Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Sugar mill

Everyone grabbed ammunition and loaded up on supplies before reloading their guns and heading out. The cool rain felt nice on my face after being warm from the excitement and bit of exercise I had just got from what Ellis and I had just done.

"Watch out!" Nick instructed as he ran out of the saferoom carrying a propane tank for a bbq, hitting a zombie that ran at him before throwing it to the ground. Nick then shot the propane tank causing it to explode along with the group of zombies that had started to run over towards us.

"We ain't getting down this road any further" Ellis announced looking over at the road that was being blocked off by a tank truck on it's side with fluid leaking out of it. Sure we could climb over it but with the gas we had to bring back to Virgil? not a good idea.

"Look's like we're going through the sugar mill." Nick exclaimed.

My eyes strayed from the electric fences surrounding the tank truck making it impossible to get around it, over to the big building. It looked like a factory that you'd see off of a horror movie or something as it was incredibly creepy and due to the zombie outbreak, the windows were smashed and the doors were chained.

"Ducatel Sugar company..." Rochelle read the sign on the building out loud.

"Look at that sign hanging from the roof." Coach instructed as he nodded upwards. "Stay away. Witches" Coach read out simply. The sign lacked in detail.

Between sighing and gulping, I decided to follow behind Ellis in to the sugar mill through a tall glasses window. Ellis used an axe to kill the couple zombies that staggered around the main floor while I looked around, examining the mill. Both metal and wooden desks were shoved against doors in hopes to keep zombies out...but obviously failed. It's not often I try to fathom what other people were going through when this all started happening, like what they did to survive..and how long they survived for and unlike us, if they made it out while CEDA was still evacuating people.

"We're goin' this way" Ellis announced motioning every one to go through door to the outside.

"We are in for one nasty god damn storm." Coach stated as he listened to the thunder roar.

Off in to the distance and even near by I could hear echoing from witches crying. This meant that the sign wasn't lying... this meant that there were multiple witches in here along with tons of zombies. From the rain and the dark sky from evening time creeping upon us and the storm that was coming... it was already dark and hard to see. But because there is witches around were not going to be able to use our flashlights... making this trip already against us.

We all decided it was best to not use our guns unless needed as the sound would only attract more zombies and at the very worst, disturb the witches. I cringed at the thought of what could happen if one of them were disturbed let alone a whole sugar mill full of them were disturbed. "Fuck..." I mumbled as we took down whatever zombies noticed us and came running at us. "That sign wasn't kidding..." I stated, referring to the witches.

"Lights out... witch!" Ellis exclaimed to the group in a whisper.

Everyone immediately turned out their lights as we all stared at Ellis who winced at the nearby sound of a witch whining and sobbing. I watched as Ellis sighed in frustration as it was clear that the nearby witch was blocking our path. Shivering as he took my trembling hand and intertwined our fingers together, leading me slowly towards the witch. I closed my eyes as I could feel my heart racing the closer and closer we got near the witch. Ellis was cautious as he led me past her. I didn't open my eyes until I could barely hear her cries anymore, knowing that we had made it past her.

"Fuck there has got to be a lot of witches past this wall..." Coach whispered.

"Right where we're headed..." Nick sighed.

"Hell, I'm gonna start crying." Ellis joked making everyone chuckle a little. Typical Ellis to be uplifting even at the worst of times.

Next thing I know, I was being led up a steel ramp the led to a ledge with about a 5 foot drop. I gulped as I stared at all the moaning and groaning, staggering zombies wandering around, not to mention the three witches amongst them. The second building of the sugar mill was separated from the ledge we're currently on by a football field like length. I gulped as I watched the others pull out their guns. There was no way we were going to make it through all these zombies using axes and samurai swords. Nick looked around at the group before nodding and jumping down, the rest of us soon following.

"Ouch.." I whispered as I landed roughly.

I struggled to get up as the ground began to rattle. Confused I looked up at the group who were all cowering in a corner near a large window like opening. No one was able to scream or cause any panic as a tank ran out towards us... towards me. Fighting to push myself up, I finally succeeded as Ellis jumped out in front of me, shoving me back towards the group who were all busy shooting at the tank. The tank roared like a lion as he swung his arm, sending Ellis flying back through the window like opening.

"Ellis!" I screamed.

"Shoot it! Shoot it!" Rochelle hollered as the group spread out in hopes of taking out the tank easier. The witch that we had passed earlier was now screaming as Ellis must have startled her while being throw by the tank.

"Ellis! I'm coming!" Coach yelled at the top of his lungs as he jumped out the window like opening.

Fear took over me as I turned to run towards the opening Coach had just jumped out of as the tank was shot down. Sasha blocked my path as she shoved me explaining that we had to move. Worried and reluctant, I agreed as I had no choice but to listen to what she was telling me to do. We sliced through zombies and shot down special infected as if they were nothing.

It's foolish to allow yourself to get emotionally attached to anyone during a situation like this as 10 to 1, nothing good is going to come from it. But I couldn't help it. Like a train, I was hit by Ellis, falling in love with him instantly. I didn't want to, I fought it for awhile but I was thoroughly and madly in love with Ellis. The others? I all cared deeply for as well, considering they might be the only family I'll ever know again.

"Spitter!" Nick shouted awakening me from my thoughts.

I looked up to see a spitter standing a few feet ahead of me, my eyes going wide as she spat her green acidic goo in my direction. I jumped back as Nick shot her down. Unfortunately some of it managed to hit my calf. I cried out in agony as I hunched over and looked down at my leg. The others noticed what had happened and noticed that I looked like I was about to collapse, but they continued to shoot down zombies, clearing them out as they came giving me a chance to sit down on the ground and use my first aid kit. Wincing, I pulled up the leg of my jeans and moaned in pain as I began to clean up the wound. Luckily for me, I was able to get the acid like goo off of my leg before it began to eat the skin. All it did was leave a burn like mark on my skin which was good because if it had ate some skin... who's to say this shit wouldn't have turned me once it hit my blood stream.

"Oh thank God." Sasha and Rochelle said at the same time as Ellis and Coach ran up towards us.

"Y'all ever seen so many witches?... shit..." Ellis said as his eyes rested upon me, who had just finished putting the rest of my supplies away. Ellis reached his arm out and pulled me up to my feet. Before he could say anything I reassured him that I was okay. He sighed in relief as his arm wrapped around me, his hand caressing my back.

"I don't know if you guys realize this yet or not.. but that other building looks condemned.. even before this apocalypse bullshit happened..." Nick stated snarky. "Meaning that building is going to be a death trap... God only knows how old it is.."

Nick sighed, "But... we ain't got much choice... Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chaaaapter, I know.. I suck.. :P I've just been busy, I'm sorry! butttttttt... I'm working on the last chapter of my Bad Company story.. so you can expect more frequent updates from this story! :D
thank you for reading and thank you for the subscribes!
Image