Status: trigger warning: sexual content / blood.

"I Can Resist Anything but Temptation"

"I can resist anything but temptation"

Gerard Way was swallowing himself in the depths of his own sorrows, honestly. It wasn't a sin. It was not a sin.
"I'm sorry, father, please hear me out," Gerard begged, bowing down to him as he couldn't hold eye contact.
"Those lyrics, the words," God's booming voice bellowed throughout Heaven. "About supernatural beings. Stupid vampires and ridiculous zombies. It may not be a sin; however, I dislike it greatly. Therefore, you are going back to Earth."
"Wait - you're not going to..." Gerard gulped, hard, feeling his pure white, broad wings ruffle nervously behind him. "Get my wings clipped, are you?" His voice was unnaturally high and squeaky.
God shook his head, once.
"Just redeem yourself before you give in," Was all God spoke, before Gerard was kicked out of Heaven, with a flick of God's wrist.
- - -
Gerard dusted the muck off of his black trousers. His tangled, long heap of shadowy black hair framed his feminine face, perfectly. Angels were always beautiful, but Gerard had been blessed with more. He had long, dark eyelashes which casted dancing shadows on his fine cheeks. He had sparkling, dark hazel irises with speckles of green in and a petite, pixie nose with rose-petal lips.

"What does he mean, give in?" Gerard frowned, straightening up. He dug in his jet messenger bag, and yanked out a plain black top. He had many t-shirts in his bag, as they were designed especially to cover his wings from prying eyes. Gerard was not to tell anyone that he was an angel. It's just not something you blurt out.
- - -
Gerard awkwardly wandered around the polluted streets, his hobnail boots clomping loudly on the cobblestone. There were numerous people, crowds of them, darting to different shops. Gerard preferred to avoid crowds, they intimidated him. Gerard found a comic shop, and pushed the fine oak door open. There was mossy green paint peeling from it - it really needed another coating. A dull bell rang as Gerard entered. He took hurried strides down the aisles and picked up numerous comics, then stood at the counter. A male with clearly-dyed black hair, and eyes rimmed with eyeliner stood there.
"Hi! I'm Pete! Have you got everything you wanted to get?" Pete queried, whilst scanning the many comics.
"I- Um." Gerard wasn't sure what to say in these situations. He hadn't been on Earth in centuries; God usually gave him jobs in Heaven, not on Earth, because he was one of God's favourites. However, Gerard knew that once he redeems himself, he was going to have to do tasks of Earth to get God's favourite position back. "I d-don't know?"
Pete gave Gerard a puzzled look, but grinned, showing his perfect teeth, nevertheless.
"Okay, dude," He packed his purchased items in a plastic bag and handed them to him. "You borrowing or buying?"
"What?" Gerard asked, weakly.
"Borrowing or buying?" Pete said, slowly, as if Gerard didn't speak English, eyeing Gerard with a questioning look.
"Oh, borrowing," Gerard mumbled, taking the plastic bag.
"Are you new here?" Pete narrowed his eyes.
"You could say that," Gerard nodded.
"Fancy coming out with me, Mikey, Bob and Ray?" Pete offered.
"I...Coming out?" Gerard raised an eyebrow.
"Hang out. At the pub." Pete chuckled lightly. Pete thought that Gerard must have memory loss or something.
"The pub? There is alcohol, and lots of sinning! It would be an atrocious sight!" Gerard exclaimed. Pete snorted with laughter.
"What's your name?" He said.
"Gerard,"
"Right, Gerard, you don't have to drink when you're out with us... But, man, there is going to be... 'Sinning' everywhere you go." Pete explained, his tone amused but soft.
"O-Okay," Gerard agreed, because he felt bad to decline as Pete was kind-hearted, he could see.
"Where do you live, Gerard? Where can I pick you up?" Pete queried.
"I-.." Lying is a sin. Gerard was going to have to say he's homeless. "I'm not living anywhere,"
"You can have one of my apartments I'm renting out. But, you don't have to pay... If you don't have a job," Pete told Gerard.
"No! You don't have to do that! I'm fine wandering around..." Gerard argued.
"Wandering around in NJ? It's true you're new here," Pete muttered. Gerard sighed and eventually agreed to have one of Pete's apartments for the time being.
"I'll pick you up there, at 7pm. be ready. Enjoy your comics!" Pete waved at Gerard as he left, after Pete had given the directions to the apartment. Gerard was warmed by Pete's generosity. He prayed to God to accept Pete at St Peter's gate. He deserved to go to Heaven.
- - -
Frank Iero was bored.
Really bored. He hated humans, hated everything on Earth. He kicked the stones across the ground, furiously. Lucifer had made him go back onto Earth because he refused to put his friend into the dungeon... Where they punish demons... Severely. He was told he was pathetic and too kind. Those words pissed Frank off so much.
"I'm not kind," He hissed, glaring icily at his inked arms. He could feel the tattooed scorpion on his neck, burning. The scorpion was a symbol, that Frank worshipped Satan, however, no human knew about that. They're too dim to figure out what the scorpion meant. Frank scratched the tattoo, and clenched his fists.
"I'll show you that you need me. I will make myself get back down to Hell, without the dungeon punishment included," Frank growled, scuffing the ground. Frank had short, jet black hair and piercing hazel eyes. He had a silver ring in his nose and another in his lip, and black plugs in his ears. He was hot. Like, really hot. He glanced up at the pub ahead of him.
"Time to fuck around with some poor humans,"
- - -
Gerard was in Pete's car, next to a skinny figure with a lanky frame and scruffy brown hair and rectangular glasses. His name was Mikey. In the front with Pete, was Bob. Dirty blonde hair and a growing beard with a lip piercing. Next to Mikey, was Ray. Ray had a dark brown afro. Small talk passed between the four, however, Gerard remained silent, not knowing quite what to say. Pete had told Mikey, Bob and Ray about Gerard's odd personality beforehand, therefore, they knew all about it. They arrived at the pub, and Gerard followed them behind. A sadness washed over Gerard, as he scanned the pub, noting down all the sins in his brain. Gerard wanted to go back to Heaven, really badly. Gerard plonked himself on one of the stools. Pete told Mikey and Bob not to order Gerard alcohol as he didn't drink.
"You don't drink!?" Bob exclaimed.
"Drinking is bad for you," Ray chimed in, protecting Gerard.
"Alcohol makes your body do things you shouldn't do. And that could involve sins." Gerard spoke, wisely. The four exchanged a look, however, they all shrugged. Gerard couldn't stand the smell of alcohol, anyway, whatever the guys had ordered really had a sour smell that made him wrinkle up his nose. Gerard was pretty, obviously, therefore, he had many eyes exploring his body as they strode past. It made Gerard extremely uncomfortable, and he attempted not to acknowledge the staring, because it made him feel a little wheezy. Lust was on one of the seven deadly sins. And those are worst than just sinning itself.

Gerard was oblivious to one pair of eyes, though. Those same hazel eyes that would pierce through your soul.

Frank could feel it, and he could see it as he spotted Gerard. The hot burning sensation on his neck, and then the sizzling like ice on the fire. He hadn't felt that since the battle between angels and demons, centuries ago. He hadn't felt the spark of electricity pulsing through his veins like adrenaline. When angels and demons touch, bad things could happen. They could both be damaged severely. As well as the feeling on his neck, Frank could just tell Gerard was an angel. Gerard was... Beautiful. He was fucking perfect. Frank smirked to himself. He was going to amuse himself. This time, not with humans. Frank grabbed his beer bottle that he had settled on the floor, previously, and took a large gulp before heading over to Gerard and sliding on the bar stool next to him.

Gerard's eyebrows furrowed together. Something was wrong. His wings felt as if they needed to escape, that Gerard himself needed to escape. The sensation made Gerard shake, causing him to rub his hands together to heat them up.

"Aren't you a happy Harry?" A low, smooth voice made Gerard's attention turn towards the short man next to him. Gerard remained silent. "Happy Harry that's lost his tongue, I believe,"
Gerard shivered, now vigourously rubbing his arms which had goosebumps all over them. Frank's lips curled into a smile as he watched Gerard do so, admiring Gerard's pale skin. Gerard's skin was so bare, it was like it was begging to be marked up.
"You cold?" Frank questioned, still not receiving an answer from Gerard. "God, it takes you a while to speak," Frank twisted his neck to slurp at his beer.
"I-... Don't use God's name in vain," Gerard mumbled, however, his voice only got quieter as his eyes settled on Frank's neck.

The scorpion.

No wonder why Gerard was shivering. It was because he was here.
"You've finally spoken, what a miracle," Frank mocked. Gerard just put his back facing Frank, and attempted to engage into the conversation that his other friends were having.
"Gerard," Mikey nodded to Frank next to him. "He's trying to talk to you."
Gerard shook his head at Mikey, violently. Mikey huffed, scratching his forehead at Gerard's reaction and then wandered off with the others.
"I like your name, Gerard," Frank spoke, rolling the r's in Gerard's name. Gerard spun back around, narrowing his eyes at Frank.
"And I hate yours," Gerard retorted.
"That's rude." Frank chuckled, darkly. "First of all, you don't even know my name, so that could be a lie. Lying is a sin. And, hate is a sin, isn't it?"
"You should know, I'm sure you've sinned numerous times in your life," Gerard whispered, harshly, although he still felt defenceless. Frank shot him an unnerving glare.
"My name is Frank," He ignored Gerard's remark.
"Okay," Gerard leaned in closer to Frank, despite the fact he really didn't want to, however, he couldn't get overheard. "Leave me alone, you know we're not supposed to even communicate with each other since the battle,"
Frank enjoyed how close Gerard was to him. A lot.
"Why should I leave you alone just because of some poxy battle?" Frank shuffled his stool closer, leaning against the bar. He whispered into the shell of Gerard's ear, his hot breath hitting Gerard's cool skin. "Or, do you want us alone? Y'know..."
Gerard snapped back, jumping from the stool.
"No. Absolutely not. You're a monster, we should never come into contact," Gerard wrapped his arms around his own body. "You should leave me alone,"
"Oh, Gerard," Frank tutted, shaking his head. "You would miss me too much if I left,"
"I don't even know you," Gerard walked back into the wall. Frank had cornered him.
"Then, you shouldn't make judgements about people before you know them," Frank smirked, placing his hands either side of Gerard's body.
"You're not exactly a person," Gerard shot back, ducking underneath Frank's arms and breaking free. Frank's eyes flashed black with anger.
"Why are you down here?" Frank called after Gerard who had eventually managed to find the others, standing with them and making the appearance like he was chatting like a human with them.
Frank cursed underneath his breath. He'll have to follow Gerard.
- - -
Gerard was unbelievably overjoyed that Frank soon vanished as Gerard showed no interest in him. Gerard was not going to get himself caught up in a web of sins, unable to escape. And he definitely was not going to get himself involved with... Demons. He shuddered with horror at the thought of how close Frank was, whispering that sentence into his ear. Why didn't Gerard push him away? Because, Gerard was anxious what would happen when they touched. Gerard knew he had holy water in his messanger bag with him, though, therefore, if Frank dared do anything, Gerard would splash him with it.

If Gerard had the courage to. Because, Gerard would never want to harm anyone... He is an angel, of course.

Gerard took hurried strides outside with Pete and the others. Pete dropped him off at his apartment.
"Thanks for coming tonight," Pete put his thumbs up at Gerard. "I know you don't like sinning," He joked, but Gerard didn't find it funny. Gerard just nodded and darted inside his apartment, rushing up the stairs. He yanked open his messanger bag and then stared at the notebook. That had the lyrics in. The lyrics about staking vampires and zombies and demolition lovers dying in a pool of blood. God hated those lyrics. Gerard carefully took the notebook out of his bag, and then cracked it open.

"Hand in mine into your icy blues," Gerard whispered. His eyes scanned the pages and pages of lyrics. He couldn't help himself, he started to sing them softly. "Know how much I want to show you you're the only one... Like a bed of roses there's a dozen reasons in this gun... And as we're falling down, and in this pool of blood, and as we're touching hands, and as we're falling down. And in this pool of blood, and as we're falling down, i'll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood, I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever."

"Nice lyrics, and amazing voice," A deep voice spoke. Gerard could hear the smirk. He could already picture those tattooed arms and alluring eyes. Gerard gripped the page in the notebook, and ripped it out. Then, he tore it into shreds. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, why do that?"
"God doesn't like them, they're all stupid, meaningless lyrics." Gerard carefully put all the strips of paper into the bin. He gave up, and just dumped his notebook in the trash altogether.
"Meaningless? Did you actually read them?" Frank scoffed, picking up the notebook and brushing the torn paper from it.
"W-Why are you here anyway? H-How did you get here?" Gerard felt vulnerable, Frank would soon find out how he got here, and he doesn't like the thought of Frank finding out that he has been kicked out from Heaven.
"I got here by your little human friends," The demon cackled. "I mean, c'mon. Did you expect me to just disappear and leave you be forever? Your friends are very easy to track,"
"I didn't expect, but I was... Hoping," Gerard managed to form a stable sentence.
"You're no fun," Frank pouted, and then he flicked open Gerard's notebook, making Gerard cringe.
"Don't read it, Frank," Gerard carefully walked over to where Frank was standing, by his bedroom doorway, and he went to grab his rightful property, however, Frank just moved it swiftly before he could nab it.
"Nu uh," Frank laughed, holding the notebook, still. "Try to get it, then. I wanna see you try,"
Gerard just wanted his item back.
"It's mine, just give it here," Gerard said, impatiently.
"Oooh? Is it now? You had abandoned it in the trash, though." Frank grinned, lopsidedly, clearly amused.
Gerard reached for it, again, however, Frank held it in a position that Gerard could only get it, if he touched Frank. Gerard instantly lurched away, shaking his head.
"I know what game you're playing. That's not happening," Gerard refused to move. Frank shrugged.
"Whatever you say," He said in a sing-song voice, and opened Gerard's notebook again. Gerard huffed and turned away from Frank, to his window. He tugged it open, and then sat on the window sill, Gerard's legs dangling outside. The moonlight shone on Gerard's face. "You can really song-write, y'know,"
"I don't care, those songs are going to be shredded," Gerard whispered, half-heartedly, leaning the side of his head against the window frame, gazing up at the stars.
"Why? I get why God won't like them though... I mean, a song about zombies and another about vampires... What a classic..." Frank smirked. "Why are you down here anyway?" Frank discarded the book behind him, it landed perfectly in the trash, as Gerard had wished it had remained.
"Because I am," Gerard wasn't giving anything away.
"What job are you doing?" Frank urged.
"No job," Gerard answered, swinging his legs back inside, and jumping down from the window sill. "You should leave. We shouldn't be talking. You shouldn't have ever talked to me,"
"Aw, but I want to," Frank complained.
"And I don't," Gerard spitefully said. Frank's eyes went completely black, showing his demonic side. Gerard suddenly became awfully nervous, backing away onto his bed, curling up beside the headboard. Frank grinned, showing his teeth, still with his completely black eyes that bore into Gerard's soul. "Leave me alone, leave me alone, please, please," Gerard hid his own face by burying his head between his knees, desperate to get the image of Frank with black eyes, grinning at him in the dark room, out of his brain. But it was branded into his mind.
"Is angelic Gerard scared?" Frank mocked, sitting next to Gerard on his bed. "You got kicked out, because of those lyrics, didn't you? Oh, I am cuddly, y'know."
Gerard lifted his head to view Frank, seeing that his eyes were still black. Gerard moved to the other end, needing to get away.
"Stop, with the black eyes." Gerard pleaded.
"How are they scary? Just because I'm showing my true colours," Frank sounded offended, but it was obviously put on.
"You have no colours to show," Gerard dared to say. "Only black."
Frank stood up, balling his fists up.
"You're no fucking fun, you little fucking angel." Frank growled, his eyes back to normal. "Look at you, so fucking perfect. All God this, all God that. Well, you know what?" Frank looked at the sky. "HEY! GOD! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! GOD'S SAKE! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! HOLY SHIT! OH MY FUCKING GOD!"
Gerard covered his ears.
"Stop! Stop it!" Gerard exclaimed. "Too. Much blasphemy. Stop it. So much sinning. Stop it."
Frank smirked. He placed himself next to Gerard again.
"Does it hurt you when I offend you?" Frank spoke in a purposely high voice. "Now you know what it feels like," And then he vanished.
- - -
Gerard's head hurt. He felt as if someone was repeatedly slamming on it with a hammer. He wanted to go back to Heaven, to be safe from Frank and his horrible personality.
"Take me back soon," Gerard whispered up to the bright day sky, as he sat down on a field, cross-legged, opening up one of his purchased comics. There were numerous people having picnics. Gerard just sat underneath a large tree.
"You seem lonely," A person said. Gerard held his breath as he glanced up, and exhaled loudly as it wasn't Frank. He could tell it wasn't by the voice, but he wanted to make sure. Instead, it was a male with long, greasy black hair and he wore sunglasses and a black jacket with skeleton gloves.
"I'm not lonely, I'm just... Alone." Gerard replied.
"Nice comic," The man complimented, and without asking, he took a seat underneath the tree next to Gerard. "I'm Bert McCracken,"
"Gerard Way," Gerard shook the hand that Bert held out for him.
"So, Gerard, what do you do for a living?" Bert questioned, making conversation.
"N-Nothing," Gerard stammered.
"Aw, don't worry," Bert smiled, geninuely. "I don't do anything apart from hang around and manage to survive,"
Gerard giggled at Bert's reply. Bert joined in with Gerard's laughter, because, after all, it was damn right adorable.
"How are you?" Bert continued. Gerard sighed, heavily. No lying.
"Troubled," Gerard answered, bluntly. "And you?"
"I'm great, and what's up? Anything you want to share? Don't worry if it sounds like a load of bullshit," Bert nudged Gerard, playfully.
"Well, let's say... Once upon a time," Gerard couldn't lie, therefore, he had to think hard before making it into a story. "There was an angel. Now, the angel wrote lyrics. The lyrics contained things like vampires and zombies. God disliked the lyrics, and kicked the angel out of Heaven."
"That's stupid," Bert commented.
"The angel found some friends on Earth, and they say 'come out with us'. To the pub." Gerard continued. "At the pub, the angel felt cold. Something was wrong. A demon was there. The demon found it funny to make the angel feel extremely uncomfortable. In the end, the angel leaves the demon alone and goes to find his friends. The demon gets annoyed and leaves. After that, the demon follows the angel home. Once the angel is home, the angel finds his own notebook. He looks through the notebook and then the demon appears. He reads everything. He doesn't know the angel has been kicked out though. The demon and the angel have an argument and the demon purposely scares the angel, so the angel insults him. Then the demon insults him back. Then the demon leaves. Now, the angel is troubled."
"Okay," Bert said, sucking in a sharp breath. "And that relates to you, how?"
"I-I...D-Don't..." Gerard stuttered, unsure of what to say. He had no idea why he just blurted that whole story out. He could've just said 'nevermind'. "I.."
"Basically, the demon is a twat and God is a dick," Bert finished. "End of,"
Gerard flinched at the insult against God. But the insult against the demon, Gerard didn't care about.
"T-thanks?" Gerard said, hoping to change the subject. They did, and began talking about random things.

Frank scoffed at himself as he watched Gerard talk to another male from afar. They seemed to be getting on well, Gerard laughing at most things he says. And Gerard talking for a while. And then them both talking.
Frank wasn't envious. He told himself, but he, hands down, knew he was envious of Bert. So envious, that right now, Frank would be perfectly happy to snap his neck in two in front of Gerard. It was a bright day, irritating for Frank. He hated the light. He had a beer bottle in his hand, despite the fact it was just in the afternoon. Frank witnessed Gerard leaning on Bert's shoulder, and the glass bottle he was clutching in his hand, had cracks in from where Frank dug in his fingers. The bottle ended up smashing in his grip. Frank kicked the sharp glass out of anger and then stomped up to them both.

"These are cool!" Gerard exclaimed, still sharing the earphones with Bert. He had to move closer because they were short wires. Gerard closed his eyes to just listen to the beat, and to just relax and melt away. Gerard thought about back home, in Heaven, with God praising him for doing certain jobs, and then his other friends there. He hoped that none of his angel friends ever had to put up with a demon when they were down on Earth doing a job. That would be horrible. Gerard continued thinking about his time in Heaven, whilst listening to the melody, until, he shivered. He wasn't cold this time, yet he was hot. A warm feeling spread throughout his body.

"Frank," Gerard said, before even opening his eyes. When he did finally open them, he witnessed Frank sitting beside him. They weren't touching, of course, or Gerard would freak out. Bert took out the earphones and put his phone away. Frank and no music made Gerard snap out of his paradise about Heaven and into reality.
"Who's this?" Bert asked, something in his tone suggested he didn't really like the look of Frank.
"It's Frank," Gerard muttered, shuffling away from Frank slightly and more to Bert. This irritated Frank. A lot.
"Y'know, don't get too close to Gerard," Frank began speaking, his eyes not looking at Gerard nor Bert, just staring ahead, a blank expression on his face.
"Why?" Bert snorted. "What are you going to do, throw me out on the highway or something? I mean, I doubt you'd manage that either, because look at you. I'm like a foot taller than you,"
"Bert, don't," Gerard whispered, however, it was too late. Frank stared into Bert's eyes, smirking.
"Wait, I thought you were already on the highway? I mean, because that's were most accidents happen, right? And you're obviously an accident," Frank shot back.
"Dude, not everyone is what you are," Bert retorted.
"I bet you wish you were what I am. I mean, I can squash you like you're a tiny ant-"
"Frank-"
"Gerard, I thought you wanted me to leave you alone? I'm not talking to you, yet to nice little Bert over there," Frank clicked his knuckles.
"Go on, then," Bert dared.
"Stop! Frank, leave him!" Gerard exclaimed, panic rushing through his body. He could see Frank's cogs in his mind turning, and he could see Frank wrapping his hand around Bert's neck and squeezing. Gerard only had one choice.
"Let's take this somewhere else, eh?" Frank stated, standing up. Bert and Gerard also did. Bert and Frank were about to walk off. Gerard counted to 10 in his head. Then he did something.

Gerard grabbed Frank's arm.

It was like a magnet. Frank didn't think twice, before pulling Gerard close to his body. Gerard panted, loudly, heat shot through him. Frank's skin was so hot - like burning hot, and it was running through his own veins, at speed. It felt as if a firework had produced a cascade of fiery sparks that ignited whenever they touched. It was like an electric shock, where there had been too much static, yet it felt so much better. Frank's eyes darkened, but not with anger as he ran a hand up Gerard's arm, experimenting. Gerard fell to his knees, his breathing loud and short. The touch was too good, it was too good for Gerard to even fucking stand up. He could just feel Frank's fingers still on his skin. He could just feel his own hand still on Frank's inked arm. Frank licked his lips, flicking his tongue off of his silver ring.
"Fuck, Gerard, you sounded so hot, fuck." Frank stated, and without thinking he ran his hand through Gerard's hair, as Gerard was kneeling still. Gerard closed his eyes, his breath hitching in his throat, and he leaned into the touch.
"Mmph," Gerard murmured, loving the feeling of Frank's fingers entwined in his hair. "Stop it, oh, please stop it,"
"Your mouth says no but your body says yes," Frank purred, looking down at Gerard. Damn, Frank was so fucking turned on.
"W-we c-can't - Oh." Gerard stopped talking as Frank's hand ran down from his hair, and his thumb ran across his jaw, and to his parted lips, running his finger over Gerard's bottom lip. Gerard finally found the little courage inside him, and he used the tree as support as he stood up. And then he slapped Frank's hand away, the heat immediately died down in his body.
"No." Gerard spoke, his words coming out all breathy. But then it happened, instead of pleasure, pain washed over Gerard. Frank wasn't even touching him anymore, yet it seared through him like a knife. "Ah - STOP IT!" Gerard clutched his stomach, leaning against the tree. "It hurts!" He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping the pain would disappear.
"Gerard..." Frank asked, wonderingly, cautiously. "Let me touch you again,"
"No!" Gerard shouted, almost too loud, standing up and staggering backwards. "You leave me alone," Gerard could feel something hurt. Gerard raised his hand to his mouth and ran his finger over his lips. His lips were bleeding. And there was a cut on his arm, dark blood dripping out of it. Gerard almost choked, and he bolted away to his apartment, eager to get away from Frank.
- - -
Gerard bandaged his arm. And he dabbed a tissue to the cut on his lip until it stopped bleeding. Both of the cuts still stung. It was from where Frank had touched him. Gerard wondered if Frank had been damaged, however, he shook his head. He didn't want to think of Frank anymore. He wanted to get away. He knew that whenever Frank touched him, it would cause him pain.

It was odd. Angels weren't damaged, unless by using a certain thing. A moon shot. It was a silver dagger which cut into an angel's wings, and also cut into an angel's skin. It was the only thing that could kill an angel. The only thing that could kill a demon was a sunlight shot. It was a gold dagger which cut into a demon's skin.

Then he realised. Of course, it would cut him. Of course, it would hurt him. It was to show that he had come in contact with a demon. It was to punish him. It was to get him away.

Gerard suddenly felt too over-whelmed to even rest his eyes that night. He felt like he was going to pass out.
- - -
The next day, Gerard went to a computer place. He shredded his notebook, watching the pages and pages of writing and effort and lyrics get turned into tiny strands of paper. After that, Gerard went to the comic shop, where Pete and Mikey were laughing. Gerard felt a wave of jealousy pulse through him. They had it so easy. But, Gerard stopped feeling jealous because it was a sin.
"What happened to your arm?" Mikey gasped as Gerard strode in, his small bandage still around his arm.
"Don't worry," Gerard smiled, softly. Pete and Mikey were both obviously worried. It made Gerard happy that humans can be the most friendliest creatures ever, too. "Do y-you guys believe in a-angels?"
"I do," Mikey blinked. Pete just looked over to him, shaking his head.
"You believe everything is real, Mikes," Pete laughed, softly.
"Angels are real," Mikey said, nodding to himself, a blank expression on his face. Gerard just continued smiling.
"Uh, g-guys... C-could I m-maybe stay in one of y-your places t-tonight?" Gerard stammered. He hated asking things of people, he wasn't greedy. Greed was a sin. "I-.. don't want to be a-alone,"

More like he doesn't want to see Frank again.

"Of course, we share a house," Pete explained. "You can come stay with us for a few days," Pete understood, he knew something was up because of Gerard's wounded arm. Pete and Mikey both wanted to know, they cared deeply for Gerard, as if he was their brother. He was fragile in New Jersey.
"Gerard, can I speak to you?" Mikey asked, quietly. Gerard nodded, curtly. Pete frowned a little as Mikey walked over to Gerard and pulled him to a corner, his voice barely a whisper. "I know what you are."
"How!?" Gerard squealed, his eyes wide. "Don't-"
"You're an angel. And Frank's a demon." Mikey had figured it all out. "I've seen Frank already, he enjoys to get involved in mischief... But you. You are all about being good and not sinning. You didn't want anything to do with Frank. And then you came in and asked if we believed in angels... And you don't like know anywhere. H-How did you get here?"
"Mikey, don't tell anyone, please," Gerard pleaded.
"I'm not going to, Gerard. You're like a brother to me." Mikey smiled, softly. Gerard returned it with a grin.
"I got here... Because I wrote lyrics," Gerard sighed, heavily. "About vampires and zombies... I shredded the lyrics this morning,"
"I hope you get back to Heaven, Gerard. It isn't safe for you down here," Mikey said, wisely. "Me and Pete can't be around you all the time, but stick to being unseen, but don't go in the shadows."
"I know, Mikes, thank you," Gerard was absolutely cheerful because of Mikey's concern.
"That cut," Mikey began unwrapping the bandage. It revealed a marbled, knotted wound. Mikey inspected it closer. "It's like... A burn? But it's a cut... It's like you burnt it on something really hot and then scratched it,"
"That's probably because Frank did it," The words stuck to Gerard's throat. "He touched my arm and that's what happened,"
Mikey's eyes went wide. Gerard's wings rustled nervously behind him. Mikey touched the wound and Gerard hissed.
"Sorry, sorry," Mikey repeatedly said, and wrapped it back up in a bandage. "You'll be safe with me and Pete,"
"Don't tell Pete..." Gerard weakly protested. "It's nice that I can trust you. And that I can talk to you. Thank you, Mikey. But, just you. If more humans found out, it would be chaos, and then they would find out about demons, and the battle of three armies would start."
"Three armies?" Mikey echoed.
"Angels, demons and humans." Gerard answered. "It's happened before in history, but it wasn't as big as the battle between angels and demons... That battle is why angels and demons can't communicate anymore. And definitely cannot touch."
"What happened in the battle?" Mikey had pulled two chairs over and they were sitting now. Pete was talking to a guy with many comics.
"Many angels and demons died," Gerard whispered, the scene flashing before his eyes.

~ ~ ~

"Filthy gone-to-the-dogs beast!" An angel attempts to run, but before she could, a demon grabbed hold of her wrists. The angel wrenches away, feeling the demon's fingernails drag against her skin, digging in like knives.
"Thou art a coward," The demon spits, gripping the moon shot beside his waist. The angel's eyes widens, like perfect crystals that are about to crack. "Without instinct," The demon surges forwards, and plunges the shot into the angel's wings. A sharp pain seems to pierce through the angel's heart, an agony riddling its way into the fissures of her bones. A dark premonition sapped at her and the angel let out an ear-piercing scream whilst the demon just smirks, a cruel, cruel smile.

This wasn't the only fight. Across the field, there are dark-red beaded pools of blood. Blood streams down from numerous angel's wings and demon's necks. The gleam in each angel and demon hand are clearly sunlight shots or moon shots used only as weapons not as defence, anymore. Moon shots and sunlight shots sliced into other sections of bodies, blood from the muscles, spewing. Skin is mottled with blood and flaking tissue and pus. Necks blaze in pain, and so do wings.

The Devil looks over the battle, a glint of evil shining in his eye.
God looks over the battle, a glint of goodness shining in his eye.
The Devil smirks.
God frowns.
"STOP THIS MADNESS!" God roars, viewing all the fights that's happening, the hundreds of angels and demons battling.
"What madness?" The Devil grins, darkly. He was God's favourite angel, and then he fell, as he became jealous of God's power, and then he became what he is now. "It's beautiful,"
"DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS, LUCIFER!" God is fuming.
"Isn't wrath a deadly sin?" Satan spits. God's lip twitches with anger.
"Something that you committed long ago," God's hand enveloped the fighting scene, and casts dust that falls like snow over each and everyone of the demons and angels.
"What are you doing!?" The Devil demands to know, his black eyes flashing up to God.
"Punishing." God replies, smoothly. "The madness hasn't stopped, so I will make it stop."

Chains grip demons' wrists. The demons struggle to break free, however, they are hurdled backwards, against a hard, never-ending brick wall. They are all chained.

Chains grip angels' wrists. The angels don't try to break free, they accept. They are also forced backwards, against a never-ending brick wall. God and Satan both go into human form, therefore, they are the same size as their demons and angels. God walks in between the walls.

"Why?" God questions.
"You know why," The Devil hisses. "It's your fault. All your amazing angels tempting my devious demons... Shouldn't it be the other way around?"
"They weren't tempting," God retorts. "They were influencing the destiny of humans,"
"That should be DEMONS' jobs. We should influence the destiny," Lucifer glares.
"What destiny would you give them? Serving you? With what? Murder? Sins?" God's eyes scan his angels, the wounded ones just hang their heads, in agony, their muscles tensing as if to try to stop the pain, but it only causes their blood to flow more. The ones that are only just a little wounded, stand up straight, facing the demons with such dislike. God's eyes land on Gerard, who is in the corner. He notices that he hasn't got a sunlight shot, and he hasn't been harmed.
"I would serve them what they deserve. Why are you pretending humans are beautiful? They're filthy," The Devil sneers. God ignores him and stands in front of Gerard.
"You didn't take part?" God asks. Gerard does not look at him in the eyes, to show respect. Gerard's black hair tumbles in front of his face as he stares at the ground.
"I think humans should decide their own destiny," Gerard whispers. "That way the bad ones will go to Hell to be punished, the good ones will go to Heaven to be gifted... Under no influence. However, I think angels should go and help the ones that are on the fence, good and bad. Angels are here to help, aren't we?"
God's smile widens when Gerard talks.
"I invite you to my chamber later," God informs, before standing next to the Devil again. "The punishment, is that whenever an angel and demon touches, from now on, it would feel fine, then there will be pain. And they will be damaged. If a demon touches an angel, an angel will have cuts on them, to warn them away, because they let a demon touch them... The angel will then want to be away from the demon as much as possible, because of this."
"What's the demon's punishment?" An angel shouts out, clearly still fuming.
"Nothing," Satan laughs, hollowly. "They shouldn't be punished, they already are in Hell, aren't they?"
"That's unfair," The angel replies.
"Come to the dark side," The Devil persuades.
"There will be a punishment for the demon," God interrupts.
"What is it? And I would never join you, Devil. Thou art the son and heir of a mongrel bitch." The angel scowls. Lucifer frowns, his pride wounded by the tone of the angel's voice and the words.
"The punishment is that the demon's scorpion will be branded even more into their skin," God announces.
"What?!" The demons growl, tugging against the chains but they only grip tighter. All demons remember the agony it is going through getting the scorpion on their necks. And having it marked deeper would hurt.
"It is decided," God returns to his actual size, then turns to the Devil. "Away, thou art a feeble fool,"

~ ~ ~

"Gerard? Are you okay?" Mikey waved a hand in front of Gerard's face as Gerard was deep in thought. He remembered God praising him for his opinions later on in the chamber. Gerard knew that Frank must have been there, in that fight. He knew that Frank probably fought with all his might. Gerard agreed with peace, not battle. With this memory, Gerard knew that Frank's neck would be hurting. With that, Gerard felt a little off, he was the one who touched Frank, at first. However, it was what Frank had originally wanted, and it was the only way to stop him from killing Bert. And, Frank enjoyed it. Frank wanted it again.

After those feelings, Gerard felt like the punishment probably didn't matter to Frank at all.
- - -
Frank was pissed off. He wanted to find Gerard again, but that fucking angel kept on hiding from him. Frank could just remember how Gerard first reacted, the way he enjoyed it, those moans coming from his mouth. Then the pain, the cut that rose on Gerard's arm and his lip. If it was the other way around, Frank would go through the pain for Gerard. But of course, that made no difference to Gerard. Gerard was avoiding him like he was the worst thing on Earth.

Which he probably was.

Frank's neck did hurt, badly and he knew why, however, he could put up with the pain. Gerard's pain was obviously far worse than his.

"Where is that fucking angel?" Frank growled, banging open the door to the comic store. Mikey and Pete were at the counter. Mikey sprinted to the back room, where Gerard was admiring more comics.
"Gerard, stay here, okay, Frank is here, stay here," Mikey whispered. Gerard froze, the only movement he could make was a slight nod. Mikey appeared out the front, just as Frank slammed his fists down on the counter.
"Where the fuck is Gerard?" He hissed, sharply. Pete guessed that Frank might have something to do with Gerard's cut, therefore, he remained silent.
"He's not here," Mikey lied, and Gerard heard him. Gerard quickly prayed on Mikey's behalf for forgiveness for lying, because he was only protecting.
"Where is he then?" Frank was furious. "I need to have a good ol' chat with him,"
"I d-don't know where he is," Mikey attempted to remain calm.
"Does anyone know where he is?!" Frank huffed.
"No," Pete spoke up, as Frank was glaring right at him. "Maybe he's trying to get away from you,"
"Maybe you should shut up before I break you," Frank snapped.
"It's probably true," Pete was daring. Gerard gulped, hard, he prayed for help, to get Frank away.
"Dear God," Gerard whispered. "Please, please, please, get Frank Iero out. The demon. He's going to hurt humans. Get him out. Somehow. Please. Amen."
"How is it true? What do you know?" Frank clenched his fists.
"Nothing," Pete shrugged. "I just guessed. I mean, you're not exactly the nicest person ever. And to be honest, if I was Gerard, I'd be hiding from you too,"
"You little fucker," Frank swore. Gerard could tell he had to do this on his own. God wouldn't get his prayers, there were obviously too many people praying to him already, and the phone was off the hook. Gerard darted out, Mikey slapped himself in the face because Gerard had exposed himself. Frank's eyes landed on Gerard, then trailed down to his bandage. He then looked at Mikey and Pete.
"Leave them alone," Gerard managed to say.
"They lied to me," Frank gritted his teeth. "To protect you."
"I'm sure you've lied many times in your life," Gerard swiftly spoke. "Now you leave, I don't want anything to do with you."
"You told Mikey, didn't you?" Frank narrowed his eyes. "You probably told him about how it hurt, didn't you?"
"Stop it, Frank," Gerard warned.
"But, you probably didn't tell him about how good it felt before, right?" Frank smirked.
"Fr-"
"How you moaned out? Did you tell him? How you gasped for breath? Like you were begging for it." Something in Frank's brain had clicked, he was pulling at Gerard's strings. Gerard looked up at the sky, hopefully. "Come on, Ge-" Frank was cut short, a pain pierced in his neck. "Fuck!" Frank gripped his neck, and leaned against the doorframe of the shop. "What have you done!?"
"Nothing," Gerard frowned. "I prayed,"
"You prayed for me to- Shit!" Frank clawed at the scorpion which was digging into his skin. "Get hurt?!"
"For you to get out," Gerard corrected. "I am against hurting,"
"Stop it, Gerard!" Frank shouted, his eyes flashing black. Gerard had to get Pete and Mikey out.
"You guys, go!" Gerard hurried Pete out of the shop. Mikey refused.
"No, I'm not leaving you, Gerard.. With that demon," Mikey protested.
"You will be hurt, I won't. He hasn't got a moon shot," Gerard knew Mikey didn't know about the moon shot, yet, so Mikey was obviously confused. "Just go!" Mikey looked upset, deeply moved, as he left the comic book shop, the door slamming behind him.
- - -
"What the fuck happened, Mikey?" Pete exclaimed as they were out the shop. "How did you know this was going to happen!? How did you know about Gerard's cut!? What the fuck is Frank?! He's not human - his, his! Eyes!"
Mikey clambered in the car, switching on the engine.
"I can't tell you, I told Gerard I wouldn't tell you." Mikey announced.
"Oh, come on! You've known Gerard for like a few days and you're keeping his secret instead of telling me!?" Pete shouted.
"Gerard is like my brother." Mikey replied. "I'm sorry,"
"So much as you loving me," Pete spat. Pete and Mikey were secretly together, they just weren't open. Mikey slammed down the brakes.
"I do. So much. I love you, Pete Wentz," Mikey told him. Pete kissed Mikey, it was short but sweet.
- - -
Frank eyed Gerard who was behind the counter.

I'm alone with Gerard. The thought entered Frank's mind, and he smirked.
I'm alone with Frank. The thought entered Gerard's mind, and he gulped.

Gerard really liked Frank. Underneath the layers of goodness and the repeatitive reminder in his head about needing to be redeemed, he liked Frank. He just didn't want himself to get into trouble, and trouble seemed to be the definition of Frank himself. Therefore, Gerard was not going to show he liked Frank. He was going to lock it up like it was a dirty secret, which it was. Until, Frank finds the key.

"I'd go through the pain for you, y'know," Frank spoke up, his neck no longer hurting. He stepped behind the counter, closer to Gerard.
"That makes no difference," Gerard whispered, backing away and quickly slipping past Frank.
"It's such a shame about that battle," Frank purred. "You'd just enjoy my touch, and there would be no pain," Frank moved from behind the counter, following Gerard.
"I didn't fight anyway," Gerard muttered. Gerard was thinking, if the battle didn't happen, would he be under Frank's charm now? He shook the thought away from his head. It was true though, the only thing that was keeping him away from Frank was the pain. There was just something about Frank, the way he smirked, those tattoos, that face. He was gorgeous.
"So, you technically shouldn't be punished," Frank had cornered Gerard again. "I'm wondering, if I kissed you, would your lips like drop off?" He laughed, loudly. Gerard didn't really find it funny, so Frank was the only one laughing. Frank frowned, reaching his hand near Gerard's face. Gerard flinched back, banging his head against the wall.
"Ouch," Gerard murmured.
"Do you have wings, Gerard?" Curiousity laced Frank's voice. "Or have they been clipped?"
Gerard's wings moved behind him at the thought.
"No, they haven't been clipped," Gerard said, proudly. "God believes in me. I'm one of his favourites. Remember? He walked up to be in the battlefield and asked me why I didn't take part. Then he liked my opinions. From then on, I've been his favourite."
"I remember," Frank said, bitterly. "Why are you so proud? You just have so much high expectations that rest on your shoulders."
Gerard frowned but didn't answer.
"Can I see your wings?" Frank queried, hopefully.
"No!" Gerard squeaked. "They're private,"
"Oh, come on, live a little," Frank inched closer. If he got any closer they'd be touching. "I'll grab your hand,"
"Fine!" Gerard huffed. Frank moved back, smirking at his own success. Gerard's hands shook as reached to the hem of his t-shirt. Frank just watched him, his eyes looked hungry. Gerard finally slipped off his top.

His wings were revealed.
They were made of long, soft feathers like the fur of a polar bear. They were whiter than a soft coloured cloud on a bleating summers day, so white that a pure glow seemed to emit from them. They were broad, too.

"Oh, wow." Frank gasped, his hand twitched as he reached out, not touching the wings, but he really wanted to. Gerard bit his lip, hard, his eyes on Frank's hand. "You're so beautiful," Frank murmured, his eyes exploring Gerard's bare upper half of his body, then his wings, then his legs.
"Thank you," Gerard blushed, deeply.
"No, honestly," Frank shook his head. "You're prettier than any other angel,"
Gerard didn't know what to say. He was speechless. Frank was being so nice... It was so unlike him.
"Go ahead," The words came out of Gerard's mouth before he could stop them. "You can touch my wings,"
Frank was shocked, as his hand came into contact with the feathers. They were so soft, like exceedingly soft. Frank's hand ran from the top of the left wing, to the tip. He then ran his fingertips along the top.
Gerard breathed in, sharply, he could feel the heat pulsing through him again, and a burning sensation of desire built in his stomach. Desire. Gerard couldn't think straight, his brain had literally turned into jelly. Why was he feeling desire? Lust? Frank's hand moved from Gerard's wing to his shoulder, then Frank ran his hand down Gerard's chest, leaving black marks. Gerard felt tingly all over, and he breathed out, heavily, again.
"Shit, Gerard, wow." Frank mumbled again, his eyes drinking in the sight of Gerard. "You're so perfect, dammit..." Frank's hand trailed back up to Gerard's face, and he placed his hand on the back of Gerard's neck.
"Thank you. I mean, wings are-"
"I'm sorry, I just-" Frank couldn't help himself, he literally couldn't resist. He pulled Gerard closer, and collided his lips with Gerard's.

Gerard made a pleasant sort of noise of approval. It was a few soft pecks, nothing complicated, at first, until Frank just couldn't take it, again. He had been starving himself from not doing this, he had been trying from the first day he met Gerard not to do this.

Frank deepened the kiss, his hands hot on Gerard's skin, on his back, on his face, on his ass... He touched everywhere possible. Gerard moved his mouth against his, whimpers escaping his throat. He was so needy. Frank slammed Gerard with force against the wall, pressing his body against Gerard's, whilst kissing him frantically, open-mouthed and with his tongue. Gerard ran his a hand up Frank's back, already tugging needily at the bottom of Frank's shirt, whining. Gerard's right hand then crept up Frank's shirt, massaging the skin on his waist.
"Oh, fuck yeah, Gerard, yeah, just like that," Frank moaned. It was so encouraging. Frank yanked Gerard from the wall, and tangled his fingers in Gerard's hair, tugging hard. A deep moan escaped Gerard's throat. A stack of comics were in Frank's way, so he kicked them over, not caring if they fell messily on the floor. Gerard was shoved against literally every single surface Frank could find, until they got to the counter. Frank pushed Gerard down onto the countertop, then climbed on top of him, keeping himself up by placing his hand either side of Gerard. Frank just watched Gerard pant, heavily for a minute, seeing Gerard's pupils dilated.
"Frank, just-" Gerard tugged on Frank's arm as Frank stared at him, not touching him or anything. Frank smirked.
"You want it, huh?" Frank grinded his hips down against Gerard's.
"Uh! - Yes!" Gerard groaned. "Please just-"
"Last time you ran away..." Frank's hand wandered down Gerard's chest, and to his waist.
"Stop teasing, just.." Gerard complained. Frank, without second thought, ripped off Gerard's jeans. Frank then attached his mouth to Gerard's neck and collarbones, biting hard on the skin and sucking and kissing, leaving dark, almost black marks all over Gerard's pure skin.
"Always wanted to," Frank panted. "Mark you up,"
Gerard pulled Frank closer to him.
"I imagined it, biting your skin," Frank whispered into Gerard's ear. Gerard keened high in his throat and tugged on Frank's shirt.
"T-take it o-off," Gerard begged. Frank did as Gerard asked, sitting up for a moment to strip off his top.

Something in Gerard's mind told him to stop. Telling him that he's an angel, what is he doing - why is he doing this with a demon?

But, Gerard just ignored it. His mind had turned fuzzy, because whenever Frank touched him, he felt that senastion, the burning.

Frank took off Gerard's boxers, leaving Gerard fully exposed, but Frank was only shirtless. Frank kissed and bit down Gerard's chest, leaving a trail of hickeys. He got to Gerard's waist and licked a stripe along it.
"Nnghh... Frank," Gerard breathed, his eyes shutting. Frank took the whole of Gerard in his mouth. Gerard's eyes popped out of his skull. "FUCK!"
He didn't even mean to swear. Gerard never swore. But, it just slipped out because of the amount of pleasure. Gerard's hands gripped Frank's short black hair, tightly, as Frank licked up Gerard's dick. Frank wrapped a hand around the bottom of Gerard's dick, as he sucked only the tip, sparks shot through Gerard's body, and he was so fucking close as Frank hollowed his cheeks and sucked harder on Gerard's cock.
"Close- Frank," Gerard moaned. Frank pulled away just to piss Gerard off. Gerard banged his fist on the counter. "Seriously!?" He whined, and then sat up, shuffling closer to Frank. Before Gerard even knew what he was fucking doing, he was all down on it, grinding against Frank's thigh. Frank was totally getting off on how horny Gerard was. Frank's eyes bore into Gerard, so fucking turned on. Gerard grinded against Frank's thigh for a 5th time, then came.

Gerard's head was spinning, and it felt like he was on fire. He flopped on the counter, on his back, closing his eyes and not being able to breathe properly. Frank was sitting there, his hard-on obvious in his jeans. He was so turned on, his dick hurt. Frank tugged off his own trousers and boxers, and wrapped his own hand around his own dick, pumping himself. As moans slipped from Frank's mouth, Gerard's eyes wandered over to where Frank was, watching him. After only 3 strokes, Frank came.

Their breathing was heavy and Gerard felt as if he was going to pass out - but in a good way. Frank coughed before laying down on the counter too.

After Gerard got his energy back, he yanked on his lower clothing, then walked back to the corner to get his top. He pulled it on and then saw the comics all over the floor. He smacked himself in the face. Then he realised he also swore.

And then he realised that he also just got a fucking blow job from a fucking demon.

Gerard. Way. Was. Fucked.
- - -
Before Frank even had a chance to persuade Gerard to stay, Gerard was out the door, like a lightening bolt.
"I'm sorry, father, I messed up big this time," Gerard muttered. He sprinted to a church, and sat outside it, curling himself up into a ball, and closing his eyes, praying, and begging for forgiveness. He reminded God about all the good things he had done. And then he told God that he couldn't resist temptation and apologised over a hundred times.
"Redeem me, God. If I'm back in Heaven, I have nothing to distract me. I have no demon to fool my mind... I even will do jobs on Earth for a while, and I will avoid the demon, I promise. Just please, please. Don't clip my wings. Don't send me away forever,"

Gerard didn't leave outside the church for that day. He stayed there, depressed, spending his whole day trying to get forgiveness.
- - -
Frank huffed to himself. He had just gotten Gerard underneath his grasp, and then Gerard, like the good boy he is, left.

Fucking angel.

Frank had cleaned up the surfaces and floor, so there would be no suspicions, but he couldn't be bothered to stack the comics again, and he left.

Frank saw Mikey and Pete later on, he saw them panic about how Gerard wasn't there that night and how he hadn't returned since. Frank strode over to them.
"Gerard's fine," Frank stated, giving them a smirk. "Well, he is currently begging for forgiveness. I'm hoping he doesn't get it," And leaving two dumb-struck males alone, Frank vanished again.

Frank really hopes that God won't forgive Gerard. Because then Gerard will maybe join him...
- - -
"Chantal! What are you doing down here?" Gerard sniffed, looking at his friend from Heaven, her wings flapping behind her.
"I need to tell you some news, I'm a messenger now," Chantal landed on Earth, beside Gerard.
"What news?" Gerard bit the corner of his mouth.
"You're forgiven." Chantal spoke.
"Really!?" Gerard's face lit up like a fucking lightbulb. "Oh, my. Really?!"
"Under certain circumstances," Chantal began. "You will have to do jobs on Earth, after going to God and explaining everything for a second time, as he lost half of your prayers in many human ones,"
"Okay," Gerard swallowed, hard. Having to explain that he did that with a demon to God in person, was worse than anything he had ever imagined.
"Your wounds will be healed, also." Chantal told him. Gerard had received many cuts over night, but they didn't sting that much.
"When am I returning?" Gerard asked.
"Today, now." Chantal replied.
"Wait! I need to say goodbye!" Gerard exclaimed.
"I will come with you, to make sure you don't say goodbye to the demon," Chantal muttered. Gerard nodded with understanding. "You won't have a punishment. God cherishes your existance in Heaven far too much to punish you. He also believes your perpective of hurting is correct. No one should get hurt. Your punishment will be your guilt,"
Gerard nodded. He was feeling guilty already.

They eventually found Mikey and Pete, they were hanging out with Ray and Bob.
"Who's this?" Pete asked, as Chantal stood behind him.
"A friend," Gerard spoke, gently. "I am leaving now,"
"What?!" Mikey almost spat out his drink.
"I am returning," Gerard smiled. Mikey grinned back.
"I'm so happy for you!" Mikey hugged Gerard.
"Thank you all for your generosity for when I was staying here. I am going back to my home. Thank you for being so kind and helpful," Gerard told them.
"If you ever need a place to stay if you come back to NJ, then hit me up," Pete nodded towards him.
"Where do you live anyway?" Ray asked.
"Somewhere far away from here," Gerard laughed. "You won't be able to visit, unfortunately,"
Mikey and Gerard exchanged a knowing look.
"Goodbye, friends. Thank you. God bless you all." Gerard whispered.
"And you too, Gerard!" They chorused. "Goodbye!"
They all hugged Gerard, Mikey was the most upset that Gerard was leaving, but the happiest, as he knew where Gerard was going.
"Be good, bro." Mikey ruffled Gerard's hair.
- - -
Gerard and Chantal stood at the edge of a cliff. Gerard had his messenger bag on his shoulder. His comics were still in there, because he wanted to keep them, even though he told Pete he was 'borrowing' them. His t-shirts were all in his bag, too. Gerard was topless. Chantal wasn't, but white cloth covered her chest. They both jumped from the cliff, their wings carrying them up to Heaven, and soon they were just a spot in the sky. They landed on a cloud, St. Peter's gate. The gates opened to greet them, and, Gerard strode in.
"GERARD!" Many of his angel friends ran up to him and hugged him and congratulated him for being redeemed. Gerard had never felt this happy and proud. Despite the fact he felt as if something was missing, he was happy. Chantal left Gerard, as he arrived at God's chamber. He knocked three times on the door, and it opened. Gerard stepped inside. God turned into his human form, to be less intimidating.
"Hello again, Gerard Arthur Way," God greeted, a kindness in his eyes. "Explain to me,"
Gerard told him everything. He didn't go into detail about what him and Frank did, of course.
"Miss Chantal told you that you're going to do Earth jobs, for a bit, didn't she?" God asked.
"Yes, she did." Gerard nodded. "I completely understand. Thank you for your kindness, God. This could have been so much worse."
"I am all loving, all caring and all powerful." God spoke. "I have faith in you, Gerard. I believe what happened between you and that demon pest was just due to his powers, and nothing to do with you. I believe in you."

Gerard smiled at God.

But, for some weird reason, the smile felt forced.
- - -
Frank was concerned. He hadn't seen Gerard for days. He decided he would have to, unfortunately, make contact with his stupid human friends. The dull bell of the comic store rang as Frank stepped inside. Mikey and Pete were at the corner. Mikey looked a little down than usual, but he was happy at the same time. Pete looked fine.
"What do you want?" Pete asked as he noticed Frank lurking in-between their aisles of comics. Frank saw that the comics that had been knocked over, where now completely neat. Frank walked up to the counter, looking at the surface, memories filling his brain.
"Where is Gerard?" He questioned.
"Why would we tell you?" Pete retorted. "Last time it went badly, didn't it?"
"You didn't tell him, he appeared himself. He's not hiding in that back room, is he?" Frank scowled.
"No, he's not," Pete answered. Mikey remained silent.
"Don't lie to me," Frank growled.
"He's not in there," Pete repeated. Frank was about to check himself, when Mikey spoke up.
"He's not in there, get over it." Mikey said, his voice was so sincere, that Frank almost believed him.
"I doubt it," Frank pushed past them and checked the back room.

Empty.

Frank arrived back in front of Mikey and Pete.
"Didn't we tell you?" Pete shook his head.
"Where is he? Where have you hidden him?" Frank queried.
"He's not here." Mikey uttered. "He's not in New Jersey,"
"Yeah right! Stop lying!" Frank yelled. "Why does nobody tell me the truth?"
"1) You're a dick." Pete chuckled. "2) We are telling you the truth, surprisingly."
"Where is Gerard?" Frank answered.
"He left! Get it in your head! He returned." Mikey exclaimed, as if something inside of him had snapped. "Now, go away, you're nothing but pure evil."
"He returned?" Frank echoed, stepping backwards in disbelief. He returned? How the heck?!
"He returned." Mikey confirmed. "Back to his home. He deserved it."
Frank felt betrayed, and angry and upset all at the same time.

God had forgiven Gerard and Gerard had redeemed himself.

Gerard accepted to go back to Heaven.

Frank kicked the wall, with full force, and then punched open the door, then left. He went to the pub and got himself drunk on sadness.

MONTHS LATER...

"This is your last job on Earth," God told Gerard. Gerard felt the weight of his shoulders lift. "It's to test you. And then you will no longer have to go back to Earth."
"What is it?" Gerard asked, rubbing his eyes and looking at the ground.
"It's to stay in a certain place until I get Chantal to get you back," God announced.
Gerard frowned. That didn't sound too hard. Why was it to test him? Was it going to test if he did any sins there or something?
"Where will I stay?" Gerard queried, feeling confident.
"New Jersey,"

Gerard's confidence slithered into the drains, as soon as the words left God's mouth.

No.

He couldn't make him go back there. Not with... The demon. Not with what happened.

Gerard now knew why it was a test. He swallowed, hard

"You have no choice but to accept, and you know that," God's voice was firm as he saw the colour wash from Gerard's face.
"I know," Gerard whispered. "I accept. When do I go?"
"Tonight," God replied.

Gerard's hopes and dreams had been crushed right in front of him, and there was no way he could stop it.
- - -
Frank Iero was still on fucking Earth.
Lucifer hadn't taken him back yet, it was to punish him.

Since that angel left, he hasn't been the same. He had stuck to the shadows and he had committed murder numerous times, without getting caught. He had been so sad, recently. That angel was special. Fucking special. That angel was the reason why Earth wasn't boring.

And he had been gone for months, yet Frank was still depressed over it.
- - -
Gerard landed on Earth. He wandered back to his favourite place on Earth, the comic book store. Gerard opened the door, it squeaked at his presence. He saw Mikey and Pete.

Wow.

Mikey had changed. Mikey had ditched his rectangular glasses and beanie. He had cut his hair, and dyed it black, and he wore eyeliner. Mikey was wearing a plain black t-shirt. (BLACK PARADE MIKEY). Pete looked the same, though. Mikey looked up as the bell rang.

"Oh my God," Mikey whispered.
"Don't be-"
"Blasphemous? I apologise," Mikey cut Gerard off. "Gerard, I cannot-" Mikey didn't finish his sentence, and hugged Gerard tightly. Pete turned around and saw Gerard, and hugged him too. Gerard was overcome with happiness.
"How- Why did you come back?" Mikey frowned, deeply, hoping that Gerard hadn't got himself kicked out. He wanted the best for Gerard.
"I have a job. To stay here until they need me again," Gerard told Mikey. Mikey understood immediately. It was the ultimate test.
Gerard scanned the comic store. It had a different layout and in the corner there were bean bags, where 5 men were sitting and had action figures.
"I like the new layout... And Mikey, your new look! Very nice," Gerard laughed. Mikey smiled.
"Thank you, oh... Have I told you? Me and Pete are together... We're openly gay now. It used to be a secret but now... We're open." Mikey seemed proud of himself. Gerard nodded, he was happy for him. Being homosexual was a sin, but it would be hypocritical if Gerard said that.

He was just happy that he had some time with Mikey and Pete and the others again.
- - -
Frank sat in the pub, his tattooed hands gripping the beer bottle, loosely. He rubbed his eyes with his other hand, and then gulped down the whole beer. He ordered nine shots and took them all. Alcohol didn't effect him, whatsoever, unless he had loads. Frank stood up and strode out of the pub.

His eyes wandered up to the sky, as they did everyday, knowing that Gerard was there. Probably forgotten about him. Frank shrugged that thought away.

No. Gerard couldn't have forgotten him. Gerard probably has tried to forget him, but he couldn't.

Gerard probably hated him.

A pain stabbed Frank in the ribs at the thoughts in his mind. Always so negative.
- - -
Gerard moved into Mikey and Pete's house for the time being, instead of his old apartment. Mikey and Pete insisted that he moved in with them. Gerard felt warm because of their protectiveness.
"Despite the fact that you're a little odd," Pete began. "Everything was so weird when you were gone,"
Gerard snorted, cutely with laughter.
"Probably because you didn't have me following you around and telling you not to sin," Gerard giggled.
Mikey and Pete laughed, as well. Gerard's laugh was infectious.
"We should go to the movies, tonight, to see The Hobbit." Mikey announced. Pete and Gerard agreed, nodding thoroughly.
- - -
Frank was just lurking around in the shadows as usual, when he felt something really odd. Something in his gut told him to go to the movies. Frank only got the gut-feeling if it was his powers telling him where his prey was.

Frank sighed, and went with his gut, arriving at the movies. He didn't even know what film to pick. He decided to just watch everyone else buy a ticket, and to see if someone would come around.
- - -
Gerard and the others arrived at the cinema. They stood in the queue, until they got to the front. They purchased 3 tickets for The Hobbit. When they stepped out of the queue, Gerard felt it.

Cold. So cold.

Frank's burning sensation grew and his head instantly turned.

"Holy shit," Frank muttered, his eyes resting on the angel that was walking with Mikey and Pete. "No fucking way," Frank rubbed his eyes, violently. Was he hallucinating because of the alcohol? No. Frank never got affected that badly. Frank shoved everyone in the queue, no one dared to argue. "One ticket - same as those three," Frank asked. He looked down. The Hobbit. He then followed Mikey, Pete and Gerard.

The angel was back. Frank was so hyped up, he didn't even know what to say. He felt so giddy and excited, he couldn't stop fidgeting as he sat down, right next to Gerard as Mikey was in the middle. He knew about Pete and Mikey. Frank scoffed to himself. What if Gerard was there to change Mikey and Pete? Nope, Gerard wouldn't do that... Frank shuffled in his seat. He felt the magnetic pull towards Gerard that he had always felt. He was so nervous, he was sitting right next to the angel who he blew off, then the angel just disappeared. Frank was agitated that he, a demon, felt nervous. He told himself that he was confident.

Gerard wasn't cold anymore, yet he was hot. Too hot. Gerard looked around, frantically, as the lights dimmed. He looked at the floor, and saw some black jeans and converse next to him. Gerard's gaze travelled up the man's body, the tattoos on his arms seemed awfully familiar, then his eyes landed on his face.

Oh.

Dammit.

- - -
Gerard ignored Frank as much as he possibly could throughout the film. Gerard couldn't even concentrate probably on the screen though, he was always looking around, but making sure not to look beside him. Once the film had ended, he stood up immediately. Pete and Mikey stood up, and so did Frank. They were about to leave, when Frank stood in front of them.
"Gerard," Frank muttered. Mikey and Pete both scowled at Frank.
"Leave him alone," Mikey murmured. "He's here to stay for a job, not for a punishment,"
Frank instantly knew what he meant. This was a test for Gerard to be good.
"Gerard, please, just let me talk to you.."
Gerard was frozen, rooted to the spot like he couldnt move.
"Gerard?" Frank went to touch Gerard's wrist, but Gerard swiped it away, just in time, shaking his head.
"No." Gerard's voice cracked. "Don't screw this up for me, Frank," And then Gerard ran down the steps, and out of the room.

Well, that went well. Frank thought, sarcastically. Fine. I tried to be nice, but I guess he just wants it the hard way.
- - -
Pete and Mikey were asleep in another room, as Gerard sat up in his bed.
"Why, God?" Gerard whispered. "He found me again, how? I don't understand why..." Gerard ran a shaky hand through his long, messy black hair.
"How? Gut-feeling. Why? Because you're back again and when you left I wasn't the same," The low, smooth voice made Gerard anxious.
"Don't act like you feel proper emotions for me, Frank," Gerard whispered, laying down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.
"Why should I pretend I don't? I'm not acting, Gerard." Frank replied, walking over to his bed. Frank kept his voice quiet, he didn't want Mikey or Pete awakening him. Frank stared down at Gerard.
"Don't lie, it's a sin." Gerard huffed.
"I'm not lying. If I told you I felt nothing towards you, that would be sinning because I would be lying," Frank answered, sitting beside Gerard.
"Why can't you just leave me alone?" Gerard said, weakly. Frank glanced at the bedroom floor, glaring at the carpet.
"I can't stay away from you," Frank breathed. "I just... Can't."
Gerard rubbed his eyes and turned to face the wall. Frank laid down beside him, careful not to touch him.
"Can't you just give me a chance?" Frank murmured, his hot breath hitting Gerard's shoulders. Gerard turned around and faced Frank, his face inches away from his.
"I want to get back to my original position, Frank." Gerard answered. "Why can't you join me in Heaven?"
"No." Frank laughed, bitterly. "God won't accept me, anyhow. But that would be wrong... It's not where I belong,"
Gerard looked into Frank's intimidating eyes.
"I tried," Gerard spoke, quietly. Frank reached his hand out, and Gerard jerked away. "Stop it,"
"I'm sorry, I just... Miss you," Frank ran his index finger down Gerard's jaw.
"Frank - don't," Gerard whispered. "Don't do that,"
"I can't help it," Frank murmured, running his finger down Gerard's neck and feeling his pulse pick up.
"You can, just pull your hand away," Gerard said, through gritted teeth.
"It's not that easy," Frank answered. "You're so addictive,"
"S-stop," Gerard's voice had gone embarrassingly high. He wanted it, though.
"You're worse than any drug," Frank continued, then he replaced his finger with his mouth, kissing softly up Gerard's neck.
Gerard wanted it. He wanted it so much. It was just against his whole life.
"I've got a plan, Gerard," Frank spoke, loudly, tugging Gerard closer to him, their bodies linked like a golden band, again.
"W-what i-is it?" Gerard said, then moaned softly. Frank placed his knee between Gerard's thighs and applied just the right amount of pressure. Gerard's eyes widened again, and his breath hitched. "Frank,"
"You could join me," Hot fingers crawled up the back of Gerard's neck. "Join me as my soul mate in Hell,"
Gerard lurched away, recoiling instantly, his back pressed up against the wall. Frank extended his arms towards Gerard and Gerard was certain that they were going to embrace again, and he felt as if he needed it, his body drawing in.
"It's a way to stop living like this," Frank continued, and Gerard sat up, straight, scrambling around Frank and Gerard climbed off of his bed. Frank sat up too, his hazel eyes pleading with intensity.
"No. I would never," Gerard muttered. Frank narrowed his eyes.
"Gerard," Frank breathed in, sharply. "I love you."
The words swirled into Gerard's ears and they made Gerard's heart flip with happiness.
"I love you, too-" But, Gerard immediately cut himself up. "Saying that is not love, though, Frank. It is... Crazy."
"Crazy? When you left I got drunk on my sadness because I wanted you back," Frank growled. "It's not crazy. If you joined me in Hell, I will be accepted again. You will be accepted, definitely. No angels have traded their place in Heaven for Hell. Lucifer would accept our love, too, because of what you previous were."
"No! This is wrong!" Gerard cried. Then, he realised Mikey and Pete were in the other room so he had to be quiet. "God will hate me, we will both be punished anyway, if I joined you."
"You're weighing out the views?" Frank asked, hopefully. "Will you consider it?"
Gerard almost melted at Frank's gaze. There was so much heat and passion in Frank's hopeful gaze, that Gerard wanted to cry. Frank stood up, striding towards Gerard. He cupped his cheek and stared into the depths of his eyes.
"I know I've never shown it properly, but I do love you." Frank whispered. "I know I've just shown want, and I've irritated you by following you everywhere but that's because I love you,"
Gerard shivered.
"Frank," He sighed. Frank kissed Gerard softly on the lips, it was different to the other kiss. It wasn't rough, it was soft and delicate. It was a simple, open-mouthed, sweet kiss. Gerard found himself pulling away after sometime, his eyes opening and his heart heavy. "I'm sorry,"
"Gerard! Why can't you at least just- Think about it!" Frank exclaimed. "Seriously! You've been kicked out from Heaven before, and now you're being tempted to sin again, and you should realise - this is where you belong... With me..."
"No, I can't... I won't." Gerard said, stubbornly, turning away from Frank again, staring at the shadows on the bedroom floor.
"Fine." Frank sniffed. As he said this, Gerard twisted to face him again. Something was gleaming in his hand.
"W-w-what is that?" Gerard asked, a lump was stuck in his throat. Frank held it up.
A sparkling, shining moon shot. Gerard backed up against the wall, terrified. "D-don't, F-frank, please don't-"
"See! You don't know how much I love you!" Frank shouted. "You think I would kill you, huh?" Frank snapped the moon shot in half in his hand, the sparkle soon died and it faded to a black colour, signalling that it no longer works. "The thing is, would you kill me?"
Frank took Gerard's hand in his, and placed a golden shot into his palm. "If we cannot be together, I don't want to survive,"
"No, Frank, this is insane!" Gerard shook his head, hard, as Frank made him grip the sunlight shot.
"Kill me." Frank's chest rose and fell.
"No- I can't... I won't," Gerard replied, examining the shot, and he snapped it in half. "I'm against violence. And I would never kill you."
Frank watched the shot also turn black.
"If you don't join me," Frank began. "You will return to Heaven, and we will never see each other again..."
"Why can't you join me in Heaven?" Gerard retorted.
"Because God won't accept me, that's why!" Frank exclaimed. "It's obvious! He doesn't fucking accept demons, Gerard. Don't you know that? There is a difference between God and Lucifer. Lucifer accepts angels. God does not accept demons."
"How do you know Lucifer accepts angels? You said that no angel has traded their place," Gerard returned.
"Because, Lucifer was once an angel himself! And getting an angel to go to Hell would be the best thing that has ever happened!" Frank pulled at his own hair, almost ripping it out. He was frustrated. "Don't you understand!? This is the only way! Join me, please,"
"I'm s-sorry," Gerard whispered, he could feel water building up in his own eyes. "I c-can't,"
"Why?" Frank said, weakly, a look of disgust on his face. "I would."
"You don't understand what you're asking me to do," Gerard shook his head, tears falling from his eyes. "We need to return to our own homes,"
"You're saying we're never meant to be?" Frank grinded his teeth in his mouth.
"God is right. Angels shouldn't mix with demons," Droplets of water made a soft noise as they fell on the floor from Gerard's eyes.
"You said it. You really fucking said it." Frank shook his head, laughing a false laugh that obviously tasted bitter in his mouth. "Is that what you really think? You're going to... Leave? Just like that?"
"Frank, please, I never said-"
"Then what are you going to do, Gerard?!" Frank smiled, sadly as a silence settled. "I knew it. Just hear me out, please." Frank inched closer to Gerard again. "Please,"
"I can't, I can't, I can't." Gerard cleared his throat. "I'm sorry I just. I love you. But, I have to stay in Heaven! You don't understand! I've...! I've given up so--!"

Gerard was cut off by Frank pressing his lips against his, shoving him against the wall again. All thoughts disappeared from Gerard's mind, as Frank bit his bottom lip, visciously, and ran his hands up and down Gerard's body as Frank moved himself against Gerard. The words had just died on Gerard's lips, turning into breathy moans. Frank ripped Gerard's shirt off, watching it land on the floor, torn. Frank then tugged off his own shirt, and then placed his mouth on Gerard's neck, finding the exact spot that made him tick.
"You little - uh!" Gerard moaned, loudly, as Frank bit and sucked on Gerard's sweet spot. Gerard clawed at Frank's bare back, leaving bright red scratch marks across his skin. Frank hurriedly pulled down Gerard's trousers, and Gerard kicked them off himself completely, then pulled at Frank's waistband. Frank got the hint, and discarded his trousers too. Frank ran his fingers down Gerard's back, and to his ass, squeezing it as he kissed Gerard's collarbone. Gerard was like jelly in Frank's hands. Frank pulled Gerard from the wall, and pushed him, hard, onto the bed. Gerard fell on his back onto the bed and Frank climbed on top of him, grinding against him, feeling Gerard completely hard against him.
"So beautiful," Frank whispered, as their boxers fell on the floor. "Wanna fuck you,"
"Mm," Gerard gave a noise of approval in reply.
"Actually wanna fuck you. Been thinkin' about it- fuck," Frank muttered as Gerard raised his hips and made their crotches move against each other, creating friction.
"P-please," Gerard whimpered. "N-need i-it,"
Frank nodded, and flipped Gerard over, so that he was laying on his stomach. Frank ran his hand down Gerard's back, softly, admiring the view.
"Get on your hands and knees, pretty," Frank ordered. Gerard did as he said. "Pete and Mikey must have lube in here somewhere," Frank searched the drawers. He eventually found lube and a condom. After slicking Gerard up, and rolling a condom on his dick, Frank positioned himself at Gerard's entrance.
"Ready, babe?" Frank whispered. Gerard nodded, eagerly. Frank pushed in, slowly at first, kissing down Gerard's back. Frank was careful not to hurt Gerard, he was positive Gerard was a virgin because of how tight he was, and the fact he was an angel. After adjusting to Frank's dick, Gerard pushed his hips back, impatiently.
"M-more," Gerard whined. Frank smirked, widely and began to thrust faster into Gerard, moving harder, searching for that certain spot.
A sharp cry of pleasure escaped Gerard's lips, and he rolled his hips up. Frank knew he had found Gerard's prostate. Frank repeatedly hit that spot.
"You're gunna have to hurry up and cum soon, baby, unless you want Mikey and Pete finding out what a dirty boy you are," Frank purred in Gerard's ear. The filthy words made warmth pool up in Gerard's stomach. "You're gunna cum without my hand, babe? Are you gunna cum without being touched?"
"Y-ye-s.. Gonna-" Gerard couldn't even finish his sentence, what Frank was saying was just so fucking hot. Gerard came, hard, panting, heavily, and he had to cover his mouth with his hand to stop his moans from being so loud.
"You're s-so f-fucking t-tight," Frank gasped out, and then Gerard purposely clenched around him. Frank came after that, and pulled out of Gerard. He yanked off the condom and tied it, then chucked it in the trash.

"D-don't r-run a-away," Frank managed to say. He cleaned up Gerard's cum from the sheets, and then laid down beside Gerard. Gerard didn't move, he didn't speak either, but he didn't move. He didn't run away. A single thought was on his mind, and the same was on Frank's mind.

Was that our goodbye?
Does this mean we're over?
Will we go our seperate ways?
After finally giving in to their love, will it be already time to part?
- - -
Gerard's eyes flickered open. He doesn't sleep, of course, it's just he rested his eyes. The morning light shone on both his and Frank's naked bodies. Gerard looked at Frank, and a sadness washed over him. Gerard got out a new t-shirt from his messenger bag and pulled it on, then yanked on his jeans from yesterday. Frank opened his eyes, shortly after, as he didn't sleep either, of course. He got changed too, then Frank and Gerard just stared at each other. A sound coming from the window, startled them both, and then Gerard opened the window, a bright gleam, then a flash, and Chantal stood there, her broad white wings causing light to shine in the room. She looked at Frank, with hate and disgust, then smiled at Gerard.
"Well done," She congratulated Gerard. "You gave into temptation, yet you didn't,"
"Huh?" Gerard scratched his head, trying to ignore the fact that Frank was sitting on the bed, his head in his hands.
"You sinned yet you didn't agree," Chantal told Gerard. "You didn't agree to go to Hell with that... Thing."
Gerard's eyes watched as Frank's muscles tensed at the insult, with anger. Gerard didn't know what to say, so Chantal continued.
"God said your job is done. He knew Frank was going to ask you to join him, and that is why this was your final test. You can now go back to Heaven, and stay there. Good job, Way. Meet me at midday on the cliff, and we shall return." And with that, Chantal turned into a sparkle again.
Gerard looked at the time.
9am. He had 3 hours left on Earth.
He stared at Frank, as Frank stood up, shaking. Frank punched the wall, with force, the plaster breaking. Gerard flinched at Frank's fury. Frank spun on his heel and walked over to Gerard.
"You have 3 hours," He laughed, falsely again. "3. Fucking. Hours."
"It's quite long," Gerard said, trying to brighten the mood.
"Quite long!?" Frank exclaimed. "You're immortal, Gerard. You could have forever with me-"
"Don't do this, again," Gerard opened the bedroom door, and poked his head out, seeing Pete and Mikey out in the corridor, chatting.
"Hi, Gerard!" Mikey said, cheerfully. Gerard just nodded. Mikey frowned. "What's up?"
Gerard turned his head back to see Frank still standing there, his fists clenched by his sides, the sweetest sadness in his eyes. Gerard stepped out, and closed his bedroom door behind him. Mikey walked up to him.
"Are you o-" Mikey didn't even finish, before Gerard burst out crying. Mikey hugged Gerard, tightly, as he cried on his shoulder.
"I-I-," Gerard hiccuped, sniffing loudly. After he had calmed down, he spilled it all out on Mikey, poured out his heart.

"And now, I'm leaving in 3 hours," Gerard wiped his eyes.
"I'm so sorry, I don't know what to do," Mikey whispered. "Just... Go with what you think you should do. If you go with Frank, good for you. If you go to Heaven, good for you."
"I'm not going with Frank!" Gerard told him. "I am God's favourite. I cannot leave my position in Heaven for the fires of Hell... Never. Never. Never."
Mikey just nodded.
"So, I guess this is it? I need to say goodbye to you for definite," Mikey laughed, sadly.
"Yeah," Gerard sniffed again. The two boys embraced, and Pete came along and joined the cuddle. "Thanks for looking after me, bro. Despite the fact I'm older than you."
"Don't worry, I know you've got my back now," Mikey laughed.
"I will always protect you, Mikes." Gerard whispered.
- - -
Frank and Gerard said in the middle of a daisy field. Gerard picked daisies from the grass, making a daisy-chain. Frank looked up, annoyed at the sunlight, but mostly annoyed at the place past the sunlight.
"It's 11:50am," Frank announced. "10 minutes,"
"Stop counting down," Gerard muttered. Frank had been doing this all the way through their last hour together.
"I am going to count down, Gerard. I only have 10 fucking minutes left with you. And then I'm never going to see you again." Frank shot back..
"Frank, I know how you feel!" Gerard argued. "But, please, just cherish it."
"You don't know how it feels to get rejected. I'd say yes to me if I were you in a heartbeat," Frank retorted.
"Don't act like I don't love you." Gerard whispered.
"You don't love me as much as I love you," Frank shook his head.
"I do! Can we just stop this fighting?!" Gerard protested. 9 minutes. Frank stood up, and so did Gerard. They walked together to the cliff, that took a few minutes.
"5 minutes," Frank spoke out loud. "I guess, we should use this time..."
Gerard squinted at Frank, the wind making his black hair rustle in the wind.
"Yes." Gerard swallowed.
"Is this really it, Gerard? One last chance, please join me." Frank said, weakly.
"I can't. I'm sorry." Gerard looked down at the rocks. 4 minutes.
"Okay." Frank sucked in a sharp breath. "I guess this is it, then."
"Yeah, I guess it is," Gerard bit his lip. Frank pulled Gerard close to him again, and kissed him, passionately, Frank could feel Gerard's tears, and it pained him.

2 minutes.

Chantal climbed up the cliff, as she had promised Gerard she'd be there at midday.

"Thank you for making my life on Earth not as boring," Frank laughed. "I mean, as soon as I saw you I was like, bingo."
"Don't say that," Gerard jabbed him in the ribs, snorting with laughter.
But, soon, the laughter died down.

1 minute.

Chantal was on top of the cliff now.

Gerard stripped off his top, to reveal his wings. Frank ran his own fingers across his own neck, feeling the scorpion mark.
"How can I love you now?" Gerard asked, hopefully.
"It's pretty simple... You can't," Frank replied.

End.

Chantal stood next to Gerard, glaring at the demon.
"Come on, Gerard," Chantal smiled, standing at the cliff-edge. Gerard stared at Frank.
"Goodbye," Frank stepped backwards. Gerard couldn't find the words, as he stepped to the cliff-edge, and looked right back at Frank again.

Chantal and Gerard jumped.

Frank watched the gleam in the sky sparkle and fade. Frank dropped to his knees on the cliff.

"FUCK YOU!" He shouted the sky. "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK. YOU."

Frank tried not to cry, oh how he tried. But, he couldn't stop it. The tears falling down his cheeks like waterfalls. That special angel had gone. Completely gone. And it felt like his world was crushing, and as if there was no point. He needed to find a sunlight shot, he needed to end this pain. If there was no him and Gerard, there would be no him. End of.

It pained Frank to think that Gerard is up in Heaven, then. God congratulating him for not joining the 'pesty demon'.

.

- - -
Gerard coughed, water filling his lungs. His wings were wet and damp, and he couldn't breathe. This was a bad idea. He couldn't fucking swim. Gerard tried to use his wings, and he managed to crawl up onto the surface, next to the cliff. He spat out the water, and shivered, rubbing his eyes. He had lost his messenger bag, it had probably sunk to the bottom of the ocean. It had his t-shirts in and holy water. Gerard managed to stand up, and made his way around the rocks, his ankles were cut and bruised as he left fadey footprints in the sand. His wings were broad, but they didn't feel strong. They felt weak, and feeble. Gerard had a cut across his cheek, as he managed to get to the bottom of the cliff, on the other side. He wheezed, his stomach hurting. Gerard need time. He left the scene, his hair damp, and went to Pete's apartment that he gave him. Inside, he found some scissors. Whilst staring into the miror, Gerard began to chop off inches of his long, messy black hair.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp7z1rX6Pk1qinkxwo1_500.gif <- Gerard's haircut. [used to be revenge, now this... see if the link works]

Gerard walked back to the cliff, and began to climb.
- - -
Frank stood on top of the cliff, he had gone to his demon friend and asked for a sunlight shot. He didn't tell his demon friend why. Frank held the golden shot tightly in his hand.
- - -
Gerard finally reached the top of the cliff. With his messenger bag long gone, his wings were exposed. Gerard ran a hand through his now-short hair, then his eyes widened at the sight in front of him.
"NO! STOP!" Gerard shouted.

Frank thought he was hallucinating. No way was Gerard here. He was up in Heaven, he saw it himself. He saw the sparkle fade. Frank raised the sunlight shot.

Gerard sprinted to Frank, and grabbed the shot out of his hand, and lobbed it into the ocean. Frank looked at Gerard, dumbfounded.
"How.. Are you... Here?" He whispered. "I saw you jump."
"I jumped. Into the ocean. I didn't jump with Chantal. I couldn't... Leave you." Gerard mumbled. "I can't swim."
Frank started laughing, a relief washed over him and he grabbed Gerard, wrapping his arms around him, and squeezed so tight Gerard could barely breathe. Afterwards, he let go.
"You've cut your hair..." Frank said, running a hand through Gerard's short black locks.
"D-do you like it?" Gerard asked.
"I love it.." Frank kissed Gerard, softly, then stared at his wings. "If you're not in Heaven, then... What are you doing here?"
"I-.." Gerard swallowed, hoping Frank hadn't changed his mind. "I'm joining you."
Frank's eyes popped out of his skull.
"Really!?" He exclaimed, grinning widely.
"Really." Gerard smiled, his wings strained behind him, knowing what was going to happen.
"Your wings... Are going to have to get-"
"Clipped, I know," Gerard gulped.

Gerard stared up at the sky, knowing God was probably there, telling everyone the news of Gerard joining the ranks of Hell. His favourite angel, going against him, yet again. Gerard felt a wave of guilt wash over him, but then after that, he felt peace.

Gerard realised, this is where he belongs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank entwines his fingers in Gerard's, kissing Gerard's neck, softly. Gerard hasn't got the scorpion on his neck because he's terrified of needles, so Lucifer agreed that Gerard doesn't have to, after all, Gerard has the giant scars on his back from where his wings were ripped from, and that signifies that Gerard is loyal to Lucifer, not God. Not God anymore. Gerard giggles as Frank bites his cheek, then they walk down to the pub, on Earth, seeing the four human friends. Gerard changes his black eyes to hazel. Mikey notices this, straight away, and he smiles to himself. He knew that Gerard would join Frank, from the first day he saw the way Frank looked at Gerard at the pub. He knew that Frank was a demon and Gerard was an angel, because Mikey has a gift. He contacts both sides. He just wanted Gerard to know that he's always on his side. The four friends laugh and chat, and then eventually, Frank and Gerard both go, but they say they will be back, and the friends know that's a promise. They return to the depths of Hell. Lucifer stares at Frank, then at Gerard.
"An angel who trades their place in Heaven for Hell... That is evil courage," The Devil laughs. "I remember you, Gerard. In the battle. All about peace, eh?"
Gerard smirks, a little bit.
"Not anymore." Gerard replies. Frank winks at him. Satan, Frank and Gerard talk about the positions that Frank and Gerard will result. Lucifer knows he needs both of them to work together, which they are very happy about. He needs Frank's confidence and his darkness, and he needs Gerard's fake innocence and his pretty face, to convince humans to join Hell.

Gerard once finds himself thinking about Bert and his dead career-life. Gerard finds himself often thinking about his angel friends back in Heaven. How are they getting on with such high expectations? How are they getting on with the weight of goodness on their shoulders? And he really does hope that when some of them go to Earth, that they will meet their demon soul mate.

Because, Hell is a whole lot better than Heaven, in his opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, of course, this is where Gerard Way really belongs.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading, folks!