Status: enjoy reader's ;P

The Love We Once Had

3|Chocolate Milk

"question" I say, loud enough for Porter to hear me the other side of the room, "how does your body manage to stay in such good shape? you never work out and you eat more than a fucking pig so what's your secret?".

I lay on Porters un-made bed, staring up at the ceiling whilst eating Haribo sweets, making sure not to eat any of the sweet eggs by accident because they were porters favourite, I preferred the rings and gummy bears.

"Stop being a perv and help me look for something to wear Nico" Porter moans, as he continues to empty his closet, searching for the right outfit. he takes longer than a girl to get ready...

He should be hurrying himself being as he spent nearly 2 hours in the shower this morning, howling out Whitney Huston's I Will Always Love You, the idiot even forgot to choose an out fit before he got in, so now he has this tormented confused look on his still wet face as he stares mindlessly at the pile of clothes on the floor with nothing but a tiny white hand towel wrapped around his waist.

"I'm being serious Porter, do you even know how much of an insult it is to me when I have to starve myself just to maintain my weight and then there's little pieces of shit like you who can eat as much as they can without putting on a pound" I moan, popping another handful of sweets into my mouth.

It was true. I'm not saying I'm fat, just a little chubby here and there, I'm muscular, sturdy you could say, and I work out a lot to keep in this shape. As for Porter, well he's always been slim, I mean don't get me wrong he isn't a bag of bones, the guy can eat, but he's always had the gift of maintaining the perfect body weight without having to diet or hit the gym.

"does this look good?" porter says, completely ignoring me while throwing a t shirt, some black skinny jeans, and trainers at me.

"the t-shirt is good, these jeans look like my sisters, and these trainers are mine" I frown, throwing the shoe back at him hoping it would hit him.

"well I'm still wearing them now get your ass out of my room" porter smirks, catching hold of the shoe.

"why?" I moan, now feeling to lazy to get up and get out. porters bed was a lot more comfortable than my own.

"because I need to get dressed asshole" he mocks my childish voice before throwing the trainer back at me, hitting me in the face, "now unless you want to see my ass I suggest you get out".

"fine I'm going, I'm going!" I surrender, holding my hands up and climbing of his bed, "just hurry your shit, yeah?".

With that I walk outta his bedroom, slamming the door shut on my way out. sliding down the stair case banister, I make my way to the kitchen and head straight to the fridge. grabbing out a bottle of water and then searching through the it to see if anything took my fancy. I liked how Porters mom shopped, it was a great mix of food like strawberries, low fat yogurts, blue berries, and those small little jellies pots and then the more tasty stuff like chocolate and mini pizzas. unfortunately for me, since mom died my family has lived off takeaways.

"meh" I shrug, closing the fridge door with nothing but a strawberry flavoured water.

I wait patiently for my best friend to get ready in my car, flipping through the radio channels and taking in the morning sun that shone through my car window directly onto me. I soon regret not taking anything from the fridge as my stomach starts to gurgle, I clutch onto it as if that's going to make it magically stop, if I can just resist the urge to eat until lunch time then that would be great. I'm running late as it is so their really would be no time to stop in a café to grab something to eat.

I smile as the door of the house opens, revealing a very well groomed Porter, his blonde hair flipped to the side just how I liked it, those baby blues sparkling with the sunlight as he strutted up to my car. thankfully he put on a black shirt, the buttons left undone, although the sun was shining there was still this shark bite of coldness in the air.

"eat, shit head" Porter scolds, passing me one of those packet sandwiches you can buy. I smile, ham, cheese, and tomato, my favourite "there's nothing wrong with your body so stop with this shit".

"what would I do without you, ports" I smile, tearing open the packaging and taking a huge bite.

"probably die of starvation or something like that" Porter chuckles, messing around with the radio, "have you taken my CD out of here?".

"dude, I have a teenage sister, you should know not to leave your shit in here when she's around" I laugh, taking another bite.

"well tell Nicola she's dead when I get hold of her" Porter groans, leaning back into the car seat and resting his feet up on the dash board.

"will do",

and with that I finish my sandwich before heading off for school.

***

I hate eating from the school cafeteria, the company is shitter than the food, the constant humming of other peoples conversations does my head in, the girls are always giving me dirty looks for no reason, and then there's those stupid people who find the fun in smacking other peoples food trays up in the air. Its happened to me a couple of times before, I'm the type of guy who just mocks their laughs before throwing the tray to the floor and leaving the cafeteria, unfortunately Porter is most definitely not me.

"bro just calm down he's not worth it" I press my lips together, pushing Porter back from the ass hole who had just deliberately snapped his tray up into the air. The chocolate milkshake soaked into Porters perfectly groomed hair and slid down his forehead and cheeks, and he was pretty much wearing the pasta sauce.

"Its was just a fucking joke Porter, calm down" Aiden snorts, stepping back from a very angry Porter who was trying his absolute best to battle his way past me.

"shut your fucking mouth, fag" I hiss, spinning around to meet that son of a bitch, all the while remaining a firm grim onto Porters arm.

"oh so now your gonna pull the homophobic card on me? like I actually give a fuck..."  Aiden laughs, swinging his head back and stepping forward.

"let me at him Nico then he will give a fuck." Porter spits, trying to push me away from him.

I roll my eyes, for a guy who is just a little taller then my 15 year old sister and has trouble opening jars of jam, Porter yells 'fight me' a lot.

"get your ass back here Porter" I groan, fed up of this bullshit I tug Porter harshly back to my side. he snaps me a look to kill, not even acknowledging the fact that I'm only trying to look out for him.

Because that's what I promised her, my mother, I promised her I would look out for him. He and my mom were close, he was like a son to her. Before she died she made sure to write me, my sister, and my dad letters, and she made us promise only to open them for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversary's, and stuff like that. Porter doesn't know it yet but she wrote him letters to, I'm planning on surprising him with them on his 17th birthday. but you see? she didn't have to include Porter but she did, that's how I know she loved him, and that's why I will do my very best with him.

"Aha, yeah that's what I thought" Aiden chuckles, holding his hands up and Bowing his head with a shit faced grin on his face, pretending to back down from Porter when all he was really doing was mocking him.

He sinks into his crowd of friends, who was all stood behind him backing him up, they laughed with him and slapped his back while whispering snide comments about Porter.

"Man why'd you let him get away with that shit?" Jason steps in front of me, along with the two other people I can actually call friends, Alec and Tyger.

Porter tugged his arm free from my now loose grip, the anger from his body had now softened with his breathing already being calmed down and his teeth stopped clenching together I found it safe to let him loose. I look down at him, no expression on my face just the tired look I seemed to be wearing a lot lately. As chocolate milkshake slid down the bridge of his nose, dripping as it reached to the end, I bit my lip as to not laugh at the scene.

"The guys a faggot, Jason. Hitting him would be animal abuse" I sneer, watching Aiden and his group of idiots walk there way out of the cafeteria.

But then the asshole stops, not turning to face me but he stopped, like he was trying to think of a come back but one couldn't just come to mind. Porter and the rest of my boys noticed me staring as the heads spun around to take a look at Aiden who had stopped in his tracks, everyone in the cafeteria had stopped with their clishmaclaver in the room had been silenced by the deadly stares of everybody eyes all piercing into Aiden, wondering why he had stopped.

I swallow as his shoulders relax back and the click of his tongue breaks the everlasting silence. He twists his neck back, a satisfying crack bouncing from his skin, and then he turns to face me with a look on his face that made my stomachs churn.

"You know what's funny Nico?" He chuckles, making my eyebrow cock up and my mouth to fall open, "your mother didn't mind hitting on me last night, when you see here be sure to tell her my name is Aiden not harder! Harder!".

He bucks his hips in and out towards the air, pretending to be fucking somebody while he let out these ridiculous moans.

"Ohhh! can someone please supply Nico Buxton with some water for that burn!" one of Aidens friends cheers, slapping his arm around his friend's neck and pulling him close.

The mimic of what was supposed to be of him fucking my dead mother had now stopped completely and was replaced with a single outburst of a full on fit laugher with his mates. The biggest half of cafeteria were all joining along with the show Aiden was putting on while the other half, the half who knew my mother was dead, awkwardly diverted their look away from me and pretend to carry on eating there food.

"Son of a bitch" I hiss, amazed that I actual found the balls to say anything at this particular moment without falling to my knees and crying.

I'm not even sure if Aiden is aware of the fact that my mother is dead, I mean he should know, every one else in this fucking school knows. That was all what they could talk about once the word got around that my mom had died, for weeks and weeks people kept on giving me these pity full looks, the same looks everyone is giving me right now, including Porter.

The blood was draining from me, all I could here was the chanting of stupid teenagers who were now all pointing at me and laughing. Not that I could see them clearly, everyone and everything had become nothing but a haze, one big blurry haze. The sound of there laughter slightly disappearing and changing into nothing but a hum, the feeling of Porter hitting my arm and asking me some stupid question over and over again, probably wondering why I hadn't beaten the shit out of Aiden yet. Because that's what I would usually do, get all hot and angry and attack the first thing I could get my clammy hands on. Because that was me, I had a short a temper, short fused as my mother would say, I got it from her side of the family. My mother. That asshole. How dare he bring her up on this.

The yelling of my name brought me out of my wave of madness a little. I look out towards were the voice was coming from, right at the back of the cafeteria, behind the mob of laughing teenagers stood my little sister with tears in her eyes, mouthing the words please.

Please, what?! What did she want me to do? Did she want me to run up to Aiden and beat the shit out of him because that's just what Nico does? Why haven't I done that yet? Why haven't I knocked that smug smile off his faggot face?

Because I'm tired. I'm tired of fighting. I'm sick and tired of always having to defend me and my family. I've forgotten how it is to wake up out of bed without having to paint a smile on to impress everybody and to let them know that I'm ok.

But the truth is I'm not ok. I just wanna cry because I'm scared, when good things start to happen life just pops back up and laughs in my face.

"Shut your fucking mouths everybody".

A voice stood out from the others and almost immediately the entire room fell silent again. The sharp sound of high heels was all what could be heard as I tried my best to see who that dominant voice had came from.

"Outta my way" it rings again. As two very well manicured hands slips in between Aiden and his friend, pushing them apart to make way for what looked like sex on Louboutin heels.

"Aiden I want you to leave" she speaks, twisting a piece of her Sandy blonde hair around her little finger whilst looking at her pink painted nails on the other hand.

"But Liv".

"Leave!" She screeches, bouncing her heel off the floor.

Aidens mouth instantly shuts up, his cheeks glowing red as he bowed his head in defeat and walked his way out of the cafeteria. I had never seen a man manage to make Aiden shut his shit up and leave, so watching a woman do it made me feel kinda embarrassed.

"Eat!" She hisses, looking around the room full of people who were expecting more entertainment.

But like a dog obeying its master their heads all fell down to the tables and a low and steady hum filled the air.

It was only then when  I realised who the woman who stood before me was. Olivia Blake. Cheer captain, school hottie, and the boss. If there's one girl you don't wanna mess with its Olivia, aka the queen.

"What's wrong with you Nico?" Porter mumbles, as the blonde walks up to us.

I try my best not to look down at him, instead I just keep on staring forward at the goddess who was walking up to me for some reason. Maybe if I try hard enough Porter might think that I didn't hear him.

"You've gone soft" he tuts, picking up my mood. I didn't want another argument, especially one with my best friend.

"Porter" Oliver sighs, as she finally reaches us, she stood in her get glory, hip popped to the side showing off her fine ass. Again she managed to show more interest into her pretty pink finger nails than to person she was talking to. Her arm had a designer bag hooked onto it and she was wearing this poxy little pink scarf that covered most of her cleavage.

"Princess" Porter say in monotone.

My head instantly snaps down to face Porter, a look of confusion plastered on my face. Now it was his turn to ignore me. But why is he calling Olivia Blake princess? And why does Olivia Blake even know Porters name?

Her baby blue eyes pierce through Porter, it didn't take a genius to know that she way deep in thought, her left eyebrow darted up and her tongue licked along her bottom lip seductivly.

"Why are you soaked in chocolate milkshake" she giggles, looking Porter up and down in a very cute and girly way.

And then it's gone. Her bad girl persona had vanished, replaced with this cute and innocent Olivia I was more use to seeing. I have no idea how she does it.

"It's a long story" Porter half smiles, eyes sneaking up to meet mine.

"Well then diner is on me, wanna go to that desert place that has just opened down time?" She rolls her eyes and smirks, "Nico can come to if he likes".

What? This mental! Since when did little miss hottie started going on diner dates with my asshole of a friend Porter? And not to mention she knows my name...

"Yeah, why not? I've had enough of this place for one day" Porter sighs, looking up at my perplexed as hell face.

"Your leaving us?" Lee mutters, looking just as confused as me.

I take one good look at my little group of friends and then at the shitty cafeteria before turning back to face Olivia and her pretty little face

"Yeah, we're leaving you" I confirm.
♠ ♠ ♠
most definitely not edited.

I'm sorry if this is a little all over the place right now... I just want to add some more to my chapters of this story. More will come! The chapters are just a little all over the place at the moment,

Bare with me.