-written fan fiction that involved All time low, but yet, here I am, standing in line to finally meet them.

I am the last one in the queue, and my friend -who is also a fan of them but doesn't know the lyrics to any of their songs and just came with me to the concert because she slightly likes them- is in front of me, she is holding something on her hands but I can't really tell what it is. She doesn't know English so I wonder what she will say to them once our time to say hi arrives. At the moment, I don't really care about my friend not being able to communicate with the band, my hands are too shaky so I pretend to search for something in my pockets and keep them there.

I am not 100% sure but I think I've got all their CD's in my backpack so they can sign them, and I'm shaking like crazy because I know I will only have a few seconds to tell them how drastically they have changed my life, how they have changed me and saved me from the many times that could have taken me away earlier in the past years.

The line moves quickly, and I'm afraid there is too many of us to make it in time to meet them and I fear they will suddently decide that they don't have enough time to get wherever they have to go next, and eventually leave without me even noticing. But because I am the last one in line, I can see everybody walk out the venue without even waiting for them, or without taking pictures of them, they just leave and leave like they have never heard of these people in front of them. As if they knew that they were famous for some reason, but didn't know the reason neither who they were.

My friend is the next one, and I can see Zack smiling down at her as she approaches him and tries to talk in English but fails, so she starts speaking in Spanish, to what Zack smiles and responds in English. I wonder if Zack knows Spanish or is actually making fun of my friend for not knowing English, but either way, he politely thanks her and gives her a hug as I stand there, mentally slapping my face for not offering to translate what she was telling him.

As my friend leaves to go up to meet the other band members, I hear Zack say "Okay, we're done" as he turns away from me and walks towards Rian, Jack and Alex, who are a few steps away from him, and I freeze on the spot. I don't know how to react to being invisible to them, I don't know what to say or do because my body isn't able to express how I feel.

I want to talk but no words come out of my mouth, so I panic. I start shouting, yelling that I'm here, that I have been waiting in the queue for the whole time and that I am the last one to meet them. Surprisingly enough, taking into account how nice Zack was being to my friend just seconds ago, he frowns and says "You weren't in the line, we're done" harshly. And with that, I feel a huge pang on my chest, like someone has stabbed my chest with a knife and then stepped on it.

The only logical thing that occurs to me is to call out for my friend, tell her that they won't let me talk to them and cry until she potentially tells them that I was just behind her in the queue the whole time, but she is now long gone, and I stand there as I see my favourite people in the world, the ones who mean the most to me, pack their things and talk to each other about the gig.

"Alex! Alex!" I cry out for him, because that's the only reasonable thing that crosses my mind. He turns to face me and smiles wide. I have no idea what to do, so I take his warming smile as a welcoming gesture and I do the only thing I can do, I throw myself at him and hug him tight.

"I just wanted to tell you that you have saved my life, All time low is everything to me and I can't believe I've finally met you after waiting over five years" I babble, my voice cracking as I start crying into his shoulder. He hugs me back and chuckles.

"Hey, it's okay, don't cry" He says as he rocks us side to side like the way you do when you haven't seen your best friend in weeks and want to show affection to them and look silly in public.

"I can't believe I'm hugging you" I admit. He exhales happily, my forehead on the area between his chest and his collarbone and him leaning down, resting his head on top of mine.

I can't help but to curse all the way through the hug, because fucking hell, I'm hugging Alex fucking Gaskarth and Alex fucking Gaskarth is fucking hugging me back. And it's unbelievable.

I can only think that all of this is nothing but a dream because: A. We have stayed like this, hugging and rocking ourselves from side to side for more than five minutes. And B. All the other band members have left and we are now on the street, a very, very empty street.

I am not more special than any other person who came to meet and see them, so why would I be allowed to spend more time with them than anyone else? But for some reason, I don't care, and I keep him close to me, because I feel safe, I feel warm, and even though I know this is just a dream and not actually real life, I feel great because I have just accomplished my goal in life, which was to meet my favourite band and thank them for everything they've done for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy guacamole.

I didn't make any of this up. This is what I dreamt of last night, and I swear to God, if this happens when/if I meet All time low in June, then I'm literally going to die of happiness. I can't even believe I'm going to see them let alone have the opportunity to meet them (I wish!)

Even if Zack is an ass in this, that doesn't mean he is rude or mean in real life! I haven't met him or anything but I don't want anyone to think he's an ass. And also, it's not like I wanted to make him look like one because I think of him like that, because I don't!

Rian and Jack don't make such an appearance as Alex or Zack but I don't know man, that's just what I've dreamt.

(Alex then murdered someone and ran away, how funny!)

I hope you liked it (: