Max

one

The alarm clock said 8:00 am, but I was determined to ignore responsibilities for a few more minutes. The dorm room wasn't dark anymore either, the lack of curtains let the early morning light flood the small room, and as I rolled over it was a bit too bright even with my eyes closed. I liked my room dark, with thick dark curtains that made the room as dark as midnight even during the middle of the day.

The change was frustrating, a long with a whole heck of a lot more changes I'd run into since starting at UEF. Starting with my roommate, who somehow still wasn't home. At eight in the morning.

I started getting ready, enjoying the quietness of the morning with the other girls still sleeping. She was the only one stuck with a class quite this early, though Brianna's first alarm would probably go off soon. She had at least five alarms before she finally got up, all on full volume. I wasn't sure how her roommate felt about that, but I knew it would kill me on the weekend.

I glanced at my phone to see she was running early to class, as I slid on my backpack and grabbed my keys.

'Great,' I thought as I locked the door, a large 'K' and 'S,' courtesy of me, already decorating it. 'I'll make time for breakfast!'

The rest of the dorm was silent as I headed to the dining hall.