Status: This is a short story so it's not broken up into chapters. It's more read like a journal. First person.

The Disney Reality

The Unbelievable Truth

I asked him what he meant by that, but as soon as I asked, the lights began flickering. A loud creaking sound was made as the lights flickered faster and faster. In this, I saw the Mickey mascot slowly rise from the floor and its head tilt to the left and twitching. I called out to Oswald that Mickey was rising, but the lights then went out and silence was back again. I then heard a loud ripping sound, like velcro off a sandal. The lights returned and standing in front of me were two black eyes and that sinister smile that has haunted me the past two days. Mickey was leaning into my face, heavily breathing. I looked around and realized Lisa and Jamie were not beside me. I called out for them to get no response. I looked back at Mickey and saw that, in his right hand, was Oswald’s head with green ooze dripping from the mouth and neck. His eyes were ripped out and his white was simply red. Mickey let out his signature chuckle as he dropped the head, which rolled itself to the other decapitated mascots, each with their eyes ripped out and ooze seeping through the bottom. I started trembling as Mickey stood up straight and looked down at me, showing me who was inferior in the situation. I asked him where Lisa and Jamie were. He let out a strange static sound from his non moving smile and stared at me. The static then turned into a radio report. Through the garbled speech, I could only make out a few words. Disney World. Ride. Families. Tragedy.
Still confused, I screamed at him to tell me where my family was. He continued playing the report which suddenly became crystal clear.
A man said in what seemed like a news broadcast: “Today, a tragedy happened at the famed magical land called Disney World. During a ride that has now been discontinued, some 15 people boarded the ride in hopes of having a fun time, when reality had another plan brewed. As the ride reach its peak at 290 feet, the seat belts all unfastened, leaving the riders vulnerable. as it went down the dip, three children sitting in the front flung from their seats and onto the track, where the ride then crushed all three children instantly. As it looped around, three more people were flung from their seats and landed on the concrete floor below from 150 feet in the air. The ride kept going, the engineers powerless at stopping it. One employee said that it was as if the system had been hacked. As the ride continued, more flung out of the ride, leaving a family of five still inside. Near the close of the ride, the family would have been safe, but the ride somehow fell off the track entirely and flipped over from 200 onto the concrete below. The bodies of two adults and two children were found. The identities of these people remain a mystery, for their faces were so disfigured, the paramedics had to draw blood and send it to the lab. The peculiar thing about this tragedy was that five people were on the camera, but only four bodies were found, including those who were flung out. Police say it was a little boy sitting between his alleged mother and father. Police are investigating the scene carefully, hoping to find the child. What a tragic day at the magical kingdom of Disney.”
The static returned as it died down. I stared at Mickey with teary eyes and asked him who the family was. In a dark whisper he responded, “Yours.”
Behind him, hanging from the ceiling, were four disfigured and mutilated bodies swaying back and forth. They looked like...my family. Mom, dad, Lisa and Jamie...they were hanging. I ran to them to find out it was a hallucination. Mickey, still with the fixated smile, began to tell me that I too had died. I refused to believe him, saying that he was a liar, a phony, and that all of this was just a nightmare.