Status: Working Hard! Suggestions and Ideas are welcomed!

Everything You Want

Linger

Its been a few weeks since Beau kissed me. The feeling of him lingers on my lips. I can't help but think of him. I think about him when I'm in bed. I know I shouldn't think of him while I'm in bed because he laying right next to me and it's taking every fiber in my body not to just jump on him. I think about him when I'm alone on the ice or in class. I think about him just about every waking moment.

Besides me getting all bothered by thinking about Beau, Fire, Beau, and I moved into our new apartment. Its not to big nor to small. Its just the right size! With us moving in, that meant classes have started and my figure skating has also started. I missed the ice so much. My first practice is tomorrow after my eight o clock class.

"What are you doing later?" Fire asked me while plopping down on the couch.

"I don't know. I'll probably get my figure skating stuff together and get the rest of my homework done"

"BOOOOO that's so boring! Let's get the girls together and go out and get drunk!" Fire said smacking my arm in excitement.

"You know I got a class and practice tomorrow. Lisa would kill me if I showed up with a hangover. So maybe another time Fire"

"Shit... so what are we going to do?" Fire sighed. I went to go say something but there was a knock at the door. I got up and looked through he peep hole and see a guy standing there with roses.

"Can I help you sir?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Special delivery for Alexis Thatcher"

"That's me" I said. I was still confused. Why was this man standing here, at my front door, with roses?

"Here you go mam have a nice day!" The delivery man said.

"You to" I shut the door. I looked for the white card in the mist of the roses. I eventually find it and it said;

Date at 7 tonight! Dress Nice! I'll pick you up at 7 - Beau

"What does it say?" Fire asked from the couch.

"Apparently I have a date tonight"

"With Beau perhaps?" She wiggled her eyebrows. That earned her a nice smack to the back of the head. I looked at the clock and see that it was little past four thirty. That gave me about two and half hours to get ready for my date. I pulled out my phone and texted Vero, the apparently fashion expert. I knew she was dying for some time together since I got back to Pittsburgh.

Hey V! I got a date tonight! Mind coming over? I need the fashion expert! lol
Really?! This is so exciting! Who's the lucky guy?
Yeah, His name is Beau... you know the friend I grew up with.
Of course, i'll be right over!

I told fire that vero was coming over and I jumped into the shower. I washed up, shaved whatever that needed to be shaved, and washed my hair with my favorite shampoo, frosted vanilla and then got out. I walked into my room and see Vero already going though my closet.

"You have so many cute figure skating dresses! I wish I picked up on figure skating"

"I personally think I have to many" I said as I slipped on a pair of underwear and putting on a bra. "He said to dress nice" She began to go through my closet some more before coming across a gold glittery dress with a black bow belt. Vero tossed it to me and began to go through my shoe collection.

"With these shoes and bracelet or two, you'll have Beau's jaw on the floor."

"I'm sure he'd be happy if I was naked" I said laughing. I did my make-up and Vero did my hair. I was ready to go by 6:50.

"You look so cute!" Vero said. I smiled. I was finally going on that date with Beau. It almost felt like a dream really. Now saying that, made me nervous. I've never been on a real, proper date before. Did I look good enough? Was I good enough?

"Vero, I'm nervous"

"Why?"

"Because I've never been on a real date before! I'm 20 years old and never been on a date. how depressing is that"

"its nothing to be ashamed of."

"Well its embarrassing"

"Beau really likes you and I can see that you like him"

I nodded my head. I know I shouldn't be feelings like this, but I couldn't help it. I was as innocent as they came. It was quiet until Fire burst in the door.

"Beau is here!" Fire said "Look at you all cute! You gonna let him hit that?"

"If Beau or Vero wasn't here right now, I'd be glad to shove a foot up your ass"

"Fiesty I see!" Fire said. I only rolled my eyes and walked out my bedroom. Beau was dressed in a nice, fitted suit. It looked amazing on him.

"You look absolutely beautiful" Beau smiled. I just blushed. I wasn't use to being called beautiful.

"Thank you. You look handsome"

"Awe look at them Vero. So cute that it makes me want to puke rainbows and glitter. You better have her back before midnight mister!"

"We live together Fire!" I shouted at Fire. I looked over at vero and could tell she was amused by our actions.

"We should get going!"

Beau lead me out to his car. The car was silent.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask. I probably won't get it out of him.

"Not saying. But just now its going to be a surprise"

"Do you remember the last time you said that?" I said with a chuckle. Beau and I were 16 and he decided to take me to the rink to shoot some pucks. Apparently my hockey skills were lacking. But anyway, we get to the rink he always practiced at and shot pucks. Then he decided to take it up a notch and test who was faster on the ice. I was being stupid and I agreed to it. I went to one side and he went to the other side. As I started to gain speed, I slipped and fell around the corner of the rink. Instead of landing hard on my ass, I stuck out my left arm.

"Are you okay?" Beau asked as he skated over to me.

"No, my arm hurts... I think I broke it"

"Shit uh let's take you to the emergency room, yeah?" Beau said helping me up off the ice. Then the next day he had to come with me to practice to explain to Lisa what had happened. Needless so say, Lisa was not happy camper.

"yeah, I don't think she was to happy with me"

"Ya think? You disabled her best skater!"

"But I apologized!"

"Sometimes you gotta kiss Lisa's ass for her to forgive you because sorry isn't enough for her"

"But regardless, remind me to never piss her off again" Beau said pulling into a parking space. "We are here!" I was going for the handle to the passenger side door, when it opened.

"Why thank you" I said smiling. We walked hand in hand to the gazebo that was decked out in fairy lights and tulle. I know Beau had help, but I didn't want to ruin the moment. He looked so happy to be on a date with me. He was legitimately trying his best. I was always told its the thought that counts.

"Beau is this amazing" I said as he pulled my chair out and pushed it in.

"Your welcome. You deserve this date. After everything I put you through." Beau smiled "We need to talk about what happened"

"I thought we did 2 months ago"

"We did! But that was 2 months ago. I understand why you left, I do. But when you left, I was extremely upset. I lost my best friend over a girl I should've never dated."

"Yeah and it could've been prevented you know."

"I know and like I said before, I deeply regret it. If I knew I was going to lose my best friend, I would've never dated Katie."

"She's caused so much problems between us. I want to go back to what we had before but I'm scared to."

"Scared of what?"

"That I'm going to get hurt again. I don't want to go through the same pain. Leaving you and California hurt you know"

"I know that you probably felt pain. I feel so bad for taking through all that pain, believe me. I hate seeing you upset over something like this. Please let me make it up to you"

"How do you plan on that?"

"By letting me be being you boyfriend" He said. I smiled. I was finally getting what I always wanted. It felt great to have something Katie didn't Sure she's dated him, he's all mine now and god forbid if Katie does something to fuck that up.

"That would be perfect!"

Beau and I got up from the gazebo and embraced each other in a hug. I looked up and see that he was staring at me. Next thing I know I was kissing Beau. I know that he's the one I want. I want him to be my faithful husband and the father to my future children. I've known all this since I was 15.

"How about we get home... Girlfriend"

"Why that sounds amazing... Boyfriend"

When I got into bed that night, I had a genuine smile on my face. I can finally sleep at night knowing that what I wanted all those years ago, was finally all mine. I wasn't planning letting him go any time soon and I WILL put a fight to keep him.