Life on Tour

Chapter 10

I woke up at around 4 in the morning. The dawn light crept through the windows, making Libby look absolutely gorgeous. I smiled at the thought of us next being alone together. I didn’t bother trying to fall back to sleep because I knew I wouldn’t be able to. Instead, I just looked at my beautiful girlfriend. It feels so good to call her that. I just can’t help but feel guilty about the whole thing. What the hell would Alex say?

“Hey!” Alex whispered a bit too energetically. I looked up and saw him on the bunk just above Libby's.

“Hey dude. How come you’re up?” I asked.

“I haven’t slept yet. I just can’t. I can’t get Hannah out of my mind. You ever get that feeling? With other girls of course.” He asked. I shrugged.

“Sometimes. Dude, get some sleep.” I told him. He shook his head.

“That’s easier said than done. Look, Hannah’s been a constant in my life for about 2 years, and she just all of a sudden moved on. It makes no sense. So it got me thinking, what if she cheated on me and never cared about me? I mean that would make more sense, right? It was easier for her to get on with me if she was with other people.” He started. I sighed.

“Dude, please! You need to stop obsessing over her. For one, she must’ve cheated on you. Not because you’re a bad boyfriend or anything, but because she only wanted her 5 minutes of fame by being with you. Secondly, her best friend is someone who’s awesome for you and you still haven’t figured that out. And also, there’s one person who needs you to stop more than anything else. She needs her big brother back.” I told him. I got up and walked to the lounge. So much for my plans of admiring Libby. Alex followed me and sat down.

“I just don’t know how to move on though. I mean, you keep on going on about this girl you like. You’re too scared to even talk to her about anything romantic. You’re too scared to even ask her out as a friend. Whereas I know who I want to be with, and I’ve been with her for 2 years, it’s just that it keeps on going wrong.” He said. I shook my head and bit my tongue about being with Libby.

“But Hannah wasn’t the one for you. I know you know that.” I said. He nodded his head.

“I know, but it still feels like she is. God. Why do I like her so much? She was a bitch!” He exclaimed.

“Exactly. Now, I’m gonna go shower, and you can go to sleep. You’re gonna need it for later. Tour bus party!” I said excitedly. I quickly hopped in and out of the shower and when I got out, Zack was awake. I sat down next to him.

“Hey dude. Alex is in a really deep sleep. You wanna draw on him?” He offered. I smiled but shook my head.

“No thanks. I’m good.” I said.

“Really? You’re usually the first one to suggest it. What’s wrong?” He asked. I shrugged.

“It’s just that I’m with the most incredible girl. Seriously. But her older brother is my best friend. We’ve known each other for so long. I just don’t want any of it to get screwed up by something stupid. What are you doing up so early anyway?” I asked.

“Working out. But dude, why do you think something’ll go wrong? You guys seem to get on perfectly, and god knows how happy you two are together. I don’t think any of us have ever seen two people smile so much before now that you’re together. Even Alex said he thinks there’s something different about you. He still hasn’t connected the dots, thank god.” He told me. I smiled. It’s true. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy before.

“Yeah, you’re right. I just want her to be the happiest person ever when she’s with me. Listen, I’m not gonna drink tonight to make Libby feel better about the party, can you try and distract Alex if he notices that I’m not drinking?” I asked. He smiled and nodded his head.

“Anything for the happy couple.” He joked. I giggled and got up to get myself a glass of water.

“Okay, make your jokes. Just not in front of Alex. I don’t want him to even get a whiff of us yet. Not until we’re ready to tell him.” I said. He nodded his head.

“Sure man. How’s it going with you two anyway?” He asked. I laughed as quietly as I could as I sat down. I took a sip of my water and shook my head.

“We’ve only been going out for what? Two days? I mean, it’s great so far. But I can only hope it stays that way.” I answered.

“Well do you see a future with her? I mean, I’m all for you guys going out, but I don’t want there to be any problems whatsoever. You’re not breaking her heart, man.” He warned. I nodded my head.

“You’re right. I’m not breaking her heart. I don’t plan on ever breaking her heart. If I do, I want you to literally slap some sense into me. No doubt Alex will try to do that when he finds out I’m with her.” I said.

“Dude, you’ve got to stop worrying about that. I think he’ll be fine with it.” Zack said. I shrugged.

“I’m not too sure he will be.” I sighed.

“Either way, you’re bound to be happier than you were before you started going out with her right? You’ve wanted to for so long and now you finally are. Listen, I’m gonna put my headphones in and do some push ups, but just take it easy. Remember that you’ve found the love of your life. Not many people do.” He said before jumping off the couch and starting his daily exercise routine. I finished my water then went into the back lounge to watch some TV quietly. I did that for a few more hours until I noticed my girlfriend walk into the room. I turned off the TV and smiled at her.

“Good morning.” I greeted. She smiled at me and gave me a hug.

“Morning Jack face.” She said. I giggled and kissed her forehead.

“So, guess what?” I asked. She smiled and shrugged.

“What?” She asked.

“Tonight’s the tour bus party. So I was thinking you might want to wear something sexy?” I suggested. She giggled.

“What did you have in mind?” She asked with a very wide grin on her face.

“You know! That sexy black dress that shows off your cleavage to just about here.” I said, pointing out that area with my finger which made her heart beat fast. I could see her blushing.

“You mean the dress I wore for my sweet 16th that I haven’t worn since and didn’t pack?” She asked. I sighed and nodded my head.

“That’s the one.” I admitted sadly. I was actually really looking forward to seeing her in that. She looked amazing. She kissed my cheek.

“Luckily we’re stopping about 5 hours before the party, so we can go out and get me something there if you like?” She suggested. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Sounds good.” I said. She gave me a peck on the lips then went out of the room. I presumed it was to go to the bathroom or something so I didn’t follow her. God. She’s the best. I wish I could’ve smothered her in kisses there and then, but there’s a time and a place for that, and unfortunately, that just wasn’t it. When she got ready she sat next to me and grinned at me. “What?” I asked, laughing at the face she was making.

“Let’s watch Sherlock.” She said. I laughed and nodded my head.

“Sure.” I said with a smile on my face. After a few hours, we finished the first two episodes. I was in awe. “I don’t understand. How can he just know this stuff?” I asked. She giggled.

“Trust me, it gets even better.” She said. We pulled up outside the venue we’ll be playing at tomorrow. It’s the only place the bus can park.

“Well, shall we go get you some nice clothes? My treat.” I offered. She smiled.

“Let me at least pay towards it.” She said. I shook my head and whispered.

“No girlfriend of mine should have to pay for anything. Now let’s tell them we’re going out.” I said. I took her hand and pulled her up. We then walked into the room where Alex was so we quickly let go of each other before he noticed anything. “Hey bud. How’s it going?” I asked in a sympathetic way. Good thing we’re staying in a hotel tonight. He’s gonna need to sleep for most of the night after how badly he slept this morning.

“I don’t know. I just think that everything’s getting to my head.” He said, rubbing his temples. I patted his back and sighed, still being sympathetic towards him.

“Listen, I’m gonna take Libby out shopping because she said she needed a few things…” I began.

“No, it’s fine. I can take her.” He said. I shook my head.

“Dude, you’re way too tired. Besides I need to get a few things for the party anyway. But can I get you anything while we’re out?” I offered. He shook his head.

“You’re a great friend, man.” He said, giving me a hug. I sighed. I wish I were, but I’m just not too sure being with his sister makes me the world’s best friend. Libby tapped me on the shoulder to remind me we still had to go out.

“See you when we get back, Alex.” I said. He let go of me and Libby and I walked out of the bus. I led her the way to the shopping centre. We made sure not to hold hands or anything in fear of anybody spotting us. I took her into a shop that had clothes I really thought would suit her. It felt almost like a montage. After loads of dresses just not being the right one, she came out wearing this gorgeous light blue bardot dress that stopped just above anything too racy. It honestly took my breath away.

“So what do you think?” She asked. She even did a sarcastic looking twirl, but that just made me love it more.

“I think it looks amazing on you, but at the same time, I want to take it off you.” I told her. She giggled and looked down blushing. Everything she does recently, all the little things, they just make me love her more than I ever thought I could.

“Well then let’s pay for it and go.” She said. I smiled at her.

“Wanna wear it out? I have a few more things to get for you.” I explained.

“What else?” She asked in confusion.

“Never you mind. I want to treat my girl.” I said, giving her a wink. I asked the person at the cash register if we could pay for it and let her wear it out. Thankfully we were allowed. I then took her to the hairdressers and paid for her whole her to be dyed so she had the rainbow colour she always wanted. Meanwhile a makeup artist from one of the local shops would be doing her makeup. I was told it would take a few hours, so in the meantime I did a bit of shopping for the party. I got loads of snacks and alcohol, and some drinks for me and Libby. I know she loves chocolate milkshakes so I got her one. I was about to reach for some juice when I was stopped by a fan.

“Oh my god! You’re Jack Barakat from All Time Low!” She exclaimed. I smiled and nodded.

“Hi there. What’s your name?” I asked, being as polite as I could be.

“Emily.” She answered.

“Well Emily, is there anything you’d like me to sign?” I asked.

“Can you give me your number?” She only half joked. I smiled. “Just kidding. Can you sign my phone case?” She asked. I smiled at her.

“Of course.” I answered. She took out a sharpie and took her phone case off her phone.

Dear Emily,
Keep up the awesome shopping work!

-Jack

I signed. She smiled and gave me a hug. I quickly hugged her back then took my juice off the shelf.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

“Shopping for a party we’re having on our tour bus later.” I answered. Honestly, this conversation was taxing. I love hanging out with fans and meeting them, but when I’m obviously busy it gets annoying having to be polite to them. I know she doesn’t mean any wrong, but I’m just a man going out doing tasks. Eventually she left and I was able to go back to Libby. When she saw me she smiled.

“What took you so long?” She asked. She was just about finished and I smiled at how gorgeous she looked.

“A fan saw me and wanted to talk. I couldn’t say no.” I answered. I saw her lips moving, but to be honest, I didn’t hear a word she said. I was just admiring her.

“Jack?” She asked, clearly having repeated herself.

“Yeah?” I asked, snapping out of my thoughts, making her giggle.

“What did you get?” She asked. I smiled at her.

“Snacks and stuff. I got you a chocolate milkshake.” I answered. She smiled happily.

“Awesome! I love chocolate milkshakes!” She said.

“I know.” I said. We both giggled at how excited she got. Once she was finished we went back to the tour bus. Rian was the first one to notice Libby.

“Whoa! You look very different. Good different, but different nonetheless.” He said. It made Libby giggle which made me smile. I can’t help it recently. Zack was the next one to come into the room.

“Your hair!” He said simply.

“You like it?” She asked. Zack nodded his head.

“Absolutely!” He said giving her a high five. Last but not least, Alex came in. His eyes widened when he saw Libby. I was almost scared that he was going to be angry, but luckily I saw him smile properly for the first time since Hannah left.

“Is this what took you so long?” He asked giving her a hug.

“Yeah. Jack surprised me with it.” She answered. Alex gave me a look of gratitude.

“Dude. She’s wanted this forever! We just never had the time…” He began.

“I know. I figured I’d treat you as well.” I joked, making him laugh.

“You look so good, Libby. We all have to be extra protective of her tonight, okay? All the boys are gonna want her.” Alex said.

“Come on, dude. Leave the kid alone.” Rian said.

“I’m just saying, everyone look out for her.” Alex said, pointing at all of us. I giggled.

“So you want us to be on Libby duty?” I asked.

“Basically.” Alex said.

“Don’t I get a say in this?” Libby asked.

“Not when you look this good.” I said, using my fake flirting voice I used to do before we confessed our feelings to each other. Libby chucked one of the pillows from the sofa at me and laughed.

“In your dreams, mate.” She giggled.

“I better get some sleep then.” I joked. I turned to Alex and saw him smiling. “What?” I asked.

“You haven’t done this in a while. I was starting to worry that you guys were fighting or something. Oh, by the way, I invited Debbie to the party.” Alex said.

“Ooh. Someone has a little crush methinks!” I said.

“No I don’t. I just wanted to thank her for being a good friend and for helping out with Libby, that’s all.” He said.

“Sure, dude.” Zack said sarcastically. Everyone laughed and helped with setting up the party. One thing’s for sure, I’m glad Alex doesn't suspect a thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG! I'm a slow writer sometimes. Anyway, I have a question to all those who are reading this fic. Do you want Alex to find out soon (as in the next one or two chapters) or do you want me to prolong it a bit? Your call. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter! Until next time! :)