‹ Prequel: Iron Maiden
Sequel: Paradise
Status: in progress

The Bird

Chapter 7

"Is he saying anything?"

"Not a word."

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

I could feel Loki's eyes burning into me. I wanted desperately to look back up at him, take in every detail of his face, the face I'd been seeing in my dreams for over a year, but I kept my eyes glued to the floor of the jet.

"I don't like it." Captain Rogers said. He was standing by me and I had a lovely view of his backside, but my dad's angry glare and Loki's curious stare kept my eyes where they were.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily."

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"Still you are pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing, Pilates?" I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my seat. Here we go.

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things doing time as a capsicle."

I could feel the air grow tenser and tenser as my dad's rude behavior began to shine through.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

Lightening flashed overhead and thunder rumbled.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha asked.

Loki's eyes finally left me as he looked at the lightening flashing outside.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightening?" Captain Rogers asked.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." Chills erupted over my skin at that voice. Wait- I shouldn't be thinking that.

There was a thud on the roof, rocking the jet. I didn't like where this was going. My dad grabbed his helmet before opening the hatch.

"What are you doing?" Captain Rogers yelled at my dad.

Someone landed on the hatch door and began walking towards my dad. Loki looked terrified, the same look on his face that he'd had in my dreams.

My dad loaded his blaster but was thrown back by the new guys giant hammer, right into captain Rogers. The giant blonde man grabbed Loki before flying out of the jet.

My dad groaned, standing up. "And now there's that guy." He walked towards the open hatch. "Skye, stay."

"Not a problem on this one."

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha yelled over the rushing wind.

"That guy's a friendly?"

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost."

"Stark, we need a plan of attack."

"I have a plan. Attack." My dad jumped out of the jet.

"I'd sit this one out Cap." Natasha yelled.

"I don't see how I can."

"These guys come from legend. Their basically gods."

"There's only one god, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." Cap grabbed his shield before jumping from the plane. I don't think I'd ever been so attracted to anyone in my life.