Status: enjoy reader's ;P

The Love We Once Had

Third wheel

We left the Cafeteria after that. Leaving my boys Lee, Jason, and Tyger all a stuttering mess, and all wondering why on earth a girl like Olivia would want to hang out with me and Porter. I myself was starting to wonder that as well, I mean was it a trap? Did her and Aiden cook up another plan to humiliate me?

"Your driving" Oliver chirps, throwing me the keys to her red Mercedes.

It wasn't her car, Olivia's dad doesn't trust her enough at the moment to buy her a car of her own so he let her borrow his until he was sure his little Princess was safe on the road.

"Umm are you sure? I think Mr Blake would have a heart attack if I as much scratch the paint on this car" I chuckle, holding the keys towards her so she could drive.

Yes, Olivia's dad was the Principle/asshole. Maybe that's why everyone wants to be here friend, because she can get away with murder in that school without getting into trouble. It sucks to, Olivia is in my English class and she's always answering back teachers, I mean why does she care? If she did get sent to the principle office her dad wouldn't be angry with her.

"Stop being a pussy and just drive the fucking car, Nico" she rolls her blue eyes, looking at me unamused.

It surprised me to see Olivia curse. She just looked to cute and innocent to pick up that habit.

I notice Porter hit her harshly in the stomach with his elbow, making her yell and snap his hand away.

"I mean, don't worry about daddy, he's not always a angry head teacher, you know?" She says, giving me what looked like a big fake smile, her pearly whites almost blinding me.

I stare at the two of them for a second. Porter wearing the same smile as Olivia while she just stood there and tilted her head to the side.

"Well let's hurry" she smiles again, opening the back door of the luxurious car and sliding in effortlessly, Porter soon followed. It surprised me a little to see Porter sit at back, he usually rides shotgun, especially if I'm driving.

"clean yourself up Porter, you look a mess" she tuts, unwrapping the designer scarf that was around her neck and handing it to Porter. He thought nothing of grabbing what looked like a Gucci scarf and drying his chocolate soaked hair with it. Olivia giggles at his goofiness as I roll my eyes, starting the engine.

"Oh I love this song!" Olivia gasps, leaning forward and turning up the radio.

"You do?" Porter sneers, giving her a weird look as he tries his best to get rid of the pasta stain on his shirt with the scarf. Olivia playfully slaps him before humming along to the tune.

While my hands grip tighter to the steering wheel, I was trying my hardest not to change the radio station. Because I hated this song and Porter knew it. This was the song that Porter payed the DJ to play on repeat for my 16th birthday party because he knew I hated it. This was the song Nicola always howled out every time she took a shower. This was the sound that would get stuck in my head for days and days after listening to it. But I have to be kind, I have to be well mannered. I just got to drive. You can do this Nico.

'Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces past, and I'm home bound.

And I need you! And I miss you! And now I wonder if  I could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by, 'cause you know that I'd walk a thousand miles just to see you tonight.'

Thankfully the restaurant was only a five minute drive away from the school. Olivia gave me directions In between the secret whispery conversation her and Porter were having in the back. I felt a little like a third wheel or maybe a little like Olivia's personal chauffeur. I didn't even know about this weird friendship Porter and Olivia had going on. Maybe Olivia fancied my best Friend or maybe she fancied me and was just using Porter to get closer to me. Aha, yeah right.

"Porter can you order for us, please? I'm just gonna have the fruit salad, I need to watch my figure. Nico what are you having?" Olivia smiles, her baby blue eyes diverting from the menu and into mine.

"What?" I hum, looking up from her breasts that were literally sitting on the table. She had used this sparkle moisturiser and as the lights above us shined down on them they kinda sparkled. Very distracting.

"What do you want to eat" she says slowly and a little suductivly from what I could hear. Leaning forward onto the table and biting her plump bottom lip. I tried my best to keep my eyes fixed on her face.

"Erm, surprise me" I swallow, diverting my eyes up at Porter who hadn't sat down yet.

"Sure" he smiles, pressing those dry lips together before walking off to find the counter.

I wasn't even that hungry, Aidens jokes had knocked me sick and the sweet smell of this place was filling enough.

"I'm sorry for what Aiden did to you back there, he's a jerk" Olivia apologises, a pity full look working its way onto her pretty little face.

"You don't have to apologise, Olivia" I murmur, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand.

"It must of been so hard for you" she jumps in, taking hold of my free arm that was left alone on the table until now.

Her fingers were soft and I imagine they smell nice to, if it wasn't for her pink sharp claws I wouldn't mind her holding onto my hand forever.

"Losing a mother at such a needy age, it must of been so hard for you" she pouts, grabbing onto me tighter.

I feel myself heat up. My cheeks burning red as my eyes fell low. My mom was a touchy subject, not many people could bring her up in a conversation and not get me mad. I just miss her so much sometimes, she was a beautiful woman. Don't get me wrong she had her flaws, a massive flirt around other men and she was very good at lying, I still loved her though. We all did.

"It was a good job you had Porter to help you get through all of it" she mumbles, playing with my loose fingers, "he loves you, you know?".

Her fingers stops playing with mine as eyes flick up to meet mine.

"I love him to" I breath, pulling my hand away from her and hiding it under the table, "he's like a brother to me".

She frowns, her eyes studying my face while she process what I had said. A little confused she looked and also a little mad.

"You guys are pretty close" she smiles, leaning back in her seat and sliding a finger under her chin, "but I have a feeling me and Porter are a lot closer".

Who does this bitch think she is? Porter is my best friend and everybody knows that. We've been friends ever since I could remember! I haven't a single memory without him in it. This bitch can't even compare her friendship with Porter to mine.

"He didn't tell me about you" I say, now a little pissed that Porter had friends I didn't know about.

"Porter doesn't tell you a lot of things" she flashes me a evil grin, those blue eyes now starting to look nasty and cold.

"Smells good, huh?" Porters voice startles us, as he comes over to us sliding himself into Olivia's side of the booth.

"Oh Porter! I asked for a salad! I'm watching my figure" Olivia moans like a baby, bottom lip dropping as she crosses her skinny little arms.

The waiter places three plates onto our table, one chocolate cake with ice cream, one waffle with sliced bananas and chocolate sauce toping, and another waffle this one just covered in white chocolate sauce.

"Your trying to get me fat" I smirk, pulling the chocolate waffle closer to me. I knew that this one was mine because it has bananas and Porter knows I love bananas.

"You don't need my help with that"  Porter smiles cheekily, before thanking the waiter and sending him on his way.

"Ha, ha, ha" I pretend to laugh, already digging in to the delicious smelling waffle in front of me.

I wasn't one for comfort eating, that was Porters trait, but this food was bound to make me feel better.

"So Nico tell me something about yourself, Porter has told me loads about you already and now I've met you in the flesh I wanna know more" Olivia smiles, grabbing a fork and tucking into the chocolate cake.

What did she mean by meeting me in the flesh? I'm in her English class, Hasn't she noticed me before?

"Well I erm..." I swallow a bite of my waffle, thinking for a second what I could actually tell her, "I'm on the school football team".

"Aha, I know. I'm cheer captain, remember? I've been to all your games..." She says, with a dumb look on her face, making Porter stifle a laugh.

"Shut up, Porter" I moan, a little red faced I took another bite of my waffle while watching the two of them giggle at me, "anyway since when have you and Olivia been friends."

"Oh we're more than just friends sweetie" Olivia smiles, pulling the fork slowly outta her mouth, making sure to suck every crumb of chocolate cake from it.

Porter instantly diverts his eyes away from me, those big blue diamonds glueing themselves down onto the table as Olivia opened her mouth to speak again.

"What? Did he not tell you?" She laughs, coving her mouth with her hand.

"Tell me what?" I snap, a little annoyed with her already.

"He's so funny" Olivia laughs again, turning to face porter a very silent Porter, "why didn't you tell him Porter?".

"Tell me what?" I repeat, trying my best not to sound rude or angry.

"Me and Olivia are dating" Porter shrugs, parting his lips and pushing a waffle filled spoon into his dry mouth.

I blink, a little taken back that he didn't even acknowledge the fact I didn't know about this. Yeah Porter has had loads of girlfriends in the past but we have never been in the situation of him keeping it secret from me. Mainly because all the other girls he dated were hoes and Porter didn't really take any of them serious. Also, porter has a reputation of stringing girls along, Olivia knows this so what is her game?

"How long" I say, after a minute of silence.

"A while" Porter swallows a mouth full of food.

"How longs a while?" I say through clenched teeth, my grip tightening around the fork in my hands.

"Does it matter?" Olivia takes the fork she had been sucking on outta her mouth.

"It's just....you didn't tell me that's all" I mumble lamely.

"Since when was my love life so important to you?" Porter chuckles, licking some of the chocolate sauce of his fingers. He's such a messy eater. "And besides, it's not like you tell me who your fucking".

"Ewww Porter! Don't make it sound so gross" Olivia playfully hits the back of his head.

"That's not fair!" I ignore her and turn my attention back to Porter.

Porter knows I'm still a virgin, i can't believe he's using that as a weapon to score points in this stupid...argument; if you could even call it that.

"Because your a virgin?" Olivia pushes herself back into the conversation, Porter instantly elbowing her in the gut as the words leave her mouth.

"You told her!" I almost spit a chunk of waffle out as Porter gave Olivia the evils.

"Man, C' mon everyone knows your a virgin" Porter smiles pathetically.

"They do?" I mumble, now feeling a little embarrassed.

"Yeah like that's why everybody was laughing at you Nico during the sexual education class last year" Olivia giggles, trying to scoop up the ice cream with her fork, "I mean your 17? When are you gonna have sex".

"You could be one of those People who turns out to a forty year old virgin" Porter literally spits out the waffle into his plate, before him and Olivia both go into a rage of laughter, making a few other customers turn and look at us.

"Can you please stop talking about sex and virgins for one minute" I mutter to the giggling pair.

"I'm sorry" Porter stifles a laugh, giving me an apologetic look. I all but roll my eyes at him.

We finished eating in less than half an hour, Porter finishing both his waffle and the rest of Olivia's chocolate cake while I focused on devouring my own dessert.

I felt even more like a third wheel after we all finished our drinks. Porter and Olivia sat there there cuddling and laughing to each other, I tried to fit in with there conversations but it wasn't working. I simple wasn't needed. Olivia has only been here for less than five minutes and she's already stuck her claws into my best friend, it felt kind like she was slowly stealing him from me.

I drove us back to school, Olivia went her separate way and things fell back in place. Porter warned me not to mention a word of there relationship to anyone else so I got off with telling the guys that Olivia just felt sorry for me and that's why she wanted to hangout. Thankfully they bought it.

Porter and his new girlfriend continued to date in secret, only me knowing about their relationship. Porter says it's because he doesn't want anybody getting in the way of him and her and that his private life doesn't always have to involve the whole school. but I just keep on telling myself that it's because Porter will think it a lot easier to leave Olivia after he's finished fooling around with her without everybody knowing.

"Porter their staring at us" I hear Olivia sigh from the back seat, her lip glossed bottom lip dropping.

Olivia has started hitching a lift with me to school in the mornings so she can spend more time with Porter. I wasn't over the moon with having some chick jump in my car every morning, making it smell like like some whore house from her perfume, but it made Porter happy so I just bite my tongue and go along with it.

However that hasn't stopped prying eyes from noticing little miss popular hanging around with us.

"Let them look, it's no big deal" Porter mumbles, trying to balance his cigarette between his moving lips to light it.

"I'm tired of keeping you a secret baby, can't we just tell your friends already and get it over with?" Olivia sighs, playing with collars of Porters shirt.

I watch the two of them from my car mirror, Porter doesn't ride shotgun any more since his princess joins us every morning now.

"I'm not the one who's been keeping it a secret princess" Porter smiles, inhaling the smoke from his cigarette and letting it escape from his nose, "I thought you were the one who wanted it kept quit".

"No you were" she giggles, pretending to hit his chest.

"No princess you were" Porter Smiles, putting on a soppy baby voice that made me wanna throw up.

"No sugar plum! You were" she giggles in monotone.

"No you-".

"Oh for fuck sake, does it matter?!" I snap, hitting the steering wheel making the horn honk.

Our friends, who were currently talking to some girls the other side of the carpark turned their heads at the sound of the sudden honking. All there eyes landed on me and they started to walk over, assuming that I honked to grab there attention.

"Well looks like you have no choice but to tell them know" Olivia sighs, sounding annoyed with me.

She jumped out my car, slamming the door the shut and walking over to the front so she could sit neatly on my car bonnet.

"Nice one Nico" Porter mutters, climbing out the car to follow her.

I curse at myself, annoyed that I let Olivia pick at another piece of mine and Porters friendship. She seems to be doing a lot of that lately. I'm not sure what it is but I just can't seem to get along with her. Maybe it has something to do with her skitty little comments or the huge amount of sarcasm she uses, I'm not entirely sure. I do know one thing though, if Porter isn't gonna finish her ass anytime soon then that girl is going to be the death of mine and Porters friendship. And the sad thing about it is that I don't even care. Porter likes her company more than he does mine, and yeah that hurts but I can't help it. He's a sucker for a pretty face and huge boobs.

I watch them all from my windscreen, Porter clearly introducing his new girl to our boys. They all seemed to be over the moon for him, why wasn't I? Should I be happy for my best friend for pulling the most sexiest human being there is on earth? No, because I know he can do better...

I jump out the car, slamming the door shut all eyes are on.

"Did you know?" Lee laughs, pointing to the happy couple who say on my car bonnet. Olivia on Porters lap eating up the attention, while Porter had his arms snaked around her hips and his lips softly touching her neck. Tyger stole his cigarette.

"Yes, isn't it fantastic" I snarl.

Woah, where did that huge amount of sarcasm come from? I wasn't this upset about them, was I?

Porter gives me the evils, pressing harder onto Olivia's neck and pulling her closer to him.

"Well I'm happy for you both, you two make a cute couple" Jason chirps, in awe of them. He's such a fag.

"Aww thank you Jason, oh by the way I think charlotte is hoping you are going to ask her to go carnival tonight" Olivia smiles.

Carnival was tonight? How could I forget?

"R-Really? She wants me to take her to carnival?" Jason stammers, a little gob smacked that teachers pet charlotte liked him.

"Are you taking Olivia?" Tyger directs his question to Porter, and my ears suddenly perk up.

I didn't go carnival last year, I was still grieving over my moms death and I wasn't up for any social contact at that time. Porter promised he'd go with me this year so we could make up for last year. He wouldn't just ditch me now for some chick.

"Umm yeah, I'll take my princess if she wants to go" Porter smiles, glancing up at me before pecking at Olivia's lips.

I blink. Unsure if I was actually hearing this right. Porter, my life long best friend, the boy who is like a brother to me, is going to ditch me for some hot figured girl. No way. This isn't my friend, Porter can't let me run shop without him having to follow along behind me, and now all if a sudden he's taking Olivia Blake to carnival. This was our thing, this is what we do every year. We get dressed up, we go carnival, we stuff our faces with cotton candy, the we go and by caramel apples and eat them while we ride the Ferris wheel. Yeah it's lame but that's what me and Porter are. Lame, yet we find each other beautifully intriguing.

"I'm gonna be late for class" I snap, pushing passed Tyger and lee I make my way to the school entrance, quietly cursing at every one, including my self.

He shouldn't be taking that bitch Olivia to carnival, he should be taking me.