Status: This is a short story so it's not broken up into chapters. It's more read like a journal. First person.

The Disney Reality

Jamie's Nightmare

At around midnight, my parents told us to get into bed. They did not even care to tell us to sleep because they couldn’t do so themselves. I slept with Lisa and Jamie, in the middle like with mom and dad. Once my parents finally went to sleep at around 1 am, we were still wide awake. Jamie, who’s usually asleep by now, was awake and ready to hear what was happening to Lisa and I. We told him quietly and with both of our stories he was getting more and more anxious, physically shaking. He then revealed to us that he had also experienced something odd while being here.
He said that when he went to the bathroom back at Disney World on the day I experienced my “hallucinations”, he was the only one there. He said that when he closed the stall door, he heard something in the one next to his. He looked at the ground but there were no feet. He said the sound resembled something jumping or pounding meaning it was sporadic and loud. Once he finished using the bathroom, he said he went out and decided to check out the stall. The door was closed but not locked. He slowly opened it and saw...nothing. Just an empty stall. He said he chuckled, embarrassed at his apprehension. He then went to wash his hands and he said when he looked into the mirror, behind him was a noose in the stall where the noise came from. He said he shook his head and looked back down. When he looked back up, he said he saw the noose swaying side to side. He said he then heard a weak groaning, as if someone was being strangled. When he blinked, he saw something disturbing. He said he saw Mickey Mouse hanging from the rope noose around his neck with a dark liquid oozing from his eyes. The body was mutilated, he said. He claimed there were gashes across his torso and face. He then told us that when he looked on, Mickey’s head slowly looked up at him with a grin so sinister he felt chills run up and down his spine. He said that Mickey then muttered in a raspy tone “Let’s have some fun buddy…” before vanishing before his very teary eyes. He said he ran out of the bathroom and found mom, but knew she wouldn’t believe him so just kept it to himself.
Lisa and I felt oddly relieved that we weren’t alone in this. Has mom and dad seen anything? If they had, we knew they would never tell us.
Lisa then realized something. It seemed that only the children were affected by these strange hallucinations...if we want to call them that. They seemed way too real to simply be imaginary. She concluded that maybe since Disney “lives in the hearts of children” that it can only affect the children. It sounded pretty accurate, but the question still remained. Why would it be affecting children? Why have these horrid images and happenings embedded in such a fragile and impressionable mind? What could these images symbolize? As we talked about it, Jamie decided to bring up an idea that was both bold and dangerous with a hit of stupid. He suggested that we survey the hotel. Lisa and I twitched our upper lips at this idea, but Lisa then realized what could be accomplished in doing so. She thought if we did look around, we could find out many things like where these images came from, where the people all went and lastly why Mickey seemed to be the only one after us all. As reluctant as I was, I trusted Lisa and Jamie to have better judgement than I since they were older than me and both had experienced these nightmarish images. We then snuck out of the safe haven and into the dark halls of dread and nightmares.