Status: Review by leaving a comment or sending me a message! Constructive criticism is welcome!

The Age of Two

Chapter 1: I fall from a building

I gaze calmly up at the giant ship lowering onto New York and then look down at the street below. Humans are taking refuge in shops and office buildings. I hear a large crack and look up. The Empire State building has broken in half and is falling toward the street below.

Humans stare, shell-shocked, at the building. I lift my hands and grit my teeth. The building's decent is greatly slowed, though I can't keep it from landing. The people below run, away from the beasts and the Empire State.

I make sure no one is on the ground below then set the the building on the ground. I was careful but can feel tremors shaking up the foundation. I clung onto the railing. The balcony gave way and I screamed. The balcony falls fast. I wait till the last second and jump inches from hitting the side of the building.

I hit the side of the Empire State with a crunch and a snap. Great, my ankle's broken. I gritted my teeth and stood up, ignoring the pain. I limped to the side of the building and look down. I winced. It's a long drop to the sidewalk.

Walking back, I break a window and crawl through the jagged edges. My red curls catch and I gasp, pushing up and pulling my hair off the edges. I see all the furniture has fallen against the opposite wall, there are no handholds. I grimace. "This is gonna hurt."

I jumped.

I land and then fall. The broken ankle throbbed. I spy a pair of crutches laying against the door and grab them. I would be unable to use them until I got back to the ground.

A desk is trapping the door shut. I use my mind to smash it apart. Splinters flew and I ducked. The door leans shut. I pull it up like a trapdoor and look down. It's a small room. There are cabinets nailed to the wall. I step on them to get down.

This time, there's nothing on the door. It hangs down. I grasp my way awkwardly down and take a deep breath. This will take far too long. I square my shoulders and grasp the crutches. Then I jump.

There's a long corridor. I fall down it and yell, reaching down with my mind and smashing the plaster, wall, metal, and electric wiring seconds before I would hit it. I stop when the building material turns to concrete and land on the earth below the torn-up sidewalk. It makes for a rough landing pad. I gasp involuntarily with the pain.

I stand and walk down to the corner. My energy is wasted and I duck into an office building to rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Hope you like my new fanfiction! You're probably all wondering how Two is alive! (In my mind.) That comes later! This is my first fanfiction about the Lorien Legacies. I've read all the books, etc, etc. Don't worry! This'll be great, I promise!