Status: Setting up for the next act.

All out and Over

Chapter Eight: Excuses! Excuses!

She was floating higher than her clouds of smoke could reach, and Malory felt sick to her stomach at the sight. It’s not enough to be a harlot, now she has to be an addict too! A lot of the other carnies did drugs; Malory never liked the thought. She’d tried different things. Molly, Mary-Jane. The ladies were nice, but definitely not her thing. If I’m going to poison my body I’d rather do it slowly with something that burns, like bourbon. Something was wrong; frustration dripped from Cara’s body like the sweat her fire cause to rise on the men’s foreheads. “I’m telling you, Mal, you’re wrong about the firecracker. She’s hitting on everyone except the lion tamer.” Rickets said as she passed him on her way to the show. There was one man, Malory noticed, who did not stay for the show. Maybe he needs better company? Malory bit her lower lip as she watched Dmitri disappear between curtains; the lion’s leash coiled tightly around his strong hands.

She couldn’t stop her feet. Her mind reeled with the memories of his hands on her. A playful smile flittered across her lips as the curtains closed behind her. The roar of the crowd rumbled behind her, rolling over the floor and shaking her legs. Maybe it was nerves that shook her to her core, or maybe it was the way he put his beast to bed. The lion let out a low growl as he locked the cage.

“She doesn’t seem very happy behind those bars,” Malory said. Her voice was low as she sauntered closer to the animal’s cage. Dmitri spun on his heel with wide, surprised eyes. She trailed her hand over one of the bars, her long black nails clicked against each metal railing, only backing away when the lion moved toward her.

“Malory!” Dmitri said her name before taking a deep gulp of air. He looked at her as if she were one of his animals, wild and uncontrollable outside its cage. Her eyes held him captive for a moment, but found something more interesting inside the lion. A raw strength lingered between them, fighting for dominance. The lion moved to a sitting position. Malory’s lips curled into a mysterious grin that would have drawn any man into her grasp.

Dmitri turned his back, securing the lock on the lion’s cage. When he faced her again, his shoulders were more relaxed as was his features. Malory feared she was losing control, but his first step toward her was hesitant. She still held all the power in the world at that moment.

“What are you up too, Mal?” His voice purred through her bones. She almost told him everything at that moment; instead, she took a deep breath and pressed a sharp nail to his chest.

“I can’t visit a friend?” Her lips moved into a slow pout as his fingers moved to her wrist. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you, but…” She trailed off as she pulled her hand back away from his grasp.

“But what?” Dmitri followed her hand, stepping forward nearing her full, deep red lips.

“I don’t think I’m wanted here.” Malory moved to turn away from him, but his hand caught her arm, stopping her from leaving. His free hand cupped her cheek.

“What makes you say that?” He whispered next to her ear. Shivers rolled down her spine.

“You haven’t called on me in a long time, Lion Tamer, then you looked startled at the sound of my voice.” She moved her head so she could stare into his storm cloud eyes. “What else is a woman supposed to think?”

“Crazy, girl,” Dmitri said, his crooked grin showing off his sharp teeth. “How could I ever uninvited such beauty?”

Malory’s heart pounded at the sound of his words. Girl! Beauty! I am neither young nor beautiful, unlike your new chew toy. She moved closer toward him. “Then what excuses do you have for being absent?” Her eyes bore into his causing his grin to falter.

“I have more than one lady in my life,” Dmitri whispered with a cunning glint in his eye. Malory gasped. Is he going to tell me about…? He pointed toward the cage to the lion lying on the ground inside. “She doesn’t like to share.”

Malory laughed and nodded. “Who would want to share you?”

Dmitri’s grin turned into something more animalistic as he leaned closer to her, his lips brushed against hers like the breeze kissed the flowers outside the circus lines. “Stop talking, now!” He half growled before he pressed his mouth hard against hers, nibbling on her lower lip before deepening the kiss.
Malory’s back pressed against the lion’s cage. The beast let out a low, rumbling growl just as Dmitri found a delicious spot on her neck that made her moan. His hands moved over her body, down to her hips, and he lifted her. He put her down on a stack of hay meant for the horses to eat after their round of tricks. She pushed him back before standing up again.

“What…?” He said breathlessly. His eyes held a bewildered look, almost like a wounded animal.

“Calm down,” Malory breathed. She turned around and pointed to the lace on the back of her dress. “This dress is only going to slow us down, Lover.” She looked over her shoulder just in time to see Dmitri lick his sharp teeth and hastily work on undoing the dress. He kissed the back of her neck, sending shivers of lightning through her body. God, I missed this!

Malory’s famous black and white striped dress slid off her shoulders to the floor. She turned around pushing him against the metal corner of the cage. It was her turn to be in control. She ran her tongue over his full, pale, pink lips as she undid the buttons on his pants. His hands roamed over her body, cupping her round bottom before lingering over her full bust. “I don’t have much time,” She breathed in his ear. A sigh left his lips; it was caught between her own.

Their movements were quick. They crashed together, ecstasy filling his body. Malory was far from her point of satisfaction when he gasped in her ear. Breathing hard and fast. His eyes closed as his head rolled back. The Adam’s apple in his muscular neck bounced with his quick pants. His hands remained on her hips. Holding her in place. She pushed herself away from his chest.

“I have to go,” She stated. “This was fun, Lion Tamer; maybe next time you can satisfy me instead.” She smiled a cruel, Cheshire cat grin before she slipped back into her dress. Tying the lace securely into place. “Don’t be a stranger, Lover.”

Dmitri’s eyes fell on her. Something inside the storm roiled. Disappointment maybe? Hadn’t he just cheated on his new play thing? Dumb little boys will always hate when their toys talk back. He didn’t move to fix his pants; he didn’t move as the lion’s roar rumbled through the metal bars. However, Malory’s feet rushed as the crowd just beyond the privacy curtain screamed and Cara’s voice boomed over the loud speaker.

“Is it hot enough for you, yet? I’m just getting warmed up.”

She moved through the people as if she were a ghost sent from the Victorian era. Excuses already played in her mind. I did not follow the Lion Tamer. I simply said hello to a friend. Nothing happened between us, just a friendly conversation. I rushed out so quickly because I forgot about a client waiting for me.

None of these things seemed good enough at the moment. The sun warmed her already blushing cheeks. She wished for a cool breeze, but none came. Why wouldn’t the world give her any satisfaction...?

It will come. His new toy will devour him just as his lion would if she had the chance, and I will direct the whole scene. Getting my satisfaction from him one way or another will be as simple as waiting for the next opportunity.

“But God,” Malory whispered to herself, “he does feel so good. Too bad he doesn’t know how to keep it in his pants for just one girl.”

She waved to the people standing near, waiting to get into the big tent or looking for one of the passing freaks. There was a man waiting for her just outside her tent. Maybe my excuses will work after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tick-tock, Dmitri

Leave us some love. After all, poor Malory, needs a little satisfaction; don't you think?