Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Fear

Here I was, sweaty.. hungry, desperately needing a shower, and laying on a cold cement floor shocked that I had made it. The man I wasted years being devoted to? You know, the typical cheater but somehow seems to always suck you in to his games, yeah? well he had just become a meal for the undead swarm outside of this small, cold room that other survivors created called the "safe room". There was one every few miles. Some contained first aid kits, food, and ammunition. Others.. well.. they were useless. Nothing but a place to sleep until the undead hoard has decided to wander off. Right now my adrenaline is too high that I can't even tell if I'm upset that he's gone and I'm on my own or relieved that I survived and again, on my own.

"What the fuck was that?!" I asked, knowing nobody would reply. I slowly rose up from the cold, dark floor, reaching for the Katana sword I had stole from a abandoned home just a few blocks away from the shitty townhouse I lived in with my now..ex fiance.

For a girl who always took interest in Samurai movies and swords, I've never held one of these until last night. Then again, I didn't really have a choice. Considering I never bothered to purchase any kind of gun in my life. You see, Zac, my dead..soon to be walking dead boyfriend of six years never thought I amounted to anything. I have to give it to him though, there was a time he treated me like gold. But once he started to draw his attention to other, more prettier women.. I became just someone to cook and clean for him. Why didn't I leave? I ask myself that everyday. Maybe because I was afraid of being alone. Maybe I figured he would someday love me again.. or maybe it was just because I had nobody else or no where else to go. I knew he stopped loving me a long time ago.. but when the infection spread and we knew we were no longer safe in one spot, his reluctance of bringing me along showed that I was in fact right. So my question is, "Is Karma really a bitch?".

"Hello?!" An unknown southern voice called out. I held on to my Katana sword tightly as I took slow, careful steps towards the red metal door. The bars on the door prevented any of the undead getting in. It was an uneasy feeling knowing they could reach their arms through though.

"Careful Ellis!" A female voice called out.

"Please tell me that's a safe house" Another male voice said following a sigh.

Fear overwhelmed my thinking as I approached the door. What if they shot me figuring they could steal what little supplies I had. What if they were going to use me as bait for zombies? What if they decided to eat me? Oh my god! They're hungry! They could eat me. Don't eat me! I'm too skinny! Eat trees.. eat a beaver! Eat anything besides me!

"Help!" I managed to yelp out in fear. Really?.. Really mind? That's the only thing I could come up with?

"Well I'll be damned! Someone is in there!" The southern voice said as he peaked into the room from outside the door. "It's a girl!" He exclaimed as I stood back into the darkness.

"It could be a witch.. lights off!" The female voice instructed. What the fuck was a witch? Are we talking hocus pocus witch or like Stevie Nick's wiccan kind of witch. What?

"I'm.. human?" I questioned as I walked toward the door. I mean, if they blow my head off at least I no longer have to deal with this dead walking, flesh eating, zombie Apocalypse. I sighed as I slowly removed the steal bar holding the door shut. "I'm not infected".

As I expected, the group of four people had their weapons raised and aimed at my head.
"Woah" escaped my lips as I exited the safe room.

"You alone?" The big guy wearing a coach like uniform asked. I nodded my head and raised my arms up. "I've been alone for the past hour" I replied.

"So there's others alive with you?" The woman asked me.

"No... I'm alone. Solo. Free bird. Look, can you guys put the guns down? I'm here because I don't have anywhere to go. I'm trying to survive. Like you guys. I'm not going to cause any trouble. You won't even know I'm here. I'll just stay in a corner and stay quiet. I promise" I begged, hoping they would quite frankly.. fuck off.

"We're not here to rob you. We're here for the same reason as you. Everybody.. inside the safe house now. I hear a hunter!" The man in the white suit exclaimed.

"What's a hunter?! and what's a witch?!" I asked as I was pushed back into the room. They began to lock the door back up, reload their weapons and wait by the door. "Any minute now" The guy in the white suit spoke as the strange growling grew closer.

"A hunter is what we call the zombies that stalk their next pray. Growling... and when they got you where they want you, they'll pounce you and rip you to shreds.. literally." The woman explained to me. "My name is Rochelle by the way." She added.

"I'm Amber" I replied but interrupted by a loud echoing gun shot.

"Got him!" The southern, wearing coveralls yelled out, impressed by what he had done.

"That's Ellis." Rochelle said as she pointed at the victory killer of the infamous 'hunter'. He turned and looked at me, took his hat off and smiled at me. "Great to meet you Amber". I blushed. He was adorable. Had a smile to kill for.

"This here is Coach and Nick" Ellis introduced the rest of the group.

"When's the last time you ate?" The guy in the white suit asked me as he leaned against the table that held empty bottles. "Two days ago" I replied instantly. Yes, I kept track. I was starving.

"It's not much, but it will feed you until the next safe house." Ellis said as he pulled out a can of Heinz beans from his bag and handed it to me.

"The next safe house?" I asked in fear.

"We can't just leave you here. That is unless you want to die" Nick said with a smug look on his face.

"Besides, we could use another shooter" Coach added.

"I can't..." I began.

"You can't what? You can't shoot?" Rochelle asked in disbelief. "Trust me... You can shoot. It's life or dead out there. You'll learn faster than you think" She added as she shoved a rifle of some sort into my arms. I groaned. I was going to either end up dead sooner than I expected or a huge disappointment to my new companions. But I wasn't up for staying here and dying of hunger either.

"You're safe... for now" Ellis leaned over to me and whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that was probably ass but it'll get better.. give it a chance :O *cue abba music* take a chance on meeee ohhhh and a a banner of mostly amber and ellis!
Image