Life on Tour

Chapter 9

“Rian, can I talk to you quickly?” I asked when we got on the bus.

“In a sec Libby. Alex is really bummed out.” He said. He gave Jack an angry look when he came back on the bus, but I pretended to ignore it.

“Why?” I asked.

“Hannah’s got a new boyfriend. Debbie wouldn’t tell us much, but from the sounds of it he’s got a lot of money and is willing to spend it all on her.” Zack told us.

“Is that really so surprising to him?” I asked.

“I don’t know. All I know is that he wants ice cream, so once I get it I’ll talk to you okay?” Rian said. I nodded my head. Once he got it I walked out of the bus with him. “What’s up?” He asked.

“You’re treating Jack like a dick.” I answered. Rian sighed.

“Listen to me, you guys just can’t be together.” He told me.

“Why the hell not? Because my big brother says so? He’s not too good at this relationship thing. We’re good together.” I said.

“Yes, but for god sake he’s 9 years older than you. He’s your brother’s best friend. I know all you see right now is him being the one but there has got to be someone better for both of you. It’ll cause too much heartache if you guys continue this.” Rian said.

“But I love him. Sure there’s gonna be a lot of major hiccups, but if we can handle that we can handle everything else. We’ve already handled you being against this. In some ways it’s worse than Alex not liking it because at least Alex has a proper reason, but you don’t. Please can’t you just support Jack and I being together?” I asked.

“You and Jack are together?” Zack asked from behind me.

“Crap!” I exclaimed.

“Zack, don’t…” Rian began.

“Yes. Yes we are. But we’re keeping it a secret from Alex until we’re prepared for him to find out.”

“That’s fine. When did this start?” Zack asked sounding very happy.

“Good question.” Rian said. “I saw them making out on the empire state this morning, but who knows if it was the first?”

“Rian, please!” I said in a desperate attempt for him to be okay with all this.

“This isn’t okay, Libby. I’m serious. I want you guys to be together just as much as the next person, but I’m more realistic about it. I know how much it’s gonna hurt both of you and Alex. I’m not just worried for you guys, I’m worried about my job too. If Alex and Jack don’t get along that would mean no more All Time Low and that’s something I just can’t have.” Rian said.

“Rian, calm down a second. You’re only thinking of the downsides of this. As long as we’re all supportive of them I really think it could work. God knows Jack and Alex’s parents always joked about them being a couple since Libby was 14. Alex and Jack will never stop being friends, no matter what.” Zack said.

“I’ll think about it, but until I’ve come up with a decision I don’t want to see you two doing anything romantic together, okay? I mean you lied to a magazine for crying out loud. If you two don’t want anyone finding out what’s going on you’re going to have to pretend there isn’t.” Rian said. I nodded my head.

“Fair enough.” I answered before going back on the bus. Jack was sitting with Alex so I decided to join them. Rian can really get on my nerves sometimes. I love the guy, don’t get me wrong, but right now he’s making me feel all sad.

“I just don’t get how she could move on so quickly. Was I not good enough for her or something?” Alex asked.

“She was a bitch, nobody can ever quench her undying thirst.” I said. Alex turned to look at me. He looked somewhat hurt, but Jack was trying to hide his laughing.

“That’s not fair Libby. I loved her.” Alex said. I rolled my eyes angrily. Everything was getting on my nerves.

“Of course you did. You loved her even though she hated me.” I said. I stormed off the bus while Zack and Rian were still talking, presumably still about Jack and I. Luckily they didn’t notice because they were so deep into their conversation. It took a while, but I reached a nightclub, and with a fake ID my friend gave me for my birthday as a joke, I got in. I bought my handbag with me so it was no trouble buying myself a drink. When Alex called me I turned off my phone. The music in the club was so loud and the lights were so bright, but in that moment I didn’t care. I just wanted to get drunk to get back at Alex and Rian. I don’t even know why I was so angry, I just was.

The only plus side about this whole day was the kiss. The kiss that made me melt. I’ve never been so happy until that moment. I completely melted into Jack and I felt him do the same. It was completely magical and all I’ve been wanting to do since it ended was to do it again. God. I’ve never loved someone so much. My hands were gripping his skunk hair throughout the whole thing because I just needed to try to get our lips even closer together. It wasn’t until the bartender offered me another drink that I realised just how much I wanted it to happen again. I got out my purse.

“What’ll it be?” He asked.

“Something strong.” I answered. He gave me a brandy and I handed him the money. I drank and drank until everything started to go a bit fuzzy.

“You alright there love?” A man sitting next to me asked. I shook my head.

“Libby?” A voice behind me asked. I recognised it, but I couldn’t quite place who it was. “It’s okay sweetie, we’re going to get you back to the tour bus.” She said. She stood me up and walked me out of the bar. I couldn’t really speak, but if I could I would thank her. Once we got to the bus I was sat down.

“Someone get her some water.” I heard Alex shout.

“Thank you so much Debbie.” Jack said.

“No problem. I’ll just leave you to it.” She said.

“No. Please stay.” Alex said. After that I must’ve blacked out because I can’t remember a thing. I woke up the next morning in a hotel bed with a banging headache. I was next to Jack and Alex. They must’ve kept an eye on me throughout the night. I tried to sit up but the pain was too much.

“Ow ow ow!” I hissed before leaning back down. It woke Alex up and he turned to face me.

“Libby? Are you okay?” He whispered to me.

“No.” I answered. My mouth tasted gross, my head was killing me, and I could feel Alex being disappointed in me.

“Here, I’ll get you some tablets.” He said. I took them gladly from him and swallowed it with water. Once my head felt slightly better I got up to brush my teeth. “Why did you do it?” Alex asked.

“To make you as angry as you made me feel.” I answered before getting back into bed.

“You did this to piss me off?” He asked. I nodded my head before closing my eyes. He sighed and stroked my head. “We’ll talk about it later, Libby. I don’t know what mum’s gonna say, but she’s gonna be angry as all hell.”

“I’m sorry.” I whimpered.

“It’s alright. Listen, we’ve got a show tonight but I think it’s best if you stay on the bus and try to get some rest.” He said.

“But there’ll be loads of fans screaming outside.” I pointed out. I heard shuffling from next to me so I opened my eyes. Jack was waking up.

“Maybe we could get you a room backstage. I don’t know. I’ll talk to Matt and sort it out.” Alex said. I nodded my head.

“Hey Libby. How you feeling?” Jack asked.

“Awful.” I answered.

“Well we had some on tour medics check you out and they said you’re fine, you just need plenty of rest. You’ve just got a major hangover.” Jack said.

“Listen, I’m gonna shower up in Rian and Zack’s room so I won’t make so much noise, then I’m gonna go get some breakfast. I hate to do this to you Libby, but we have to leave in 2 hours.” Alex said. I nodded my head. Once he left Jack stroked my hair.

“I know you feel absolutely shit, but I’ve got to say, I love waking up next to you.” He said. I couldn’t help but smile, even in this state.

“I love waking up next to you too. I’m sorry.” I said. He shook his head.

“It’s alright. I can’t not forgive you.” He said. I smiled and gave him a kiss. I didn’t know that every kiss with your boyfriend would always feel like the first.

“Did Rian and Zack say anything?” I asked referring to our situation. He shook his head.

“Not yet. Wait. Zack knows?” He asked.

“Yeah. He walked in on the conversation I had with Rian. Luckily he’s very much on our side. Rian said he’ll think about what he’ll do but I’m scared he’ll say he can’t let us be together. What if he tells Alex? I’m so not ready for that.” I said.

“Me neither. But whatever happens we’ll go through it together.” He said. I smiled up at him. We were about to kiss again until we heard the door open so we quickly pulled apart.

“Jesus Christ you two. Seriously?” Rian muttered before sitting down on one of the chairs in the suite.

“How’re you feeling, Libby?” Zack asked.

“Awful.” I answered.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better, Zack and I have decided that we’re gonna let this relationship thing happen as long as you are both really careful about it and you talk to us about any worries and stuff as well.” Rian said. I beamed at him.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah. I mean, I’ve gotta say I think it’s a really, really bad idea, but I know that nothing’s gonna stop you guys if it’s something you wanna pursue. And I have to admit you guys are actually good together. I just wanna make sure nothing bad happens to you guys.” Rian said.

“What made you change your mind?” Jack asked, with sheer happiness in his voice.

“Well, a lot of things. You were the first one to notice Libby was missing last night. You were there for her throughout the whole night, even when Alex couldn’t stay up. God you’re so protective of her but in the best kind of way. I don’t know. You’re just two puzzle pieces that fit together.” Rian said. After a long chat about Jack and I, I got showered, dressed, had the greasiest breakfast it was possible to eat, and I headed to the bus. Before I got in, Jack stopped me.

“So, are we boyfriend and girlfriend now?” He whispered in my ear.

“I’m not sure. I’ve never had a boyfriend before so I don’t really know what constitutes as one but…” I began but he began laughing.

“Shall we just say yes?” He suggested. I giggled and nodded my head.

“Sure.” I said. Since nobody was around, as soon as we got on the bus he kissed me. I’m never gonna get sick of that. “Wow.” I said happily once he pulled away. He let out a small giggle.

“Thanks.” He said. I smiled and sat down.

“So what happened yesterday? How did you guys find me?” I asked.

“Debbie did. Her friend works at that club so she went in to say hi and when she saw you she dropped everything and called Alex. She managed to walk you to the bus all by herself.” Jack answered.

“She did?” I asked. Jack nodded his head.

“God. She’s so nice. I like her. What happened next?” I asked.

“Well, after an unholy amount of panicking from all of us she slapped us into gear and told us exactly what to do. I didn’t know this but she’s training to be a nurse so we got extra lucky.” Jack answered. I smiled and gave him a hug. It didn’t stop until we heard footsteps coming towards the bus. We pulled apart and went to separate parts of the bus.

“I’m telling you man, she was totally into you.” Zack said to Alex.

“I don’t know you guys. I mean, I just broke up with her best friend of all people. I’m not ready for that yet.” Alex said.

“Come on dude. You’re gonna have to move on eventually, why not with her?” Rian asked.

“I’ll think about it.” Alex said before going to his bunk. He saw me in mine and smiled at me.

“Feeling any better?” He asked. I shrugged.

“A bit. What are they on about?” I asked.

“They want me to go on a date with Debbie. How weird is that?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I like Debbie.” I said simply.

“So you agree with them?” He asked.

“I never said that. I’m just saying it couldn’t hurt.” I answered.

“You can’t be serious?” He asked.

“Just do whatever you want. As long as we’re both happy.” I said. He nodded his head and I waited a beat before continuing. “Alex?” I asked.

“Yeah?” He replied.

“If I were to have a boyfriend in the future, you wouldn’t be unfair to him would you?” I asked. He shook his head.

“As long as he treats you right.” He answered.

“Good.” I said, content with the answer.

“But if he doesn’t I will make sure he can never go anywhere near you again, got it?” He asked. I giggled.

“Got it.” I answered.

“Good.” He said.

During the day all we did was sit around and listen to music and joke around, along with the others. Jack and I were careful not to act suspicious, but it was hard. Whenever we so much as brushed shoulders, Rian gave us a stern look. This isn’t going to be easy, but it’ll be so worth it. Throughout the whole day Jack and I were giving each other looks of love and admiration. I can’t wait until the day we’re both ready to tell Alex. I’m sure he’ll be alright with it after what he said earlier. Jack does treat me right, and I can’t wait to show that off to the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Good news: I'm going to be uploading a new story hopefully sometime this week called Clandestine. It's going to feature a whole new OC and I hope you guys like it as well. That's pretty much it. Until next time! :)