Status: Setting up for the next act.

All out and Over

Chapter Thirteen: Tumbling into Misdirection.

The world was spinning. Vibrant colours filled her mind and she closed her eyes to just enjoy. What it was that Xavier had given her, she had no clue, all she knew was that she loved it. Her head was filled with fog; ready to float she moved her hands before her face. Her movements were so slow and hesitant; leaving her arm in one place and traveling a second arm further. She was like that Indian god, yet she could not remember the name, the one with all the arms.

She was upside down, lying down on the bed of the wagon they had stepped in. It was not his wagon, but Cara didn’t care. His ‘tea’ was doing great. She needed this fix, and she was enjoying it so severely. All her senses were heightened and dulled at the same time and all colours so splendid. Her carnal urges were never supressed and whatever substance she had gotten, it made her want it even more.

“Oh god, Dmitri,” She sighed. Why was she not at Dmitri’s? She needed him. She needed him badly.

“What is it honey, what is with Dmitri?” The magician’s voice was far off. Where was he? She could not find him, her eyes could not focus, she could not truly see. Colours melted into each other. Nothing was standing still. It seemed the wagon was moving, the cupboards were vibrating, her body was floating.

“Wish I knew,” She sighed. “Wish I knew what it was with the lion boy,” her eyes crossed; doubling everything in her restricted sight.

“I heard you’ve been frolicking around with the tamer,” Xavier put his own cup of tea on the little table in the far corner. Damn it was far. This wagon was so huge. It stretched for miles and miles. He was in a distant land. The tea didn’t seem to affect him though. Or he just didn’t show it.

“All these colours, Xavier. They are so pretty,” her tongue was slurred as the magician made the travel down to the bed she was on. He was with her quicker than she had expected. The bed moved down as he sat down on it, next to her, looking down on her writhing body. Her head boggled from side to side, trying to let her eyes catch all the pretty hues.

“Focus my darling,” He said as he grabbed her chin between his thumb and index finger. Her eyes focussed on his intriguing face. His eyes were blue. The bluest Cara had ever seen. They seemed to emit that blueness her way, as if she could grab the intensity with her hands. Her fingers shot out trying to get the blue, yet Xavier grabbed her wrist and gently pushed her down.

“Focus my darling, what have you been up to with Malory?”

Cara closed her eyes for a moment, imagining the fortune-teller. Her striped dresses, with those great hoops at the bottom. She saw the way the laced up bust would hug her friend’s body, her cleavage slightly spilling over the edge. “Malory, she’s my friend. She’s pretty,” Suddenly a boost of laughter came over her and her whole body started to shake from the giggling. What had he given her? She wanted more, she only wanted more.

“She sure is pretty,” Xavier mumbled. Cara focussed on the man again. Damn those eyelashes. Around his face hues of purple and pink were dancing, gracing his high cheekbones, caressing his blue eyes.

“Do you think I am pretty?” She had never asked Dmitri. She knew what he thought of her body. His hungry hands and his animalistic lust told her as much. She had never wondered about her audience, they drooled during her dances. Yet this man was a mystery. He was around Malory a lot, visiting her wagon on her breaks. He was always around. He was everywhere. He was a true magician.

Xavier’s eyes danced over her body in a quick glance. Suddenly her focus was back. The colours where gone and the fog had left her brain. She could feel her heart thump beneath her chest, she could feel the oxygen reaching for her lungs, she could hear her blood traveling her veins.

“I understand the allure you have on the male gender.” the magician said as he brushed a red strand from her face. “Yet it pains me to say I have eyes for another.”

“Dmitri has eyes for another,” Cara sighed as she nuzzled into the clean blankets beneath her. How had she come here, why was she even talking to this guy. Yet the bed felt so good. It didn’t reek of sex, it was clean and white and soft. She felt so good, a warm blanket surrounding her as the drug travelled her blood. She was everything and nothing at once. She was everywhere and nowhere at once. And she was telling him everything and nothing.

“For whom, Cara?” Xavier was edging closer, his fingers finding her eyelids, pushing them open. She was looking him in the face.

“I can’t tell you,” She started giggling, not truly knowing why. Yet she could not stop.

“Of course you can tell me, you can tell me everything,” He whispered in her ear. She felt drowsy again. It was almost like he triggered something in her.

“Malory will be furious if I told you,” Cara’s laughing stopped. “I don’t want her to be mad at me. She’s always kind of mad at me. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I do everything she tells me to.”

“Can you show me what you have to do for her?”

She didn’t know what it was, but every time he asked her something, she was so eager to please him. She wanted to do what he asked; she wanted to make sure he got what he needed. Slowly she nodded her head up and down, her hands reaching for the cords of her laced up bodice. Gradually she started to undo her laces, peeling them loose one by one. Before she got halfway, his hands were upon hers.

“Please stop,” he said with a bit of anxiety in his eyes. “Maybe I should phrase this differently; can you tell me what she wants you to do?”

“Keep him satisfied.” Cara didn’t know what to do with her hands anymore, her bodice was crooked to the side, halfway undone, her bra sticking out from under the bodice.

“Who?”

“The lion tamer,” Talking about that boy even made her hot and bothered. What had this man given her? What was in that tea? And why wasn’t he seemingly feeling all these marvellous feelings. They drank from the same pot. He should be floating too. She knew she was.

“Why would Malory want to keep Dmitri satisfied?”

“Because he mustn’t know of course!” Cara hollered, stretching her neck backwards as she hollowed her back, twitching under influence. Her eyes rolled back into her sockets, giving into the pleasuring feeling.

“Tell me, Doll,” Xavier pressed her down with one hand on her lower stomach, she was yet again on the bed.

“What did you give me?” Cara interrupted him. She needed to know what this was. What was it that made her feel even better than Dmitri ever had been able to? If she knew what this was, escaping that boy would be so much easier. Maybe she could give some to Malory. She had been a bit down lately, seemingly stressed. Cara wanted her friend to enjoy herself as much as she did. She wanted Malory happy.

“I gave you nothing; now back to my question, what are you keeping from the lion tamer?”

“That we know. We know he’s been fucking us both,” As the words left her mouth she found some kind of relief flooding her body. It was better than any relief she had ever felt. It was better than any ecstasy she had ever taken. She could scream but no sound left her mouth. Within her absence she heard the teacups clattering on the ground, breaking the porcelain in little pieces. She didn’t care. She was feeling way too good to care.

Xavier had stood up, leaving the bed to her alone. He had moved to a chair across the bed, next to the little table were shards of porcelain. He seemed tensed, yet his face was calm. Cara couldn’t concentrate on it long; she was still bathing in ecstasy. Yet his knuckles were white, his hands folded together. He rested his elbows on his lap and bend forward before he spoke.

“Remember what we agreed on?” Cara shook her head.

“When I snap my fingers; you wake up and forget everything. We have had some lovely camomile tea and talked about little nothings. You will think you got some great drugs from me, and you can come back for some more if you like. You will not remember telling me anything.”

Cara looked at him puzzled. Searching her mind for how they even got started. Searching her mind for a memory of getting inside. She was completely blank.

The magician snapped his fingers.

“Well thanks Xavier, that was some good stuff,” She got up and before walking out the door she turned to the magician. He was sitting still as a statue, smiling at her softly. There was tension in his shoulders, yet none on his face. Xavier’s face was a still mask. He was a magician after all. Deceive and be deceived.
Cara shrugged her shoulders. She did not know what had gotten him so tense and she really did not care either. He had given her the trip of a life time and she’d be back for more. The tea had been delicious, yet their conversation was a complete blur.

I won’t take his tension off; he’s not into me that way. In any other case, I’d done the guy a favour.

“See you next time, conjurer.” She turned on her heels and walked to the wagons outside door. Her legs were still wobbly. He surely knows how to conjure me something.

“See you next time, Firecracker.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: A Magicians' Misdirections are psychological techniques for controlling attention

Drink up, drink up, that lovely tea.
The high you get is completely free.
It will cost you just a secret, or two,
your well-built plan will never fall through.
Playing with your life at stake,
sleep with eyes open or stay awake.

Let us know if the tickets at the entrance are still being sold, or if we have to fire the Ringmaster at last!