Status: Setting up for the next act.

All out and Over

Chapter Twenty Five: The Big Reveal.

She woke from the screams. They chilled her to the bone, their high pitch running through the marrow, making the hairs upon her ams stand up straight. It took her a few moments to adjust. It was like a haze had been pulled from her eyes. As if the mist had cleared and she just now realized what road she had walked. Her eyes shot to her hands. Blood. Dripping blood. The knife fell from her trembling fingers. Her breathing got heavy as she puzzled the moments together. The bullseye. Malory. Knife. Dmitri!

Her eyes shot up. Dmitri. Empty eyes. Gagged mouth. Blood everywhere, blood. Malory’s screams rung louder and louder, breaking through her stupor.

“Get her! Get her!” Before Cara could understand what was happening two strong arms grabbed ahold of her. The strong man arrived first to the scene; Rickets on his heels. She didn’t know what was happening. Why was Malory screaming? They should not be found like this?! The body was still there, the blood still upon her hands! She couldn’t react. Not yet. Her muscles didn’t work as she felt how the strong man got help from Freddy. That whiskey scent surrounding him. It didn’t take much for Cara to turn her head to know which hands were pulling her arms back, slightly brushing against her breast. They pulled her back. Violently.

“Malory,..” she stammered. Dmitri kept looking at her. His dead eyes judging her. The grimace on his face almost turned to a smile. You foolish girl. I might be dead, but hell awaits you, he seemed to say. She couldn’t look away, Malory’s screams filling the tent still. Rickets on her side probably. But Cara couldn’t look away from the cooling body. His eyes glued to hers, his bared torso painted with blood. A few drops fell to the hay littered ground, making a deafening sound as they collided with the floor. Her knees buckled as she understood.

I have killed him

Moments of pleasure, that animalistic grin, his ungodly hands upon her skin; they flashed before her eyes, before she saw him again. Hanging on that Bullseye, all strength left, but he was laughing still.

Now it was her time to scream.

“Malory!” She started thrashing in the hands of Freddy and Jack. Her skin slippery from her oil.

“She made me do it!” Her screaming turned into shrieking. Insensible words left her lips. She was screaming as if she were a madman, trying to drown Malory’s screams with hers.

“You,” her voice started to get hoarse already. “you were my family! Aren’t we family?!”

“Come on Cara,” Freddy whispered in her ear, pulling her back as they struggled to restrain her. “Did you really believe that?” His breath made her feel queezy.

“Tell them Malory! Tell them! You were family!” Again she buckled and let herself drop to the floor, being held up by the two men. “Family…” She muttered, tears streaming from her face.

“You devil’s child! You whore! You murderer!” Malory bellowed at her, “you were never family!”

She could hear lulling words coming from Rickets, as sobbing filled the room. He was trying to calm her down. Malory’s perfect black make-up ran down her face in big black stripes. Malory had never looked like this. She would never ruin good make up and she would certainly not show herself in this way. It could not be. This was not Malory. Although her memories a haze, she was convinced her madame was fine just moments ago.

Even after I plunged that knife through his heart.

She could remember now how his skin had felt against the blade, how the resistance changed as she boared it through different types of tissue. She could remember Malory’s laugh, her quickening of breath, the ecstasy she eminated. Shock had turned to grief and fear, but it all turned into rage now. Anger was taking control and her flames were lit. Malory was family! I did it all for HER!

Cara felt how Jack and Freddy dragged her towards the exit of the tent, from outside blue and red lights flickered. The cops were already there, susipiciously quick.

“You were family! I did it all for you!” Cara spat towards Malory who was being comforted by Rickets.

“FAMILY!” She screamed before the tent’s canvas shut before her and she looked upon her beloved mother one last time. For a second Malory’s expression changed. There was no more grief, no more disbelief, no more horror in those eyes. They were stone cold.

There was only disgust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well Ladies and Gentleman, the show has come to an end. At the exit you can buy an epilogue as a last chapter, but after that; you will need to go home to your boring lives. Men, go home to your dull wives who will never fulfiill your fantasies quite as Cara can. Women, go back to your all day chores, to your tedious mustasched husbands. They will never tame you the way Dmitri could. And especially all of you; stay away from our Queen of hearts. You never know what she has up her sleeve.

Dear readers, stay tuned for the epilogue, but after that we must part ways. I hope you have enjoyed our show, and if not, you bought the tickets, you are to blame.