‹ Prequel: Full Life Circle
Status: Work In Progress

Dash of Reality

A Renewed Chance

As soon as the Winter Classic was over, the families all began to pack up and leave. They had kids to take home for naps or maybe even complete some homework before going back to school on Monday.
The single guys actually were staying and helping to clean up the mess made by the entire party. I sent Abby and Pat home since others were helping us, but not without a fight. I ended up agreeing to her coming to do the hardwood floors tomorrow while I’m with Brooklyn at the doctor. It was a regular checkup and it wouldn’t take a long time, so maybe Brooklyn and I would check out the guys’ practice if Abby needed more time to finish the floors.
Brooklyn is down for a nap currently, Izzy is cleaning in the kitchen, and the boys are cleaning up the rest of the house. I decided that with Jon supervising, I could go upstairs and change. Once upstairs, I decide that instead of changing, I want to unwind and relax more than comfy sweats, I get in the Jacuzzi tub instead. I filled it with some amazing smelling bath soaps, I light some candles that add to the aroma of the bathroom that I have started, and I grab a book from my nightstand.
I get in once it is full to my liking and make sure the jets are blasting. The jets are working on my tense back as I dig into my book. It wasn’t anything suspenseful, but I enjoyed the romance behind it.
Before long, I was forced to look up from my book when I hear music begin to play. Jon was coming into the bathroom and looked like he was going to join me because he was shirtless and walking towards me in his boxers.
“Are the guys downstairs?” he shook his head and got in after dropping his underwear. I let him slide in next to me and I snuggled close to him. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me close. “Is it still a disaster down there? You weren’t cleaning for very long. Is Izzy still here? We really need to give her a bonus or something to show our gratitude for her help today.”
“Baby, calm down, everything is fine. The guys and I got it looking almost perfect, there are a lot of the guys that stuck around so it didn’t take long. It should be very close to your perfection standards,” he teased as he leaned in to kiss my cheek and then nip at my neck. I let out a small moan. “Izzy was just finishing the dishes and will lock the door on her way out.” He nipped at the base of my throat this time and I had to bite my tongue. I was really sensitive there and he knew it. “Brooklyn is fast asleep and won’t be up for at least an hour. Let’s enjoy some alone time.” This time, he sealed it with a wet kiss. I turned my body and found myself sitting on his lap. Unintentionally, he slid into me with this move and we both sighed in ecstasy. He bucked into me slowly, painfully so. He slowly got faster and I bit his neck which drove him crazy. He responded by going faster and so much harder. We got higher and higher until we had to let go. It was messy and water ended up putting out two of the candles – this fact made me laugh and Jon was really confused.
“We put out the candles on accident.” He chuckled a bit and kissed me. That was the end of our fun, we ended up cuddling in bed for a while and he got up for Brooklyn later that night while I slept.

The next morning, I awoke feeling nauseous. I have never felt this horrible before, I thought maybe some ginger ale would help so I headed downstairs. I entered the kitchen, it was still dark outside and so I flipped on the light to be able to pour some of the drink to help calm my stomach. It’s only six am according to the clock and Jon hasn’t gotten up for his workout yet. I have never been up before him without a reason and so this is rough.
I decide to sit on the couch and hope the feeling will pass, however, it doesn’t. I hear Jon come down at about 6:15 which is pretty usual. He finds me on the couch because I left the kitchen lights on when I moved to the couch.
“Hey, babe, are you feeling okay? You are never up this early? And you don’t look so good.” He came over and crouched in front of me.
“No, I feel horrible, it’s nausea. I tried ginger ale but that didn’t help. I kind of feel dizzy, I was over there in the kitchen, but when I began to feel the dizziness, I came over here. Maybe I shouldn’t take Brooklyn today. I don’t know what this could be and I shouldn’t be around her or other sick kids with weak immune systems.” He put a hand to my forehead and shook his head.
“You aren’t terribly warm. Maybe a little, but not sure. But I agree, you should stay away from Brooklyn today. I’ll call Coach and tell him why I won’t be there and Izzy can watch her here while I get my workout in later. Do you wanna stay down here or go back up to bed?” sometimes, Jon sounds more American than Canadian and when he says wanna, that is always one of those times. It is pretty sexy seeing as I’m American and he isn’t.
“Maybe I should go to the spare bedroom. It will help keep the germs away from both Brooklyn and yourself. We don’t need you getting sick as well as me. So, yeah, I’m going to go upstairs to the spare room. I’ll get in bed, watch some Netflix, and hopefully get some sleep.” I slowly get up as he watches me after backing away from the couch. I smile towards him, but end up going upstairs to wrap myself up in the comforter in the spare bedroom with Netflix on the large TV.
I must have fallen asleep because when I roll over, I smell food which makes me super nauseous again. I untangle myself from the blanket quickly and hit the toilet just in time. I clean myself up and go to the food to bring it downstairs. I have to practically hold my breath because just the stink behind it is the worst thing ever.
“Izzy, thank you for thinking of me, but this smell is making me sick.” I put the food on the breakfast bar and then move to the other side of the kitchen where she is cooking something that smells better. It is much unlike the chicken noodle soup that I just placed on the bar.
“Tell me your symptoms. I raised three kids; I may know what ails you. Jon said you weren’t warm this morning, are you now?” she stops pouring a mixture to feel my forehead. She begins to wash her hand as she replies. “You still aren’t. So tell me how you feel.”
“I’m super nauseous, I woke up before Jon and was feeling horribly. Ginger ale didn’t help, so I went back upstairs and slept. When I woke up just now, I smelled the soup and got sick. I still don’t feel any better considering I got sick.” Izzy turned off the water and looked at me with a big smile.
“My darling girl, you sound like you are pregnant.” I shook my head.
“Not possible, Izzy. We use protection and I’m on birth control. It took him and Ande months for it to happen without any birth control. We aren’t trying, hell, I don’t know if we are thinking about our future together. We definitely shouldn’t be having a baby when we are spending all our free time and energy worrying and taking care of Brooklyn.”
“Tell you what, you go upstairs and get a shower in. I’ll finish dinner prep and go to the store to get a test for you. You can choose to take it whenever you choose, today or not. Would you like me to make you something else to eat? I’m sorry that the smell bothered you,” I knew better than to argue so I just did what she said. That being said, I shook my head for something different food-wise, and headed upstairs.
While I showered, I thought about the possibility of me being pregnant. Like I told Izzy, is now really a good time for this to happen? We both are already so busy and Brooklyn isn’t doing so well either. The doctors aren’t pleased with her levels right now and things aren’t happening how we want them to. Are we looking at something that’s going to end of taking Brooklyn? Will there be a reason for Jon and me to stay together at all? Brooklyn was what brought us together and I love this little girl like my own blood. I can’t imagine being here, in Chicago, with Jon, in this house, without her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will post more this weekend :)