Status: Setting up for the next act.

All out and Over

Chapter Fifteen: Traveling With Enemies.

The floor was moving beneath his feet. As the train buckled over an imperfection on the tracks, Freddy was forced to grab onto the nearest body next to him, trying not to fall over.

“Hey!” He had grabbed the upper arm of one of the acrobats that was, just like him, moving towards the entertainment wagon. She wasn’t all too happy to having his hands upon her skin; by all means he was only a lowlife knife thrower.

“Sorry, Sweetheart, you just saved me from a tumble,” he said with a sarcastic smile on his face. You have no ideas what I can do with a knife, Sweetie. Now get out of my way, I need to make this transit a bit bearable. It is going to take some, if not a lot of, booze.

As they usually traveled towards another city for a few days, the big boss had made sure he kept his entertainers happy. There was an amusement wagon or two for drinks, games and fun. All proceeds going towards the boss of course. Although the big man would never admit it, there was a fair share of molly that circulated the wagons. He did a good business keeping his entertainers drugged and happy. When the sun went down and the walls of the cabins came at you, there was only one place to escape from the riding jail called a train.

Freddy continued his way down to the rescuing wagon, when a few stumbling entertainers crossed his path. One bumped into him, and his hands caught her in the most embarrassing place.

“Freddy!” her high-pitched voice was slurred and in the corner of her nose he noticed some white powder.

“Hello there, Peggy,” He said as he quickly let go of her breasts, helping her up on her high heels again. Peggy was the girl he threw the occasional knife at; she usually had impeccable muscle restraint. Something you wouldn’t say looking at her now. Her dark blonde hair was in a tangle upon her head. She had definitely drunk her fair amount of wine, assuming from her breath. And of course the molly on her face.

“Here let me help you,” Freddy said, stepping closer. His hand gently wiped away the last traces of cocaine beneath her nostrils. “There, that is better.”

“You are always looking out for me, Freddy,” Peggy said with a whiney voice. He sighed. because you are a dimwit Peggy, and I need you on your two feet when I throw knives at your head. He had caught himself a time or two, wishing he wasn’t as accurate with his aim. Though Peggy was quite professional on stage with her pouting lips and her incredible motionless posture, when she stepped off that stage she could swear like a sailor and drink like one too. She wasn’t the brightest crayon, yet she wore the purple leotards well on her toned body and she was willing to be a human target. It was enough for him to put up with her empty head.

“Why don’t you get to your wagon, huh Peggy?” Freddy mentioned as she stumbled on, “Sleep off that amazing high of yours, I need you stable.” When she passed he slapped her on those firm butt cheeks. She won’t remember it tomorrow anyways.

“Sure, Freddy, sure” she left with her slurred voice, still stumbling in the narrow corridor that run next to the cabins.

Entering the entertainment wagon, his eyes scanned the place immediately. A few clowns in the corner, their make-up half off, patches of white still on their necks and some blackness beneath their eyes. They were tattling in amongst themselves. At the small bar stood a few of the acrobats, balancing on the barstools. Still showing off, can’t help it can you. The Siamese twins, Lisa and Linda, lay almost comatose on the cushions in the middle of the room. Their half-open eyes where bloodshot, pupils not bigger than a needle head. They sure love their molly.

Making his way through the chatting construction crew towards the bar, he scanned the room again. No Cara.

“A whiskey. Double. No rocks.”

“Something troubling you son?” Freddy hadn’t even finished his order before Rickets was there to judge. Putting his weight on the bar table with his arms, he looked down. The little comedian was standing next to him.

“God, Rickets! You know I hate that! You sneaking up on me.” He was irritated. Not by the jester, it was not the small man that had gotten him irritated. Although it was kind of unsettling how Rickets could sneak up on you without you knowing. It didn’t faze him anymore that Rickets knew everything that went on in this circus. No, it wasn’t him that had Freddy on edge. It was the absence of his little fire-eater. They were slowly approaching Chicago and Freddy was getting more jumpy every mile they neared. He wanted a taste before there was no more. He wanted to take her from Dmitri. He wanted to have the lion tamer walk in on them moaning and smile at him with the same animalistic smile he had.

“Just looking out for you kid, I know your relationship with liquor.” Rickets raspy voice snapped him out of his train of thoughts. He looked at the glass before him, the two inches of godly gold beckoned at him. Grabbing the glass he emptied it with one big sig.

“I can hold my liquor this time, Rickets.”

“Whatever you say.” The little man made an impressive climb onto the barstool next to him, finally reaching eye-height. “One for me too, Jack.” Behind the bar stood the ‘strongest man’, his mustache curled at the edges, his hair sleek and parted on the side. The man nodded. Jack wasn’t one of many words. He was all muscle, not too much brain.

“What has you drinking, my friend?” Rickets said as he raised his own glass to his lips.

“It’s almost Chicago, Rick,” Freddy said, looking deep into his empty glass, playing with it between his fingers.

“Are you truly doing this here?” Rickets hissed at him. “We can talk about this some other time, some other place!”

“Don’t worry, deal is deal. I ain't backing out.” He couldn’t. He had a debt that would be paid off and he would get the revenge he wanted so desperately. He just wanted to hurt him while he was alive too. “I just haven’t gotten the Firecracker, yet.”

Rickets snatched the empty glass from his hands with his short stubby fingers. His eyes were throwing daggers at him. I am the knife thrower little man, Freddy thought.

“You heard Malory, don’t you even think of going close to her. You will get your revenge on the Lion boy soon enough!”

“Whatever,” reclaiming his glass, he got it filled one more time. The velvet liquid soothed his throat. “Put it on my tab, Jack,” Freddy said before standing up from the bar. He needed to go somewhere else. The liquor had dulled the worst edges of this travel. Rickets was right; he needed to know when to stop.

Before he could walk away, the little clown grabbed him by the wrist, pulling him closer. The little man had more strength than you’d think.

“Remember our deal. They will both be gone soon. Don’t mess it up now.” Freddy nodded his head and Rickets let go off him. How could I forget? How could anyone forget? The last time they had traveled this train, the last time he had waddled these corridors, Malory had cornered him in his cabin. It was the night after she had paid off his debts for him. He should have known there was no good deed without strings attached with Malory.

Before he walked towards the exit of the party wagon, he heard Rickets cleaning his tab. Saying he would pay because debts had gotten his friend in trouble before.

“What are you doing here?” Freddy said, slightly hostile. He didn’t like the palmist all that much. She was too cunning and slithered around the circus like a snake. Now she had slithered towards his cabin, placing herself strategically on the foot of his sleeping bunk.

“We need to talk, Freddy,” She said, while she patted the empty space on the bed next to her, “Sit.”

“What is this about?” the alcohol had made Freddy cocky, careless. He’d never speak in such a tone to Malory if he hadn’t consumed a few drinks. He felt bigger than he was, yet it could cost him his head. No one spoke back to Malory in a way that didn’t please her. People around her suffered the most unfortunate events.

“I’m offering you an alernative way of paying your debt with me,” she said. Her lips were painted a bright red, edged with bordeaux lines, her lips were somewhat fascinating. Her next words didn’t truly registered until he had already agreed to it.

“We will get rid of that presumptuous Lion boy, isn’t that what you want?” She whispered in his ear. Somehow he had accepted the seat next to her on the bed. Somehow he was nodding. Yes, of course he wanted to rid of Dmitri. He had made such a fool out of him. He had to pay. Like Malory said. Dmitri had it coming, he asked for it, the way he carried himself.

“But what about Cara?” Freddy stuttered. He had never looked at the fire-eater more than a lustful glance or two. He had not interacted with her, yet now that he was Dmitri’s latest treat; she got more and more interesting.

“What about the little tramp?” Malory said, she evened out his collar, leveling the creaks in his fabric. “Don’t you think she isn’t asking for it too? Sleeping around, breaking people up, she walks around this carnival as if she is better than us all.” He nodded again, and again and again.


He wandered the train corridors. He knew which cot was Cara’s. He knew most of her steps before she even made them. He had gotten so close that night, fondling her drunken body. Freddy understood what it was Dmitri saw in this little heated devil; she knew how to work her body, she was a delight to touch and she knew exactly what to do and say at what moment. Too bad all those ‘talents’ will go to waste soon. Although, maybe you can still do a trick or two in prison.

He needed a taste first. He wanted nothing more than having Dmitri stumble into the cot and seeing them together. Freddy knew it was the best revenge; beside the original plan Malory cooked up, of course. Freddy walked up to her cot door, it was flung open and from the sounds coming from her room, he knew he was too late.

“Oh god!” he heard her exclaim, the other grunt belonging to Dmitri of course. His blood began to boil while her gasps for air and little cries of pleasure aroused him still. Freddy peaked through the door, seeing Dmitri’s muscular back turned to him, two slender legs folded around his waist.

Cara’s little red triangular bra hung from a reading lamp stuck on the wall of the wagon. It looked like the place had exploded, but Freddy could imagine how they had entered her wagon. Dmitri ripping of her clothes as they stumbled against every piece of furniture; knocking her suitcase from the table, which now lay open on the floor. The contents were scattered around the room. All her lace delicates just as exposed as her bare body was now.

You are the slut Malory makes you out to be. Why isn’t that me? huh? Am I not good enough for your filthy skills. I can make you scream, one way or another, I will make you scream.

Her nails scratched the Lion tamers back, leaving red trails behind. Freddy saw he body shudder from pleasure. As her body went limb under Dmitri’s touch, the same moment his body collapsed upon her, just after she’d screamed to God and all that was holy, Freddy backed out to the hallway. He stepped out of the line of sight and he remembered what Malory had said as his body filled with jealousy, flooding his veins as she panted from relief.

She is asking for it. She has it coming. Spreading her legs for anyone but me! As Malory said; it isn’t murder if they ask for it, it isn’t framing if she did it!
♠ ♠ ♠
Now that Freddy revealed his tricks, do you love him more or less for it? Its good he's not a magician, since he just showed us his hand. No wonder he got himself in some debts.

Will his lust for Cara mean her end; or will he settle for a squeeze of Peggy?

Please board the train and find out! Entrance price is a mere comment!