Status: Depending if people really like this ill continue

The Fallen

Chapter 1 Nightmares

Razor sharp teeth snapped in my face, I held the creature with all my might. My arms shook as the last of my strength slowly draining. Those teeth coming even closer when all the sudden it was ripped away from me. Surprised I fell forward onto the debris covered floor with a loud crash. Pain coursed up my arms as I sat up. The creature was being held off the ground its angry hisses breaking the silence.
Holding the creature up was a man a flash of shone in the dark. The thing in his grasp let out one final screech before going limp. He gave it a once over before tossing it across the room. It seemed like forever when he started coming closer his movements slow and graceful.
That's when I saw his features. Black eyes shone in the low light, claws wrapped around a blood soaked dagger.
Gasping I scoot backwards away from this new enemy my eyes landing on two tall objects behind him.
Black wings; blacker than any crow or ravens. They shimmer softly in the pale moonlight swaying this way and that as their owner moves.
"S-stay away!" I cry when my back hits a wall leaving me nowhere else to go.
"Claire wake up"
"Claire its a nightmare. Wake up!"
Gasping I jump upright eyes darting around, I try to catch my breath. A strong familiar arm wraps around my shoulders. Lucifer. Running a hand through my hair I feel myself slowly calm down from my nightmare.
Lucifer lay beside me one arm holding him up the other around me. He wore an annoyed scowl one dark brow arched.
"Now that your back in the land of the living. Can you please refrain from elbowing my ribs. It is quite annoying." he said laying back on our make shift bed.
"Your such a charmer." I sigh.
"And tour annoying" he huffs, eyes closed. He looked so relaxed.
"wish I could wake up perfect every day." the thought goes out before I can stop it.
"you would too if you wouldn't roll around like your on fire." Lucifer sighs a smirk on his perfect lips. Damn angels and tour mind reading.
Concentrating for a moment I severe the mental connection I have with him before I continue internally ranting about pissy angels and their perfect perfectness. the smirk left his face when he realized he could no longer hear my thoughts.
"haha" I grumble kicking off the blanket. He hates that I can do that.
"were are you going?" He snaps.
"none of your business" I reply, pulling on my torn up Metallica hoodie and tugging on my boots.
"It is my business" Lucifer hisses sitting yup a glare aimed at me.
"I'm going pee. Your Highness." I mock him hands on my hips.
We have a staring match for a moment before he growls "make it quick. I want to go back to sleep."
"what's the matter. Lucy. Cant you sleep alone." he growls deeply at the nickname but doesn't answer.
"dont worry. I'll be quick." I say grabbing my gun. "then you can continue your cuddle fest." I say exiting the bedroom and heading down the hall.
Once I do my business I wash my hands with a jug of water before starting back down the hallway. A noise from downstairs stops me in my tracks it sounded like footsteps. If it was Lucifer he would have mental messaged me. Sometimes I feel like a text message. Once I block him he can only PM me.
thump.
Quietly I take my gun from belt aiming it down incase it is Lucifer. My boots thump as I descend the stairs. Shouldn't of wore the damn things. They make to much noise. Bracing my feet I creep over to the wall separating the dining room from the stairway,taking a few breaths I turn the corner aiming into the dark room.
I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Strange since the noise sounded like it came from here.
"Claire" Someone whispered from the dark. My heart started beating faster it took everything I had not to turn and haul ass. Instead I backed up away from the room and the unseen voice.
"Claire. Were coming to get you." it says playfully.
A pale face appears moments later.
"Claire" it cackles slithering closer.
"Claire run!" Lucifer's voice stays sternly in my head.
"I cant. It has me cornered!" I dont get a chance to hear his reply as the creature lunges knocking me to the ground. Instinctively I put my boot on its stomach tossing it over my head. Scrambling to my feet I run up the stairs a tight grip grabs my ankle yanking me down.
"Where do think your going." He roars as we play a painful game of tug of war with my foot. I'm loosing when th grip releases suddenly sending my forward. Flipping over I find the creature at the bottom of the stairs howling in pain, Its hand no longer attached. Between us Lucifer stands wings stretched out, in hand his black sword shines with blood. Twirling the blade effortlessly he slices the wailing creatures head off with the precision of a viper strike. When its stops moving his ebony wings close and he turns to me. He crouches beside me eyes going back to blue.
"are you hurt?" he asks looking over my body. My cheeks heat up slightly as his eyes look over me.
"I'm fine. Just sore"
He didn't look convinced.
"I'm fine. Promise" I say softly placing a hand on his arm.
"ok. Lets go back to bed. I dont sense any more of those." he says nodding towards the creature.
"Yeah. Bed" I sigh shakily letting him help me up. It takes me forever to get to sleep. My mind replaying the events of tonight over and over. Rolling over I snuggle into Lucifer's body putting my head under his chin my right hand over his heart. My eyes droop as I drift into a somewhat peaceful slumber all my fear l
♠ ♠ ♠
Testing the waters. This chapter is decently long.