‹ Prequel: Iron Maiden
Sequel: Paradise
Status: in progress

The Bird

Chapter 6

His metal head turned to me as Captian America led Loki to the jet. Both glanced back at me but I was to focused on my dad to really notice.

"Skye? What are you doing here?"

"I should ask you the same question, but you're supposed to be here at the gala. You got an invitation a couple days ago but you didn't answer your phone so I had to cover for you again." I stepped closer to him.

His mask slid up, revealing his face. He did not look happy.

"First off, don't talk to me like that. Second, you're supposed to be in Malibu with Happy. Thirdly, did it ever occur to you that you could've declined?"

"And say what?"

"I was busy doing other stuff. I don't know, made up something. Instead you snuck off without my permission. Now get your stuff and head back to Malibu. We'll talk when I get back."

I crossed my arms. "No."

"No? Excuse me?"

"Stark!" A familiar redhead walked out of the jet. "Fury wants her to come! She's already seen to much!"

I gave him a satisfied smirk.

"We're not done." He grabbed my arm, all but dragging me to the jet.

He pulled me in, sitting me across from Loki, strapping me in.

"Am I your prisoner now, too?"

I could almost hear Loki's smirk.

"Captain." I nodded to the soldier.

"Ma'am." He nodded back, confusion clear on his face.

I looked across at Loki, finally getting a good look at him. I all but fell out of my seat. I immediately dropped my eyes to the floor when they met his.

His eyes were an icy blue. The same blue from my dream.